Savings:
60%
Expiry:
October 15, 2019
Retailer:
The Last Hunt
**ALL ITEMS ARE FINAL SALE** No returns and no cancelling once ordered

**10% off code no longer works. Price is 129.99

This is one of the cheapest prices for a Gore Tex jacket I've seen and it has a full size run for men in 3 colors and women in one color. It is a lightweight jacket that is meant to be layered with for colder weather, but perfect by itself for warmer months.

Enter the code "TKS10" for 10% off to take price to 116.99. Free shipping over 100 dollars spent. Also 2% Ebates/Rakuten

Expires Tuesday October 15th at midnight for extra 10% off

Womens version: https://www.thelasthunt.com/products/ma ... -mar-46010
Last edited by Bbrown3979 on Oct 16th, 2019 7:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
28 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
9682 posts
3034 upvotes
Wish they had some bright colours.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
3147 posts
2032 upvotes
Langley
I have his jacket and love it. It's perfect for rainy days and does that job quite well. It is a hard shell, just be aware.
This is around the same price as if you were to buy it from Sport chek with their employee code.

It has side armpit vents for those longer hikes and protects quite well. I've only used it around town and on a pretty light 3km hike in the rain with tree cover, but it's held up fine with that. I haven't tried it on the mountain as I have a skiing specific jacket I use.

At this price, you won't find a better rain jacket.
Dec 19, 2006
684 posts
632 upvotes
Vancouver
jellytime wrote: I have his jacket and love it. It's perfect for rainy days and does that job quite well. It is a hard shell, just be aware.
This is around the same price as if you were to buy it from Sport chek with their employee code.

It has side armpit vents for those longer hikes and protects quite well. I've only used it around town and on a pretty light 3km hike in the rain with tree cover, but it's held up fine with that. I haven't tried it on the mountain as I have a skiing specific jacket I use.

At this price, you won't find a better rain jacket.
How breathable is the jacket? Does it get sweaty or clingy underneath?
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
20951 posts
3505 upvotes
YUL
ocisnicola wrote: How breathable is the jacket? Does it get sweaty or clingy underneath?
All rain jackets do, to a certain point but the pit zips help a lot
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1404 posts
869 upvotes
Near You
Is there any in a store we can check out before committing to a size?
• AMEX Platinum
• MC BrimRogersSTACK • Visa TD AeroplanScotiabank Momentum
• TDCT • HSBC Premier • Tangerine • Fido 25GB/35$ • Public Mobile • Google Fi • Novus 1GIG/60$
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
4400 posts
5938 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
ocisnicola wrote: How breathable is the jacket? Does it get sweaty or clingy underneath?
It's not GoreTex Pro. It's the less breatheable Paclite version, but zippers should help. Depends on what you're using it for. Hiking should be no problem, at all.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
1942 posts
436 upvotes
Lévis
najibs wrote: All rain jackets do, to a certain point but the pit zips help a lot
Primary objective of a breathable waterproof membrane is to keep you dry. So put your expectations low (well Event and maybe some of the newer goretex technology are better). Paclite is a membrane for ligh stuff. So it's not the workhorse of the company. IMHO, I prefer much more paclite over coatings like precip.
Pitzip are mainly use to cool you down.
Remember: no return with TLH.
Pourquoi pas?
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2017
1097 posts
795 upvotes
A Turtles Dream in O…
I think this is the cheapest goretex out there, so it's definitely not going to be as breathable as a goretex pro shell. Personally, it's not breathable enough for me. Really depends on your uses and how hot you run, if it'd work for you, though.
Can you spare some cutter, me brother?
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
3261 posts
1757 upvotes
Calgary
pretty good deal for a real goretex jacket & a really really good deal comparo to Arcteryx & the like. gonna grab a surf blue & a ballcap. thanks op
[OP]
Sep 21, 2019
192 posts
398 upvotes
mistytalon wrote: Is there any in a store we can check out before committing to a size?
Sail has a large selection of Marmot in store. We just got back from trying it on there. Most outdoor stores should carry at least something from them.
Last edited by Bbrown3979 on Oct 15th, 2019 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 2, 2008
514 posts
237 upvotes
Montreal, QC
If you are unsure, read the review at Outdoor Gearlab:
"While this jacket didn't win an award, it remains one of our favorites and is an awesome do-anything jacket offering excellent stormworthiness, functionality, & durability."

I bought this jacket before a 3 week trip to Ireland (to replace a 20 year old LL Bean jacket) and wasn't disappointed.
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
14593 posts
5823 upvotes
Ottawa
I have this jacket and like it, it's the perfect light rain shell. However, the DWR wore out pretty quickly and it wets out pretty easily. This is not a specific problem with this jacket, it affects all these breathable raingears, you have to re-apply the DWR fairly regularly if you wear it a lot or subject the fabric to rubbing.

The whole thing about being goretex being "breathable" has always been a myth, but this jacket does have the pitzips which really does allow it to air out and that makes all the difference.

Great deal though, I think I paid about $170 for mine, but I didn't have to put up with a bright red or blue :)
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2005
1533 posts
326 upvotes
Whitby
Got a black one in July from Amazon for $96. Love it.
Mar 18, 2007
327 posts
125 upvotes
Edmonton, ab
I used one for a 3 day hike in the olympics. +6 C most of the time wore this over a icebreaker t shirt. It was pretty waterproof in the mist and the rain and the sideways rain. I’d recommend it.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
3147 posts
2032 upvotes
Langley
Around the town i've never had issues with sweatyness, but it's just around town. For the 3km hike there was a very slight moisture build up, but nothing significant. I have never worn this jacket with a tshirt though. I always wear a long sleeve when I wear it, so the stickyness I can't comment on.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2012
1227 posts
2707 upvotes
Got this jacket when it went on sale on Amazon for $100 earlier this year. Amazing quality and real Goretex. Well worth the price.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
19503 posts
6678 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
Got from Amazon for $78. Haven't worn it yet, it's a backup of a backup. :)
Jan 20, 2019
276 posts
301 upvotes
You can use codes AS10 or NEWS10 to still get the extra 10% off.