Expired Hot Deals

[The Last Hunt] Osprey Axis 18L Backpack

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 4th, 2019 3:37 pm
[OP]
Sr. Member
Jul 25, 2010
599 posts
430 upvotes
Vancouver

Osprey Axis 18L Backpack

Deal Link:
Price:
45
Savings:
55%
Retailer:
The Last Hunt
Rarely can you find an Osprey bag for this cheap, yet it's still quite functional as a day pack, good for light hikes, commute, or as a secondary bag when traveling as it can be stashed into a larger carry-on.
https://www.thelasthunt.com/products/os ... p-axis2052

As with all their bags, backed by their All Mighty Gaurantee

Remember to stack with Rakuten 4% (regular 2%) cash back
Last edited by DrAcX on Dec 2nd, 2019 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
18 replies
Newbie
Mar 8, 2019
10 posts
3 upvotes
Would this pack hold a laptop, a book and some other smaller misc items?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 13, 2008
3228 posts
1178 upvotes
Vancouver
oh cool. looks like they updated stock, wasn't this much selection black friday
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 30, 2005
3155 posts
878 upvotes
Mars
too bad, no farpoint 40L, 45L. what's kid's 50, 50L for kids?
[OP]
Sr. Member
Jul 25, 2010
599 posts
430 upvotes
Vancouver
BrownMamba wrote: Would this pack hold a laptop, a book and some other smaller misc items?
Yes, that is exactly what it likes to hold :)
I'm reading that people are able to fit up to 15" laptops in it, however it gets tight - I assume they are using the built-in laptop sleeve which appears to have a lot of stretch.
Newbie
Nov 22, 2018
31 posts
21 upvotes
Shipping shows up as $15.88 for me. Are there any recommended filler items to go up to $50 for free shipping?
Newbie
Mar 8, 2019
10 posts
3 upvotes
DrAcX wrote: Yes, that is exactly what it likes to hold :)
I'm reading that people are able to fit up to 15" laptops in it, however it gets tight - I assume they are using the built-in laptop sleeve which appears to have a lot of stretch.
I got one for day hikes as my old crappy one is falling apart and use it when I want to pack light for university. Thanks OP!
[OP]
Sr. Member
Jul 25, 2010
599 posts
430 upvotes
Vancouver
iputonmymask wrote: Shipping shows up as $15.88 for me. Are there any recommended filler items to go up to $50 for free shipping?
Socks are a pretty good bet, I picked up a pair of hiking socks for that. Otherwise I'd just browse everything price ascending to see if you hit something you actually need.
https://www.thelasthunt.com/collections ... .price=asc
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2003
1629 posts
483 upvotes
forgetpwd wrote: too bad, no farpoint 40L, 45L. what's kid's 50, 50L for kids?
+

Does anyone know what the main differnces are between the "kids" version and the adult ones if the internal capacity fits my needs? Some of these sound really big for kids.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2004
1331 posts
215 upvotes
Richmond Hill
forgetpwd wrote: too bad, no farpoint 40L, 45L. what's kid's 50, 50L for kids?
You mean 55L? Keep in mind there are airline with smaller overhead compartment that the 55L don't fit.
Newbie
Feb 4, 2017
39 posts
66 upvotes
forgetpwd wrote: too bad, no farpoint 40L, 45L. what's kid's 50, 50L for kids?
Got my 55L from Chain Reaction (England) on line this past summer. $160 shipped to Canada including all prepaid duties and taxes.
They always have discount codes to reduce they're already low price on Ospreys.
[OP]
Sr. Member
Jul 25, 2010
599 posts
430 upvotes
Vancouver
ShinNoodles wrote: +

Does anyone know what the main differnces are between the "kids" version and the adult ones if the internal capacity fits my needs? Some of these sound really big for kids.
I assume the fit of the back panel + shoulder straps + hip belt are much smaller, intended for kids. I imagine these bags as being miniature versions of some adult equivalent (ex. 75L youth being something like a smaller 105L for adults, or 50L youth = 70L adult, or 38L youth = 55L adult, etc).

For example the Ace 75 assumes you have a torso of 15-20" and are age 11-18, Ace 50 assumes 13-19" with age 8-14, Ace 38 assumes 11-15" with age 8-11.
Compare this with something like the Xenith for adults which has a torso range of 18-25".
Judging by these numbers most adults wouldn't be able to carry the Ace 38 at all, would have a hard time carrying the Ace 50, and might just barely feel comfortable carrying the Ace 75.
Newbie
Aug 6, 2015
69 posts
17 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Free shipping doesn't appear to be available until purchases of greater than $150.

If there are a couple of people interested, I'm currently in Calgary and purchased 3. If you want one, just let me know)
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 30, 2005
3155 posts
878 upvotes
Mars
Focus wrote: You mean 55L? Keep in mind there are airline with smaller overhead compartment that the 55L don't fit.
yeah, i know, 45L is the limit, but farpoint and another model of ospery has only 38, 40, 44 (if i remember correctly), 46 (which is quite odd) for airlines. 40 maybe the best for taking on airplane.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 30, 2005
3155 posts
878 upvotes
Mars
PCAvalon wrote: Got my 55L from Chain Reaction (England) on line this past summer. $160 shipped to Canada including all prepaid duties and taxes.
They always have discount codes to reduce they're already low price on Ospreys.
i was debating really hard on that one, no rain-cover. i remember couple of years back the bags coming with attached rain-cover. And this year's 11.11, the chinese "BF", my chinese colleague got one with rain-cover. if sold seperately on osprey it costs over $20.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2004
1331 posts
215 upvotes
Richmond Hill
forgetpwd wrote: yeah, i know, 45L is the limit, but farpoint and another model of ospery has only 38, 40, 44 (if i remember correctly), 46 (which is quite odd) for airlines. 40 maybe the best for taking on airplane.
I think they're 40/55/70, there are no in-between sizes. If you op'ed for 55 90% of the time you should be fine, if you look around at the custom line up you will see a lot of 55s. I have never stopped by anyone and ask me to check in the bag.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2014
1055 posts
875 upvotes
Edmonton
Another204 wrote: Free shipping doesn't appear to be available until purchases of greater than $150.

If there are a couple of people interested, I'm currently in Calgary and purchased 3. If you want one, just let me know)
PM'd
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 30, 2005
3155 posts
878 upvotes
Mars
Focus wrote: I think they're 40/55/70, there are no in-between sizes. If you op'ed for 55 90% of the time you should be fine, if you look around at the custom line up you will see a lot of 55s. I have never stopped by anyone and ask me to check in the bag.
maybe you are luckier, i have been checked couple of times. 55L is visibly bigger than 45L. i might remember something wrong, not farpoint, but another model of osprey, they do have 38, 46, i'm very sure about 46, cause when I first saw that size, i was like, WTH, 1L bigger than 45L limit.

Top