Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
The Last Hunt

Osprey Backpacks

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 20th, 2019 8:53 pm
Feb 2, 2015
824 posts
442 upvotes
Bought a Osprey Radial 34, thanks!
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2012
2837 posts
1011 upvotes
Saskatoon
najibs wrote: Probably. Why does it matter? Osprey has a lifetime warranty and a great reputation.
I don’t know, to support Canadian economy and keep Canadian jobs. Given backpacks price range I thought they were made in Canada.
No need to type thank you; upvote=thanks.
Buffett, investors are focusing “not on what an asset will produce but rather on what the next fellow will pay for it.”

“Because gold is honest money it is disliked by dishonest men.” – R. Paul
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
4532 posts
5071 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
T-DOT wrote: What about Duties? I think from the ultra boost thread a few months ago, people ordering from that site were hit with duties.
GeorgeC766546 wrote: Any import fees?
I've ordered from them twice without fees. That said it's not a guarantee.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2017
1909 posts
2095 upvotes
A Turtles Dream in O…
ukrainiandude wrote: I don’t know, to support Canadian economy and keep Canadian jobs. Given backpacks price range I thought they were made in Canada.
I would have thought that with their warranty, the prices made it obvious that they were made overseas :P They're pretty cheap compared to other companies in the outdoorsy sector.
Can you spare some cutter, me brother?
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
21465 posts
4880 upvotes
YUL
ukrainiandude wrote: I don’t know, to support Canadian economy and keep Canadian jobs. Given backpacks price range I thought they were made in Canada.
I can’t think of any company that makes backpacks in Canada
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2009
3841 posts
2260 upvotes
'Shwallywood
was hoping for some hiking packs. Good post tho
I don't fail, I succeed at finding what doesn't work
Nov 1, 2015
625 posts
309 upvotes
BC
ukrainiandude wrote: Made in China?
No idea havent got it yet. My 38L Mutant was made in Vietnam.

I did a quick google search for you and Ospreys production is in Vietnam. Here's a video to go along with it.

Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
23129 posts
2318 upvotes
Singapore
It's a shame that all of the good North Face bags are sold out.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
9869 posts
1912 upvotes
TO
Have a general question for all daypacks and hiking bags and the ones you take along trips: How do you sanitize it before first use i.e. you'll be putting in garments shirts shorts etc. do you pack in ziplock bags or roll em in bags?

I mean I get it if all I'm doing is putting books or packed baby items but I'd like to sanitize before putting my stuff

thanks
"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2014
1331 posts
984 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
How durable are these? I use backpacks (swiss gear, kensington, etc) for everything including groceries. I stuff 8L of milk as well a ton of other crap in there. I fill it really full. The backpacks seem to rip after anywhere for 6-18months. Do Osprey last longer under such conditions?
Mar 27, 2010
194 posts
26 upvotes
Nebula sold out so wanted to go with the North Face Recon but even that is sold out. I should have probably got one day before yesterday itself. I am just going to go sleep now!
Jan 26, 2011
730 posts
635 upvotes
Gatineau
Thanks OP I ordered a Radial 34 because the Momentum 26 I got this Winter off that website didn't have the room I was hoping it would; while I can manage to fit everything now (change of clothes, 15" laptop, lunch), I would have had to use a larger bag in the Fall when it might rain to put my rain gear when biking to work at lower temperatures.

The Momentum 26 is however an incredible bag, I'm looking forward to see the Radial. If anyone in Ottawa-Gatineau area wants to buy my "old" Momentum 26, that I have only used from end of April until I get the new one, let me know, it's the lime-green model.
Jan 26, 2011
730 posts
635 upvotes
Gatineau
panckage wrote: How durable are these? I use backpacks (swiss gear, kensington, etc) for everything including groceries. I stuff 8L of milk as well a ton of other crap in there. I fill it really full. The backpacks seem to rip after anywhere for 6-18months. Do Osprey last longer under such conditions?
I compared with Swiss Gear before buying an Osprey (at Canadian Tire, not sure if they have better grades elsewhere) and it was day and night. Go to a sporting goods store to see what they're made out of, they're very solid and well engineered.
Jan 8, 2007
587 posts
249 upvotes
Edmonton
What's a decent day/back pack for daily usage that isn't Osprey and around $40-60?

My son requires one but all the stuff from Osprey is sold out. What's a good alternative?
I got kicked out of Chapters because I moved all the Bibles to the fiction section.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2017
1909 posts
2095 upvotes
A Turtles Dream in O…
TorontoEh wrote: Have a general question for all daypacks and hiking bags and the ones you take along trips: How do you sanitize it before first use i.e. you'll be putting in garments shirts shorts etc. do you pack in ziplock bags or roll em in bags?

I mean I get it if all I'm doing is putting books or packed baby items but I'd like to sanitize before putting my stuff

thanks
I've never heard that question before, or thought of it myself. lol. I guess you could wash it out in the bathtub? Although I don't know any hikers who just toss clothes in their backpack. Usually people carry a "clothes" bag inside it for organization purposes. But yea, wash it out in a tub, if you're worried about it.
Can you spare some cutter, me brother?
Sep 15, 2018
128 posts
174 upvotes
Webkikr wrote: What's a decent day/back pack for daily usage that isn't Osprey and around $40-60?

My son requires one but all the stuff from Osprey is sold out. What's a good alternative?
The Momentum 26 looks like it's still in stock. For an extra $25 you get a lifetime warranty that goes as far as replacing the bag completely.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2009
1946 posts
2978 upvotes
Ottawa
Deal is dead. And most bags are sold out anyways.
Jan 22, 2007
258 posts
28 upvotes
If anyone in the GTA has buyer's remorse on a Nebula, PM me and I'll take.
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2017
1550 posts
2615 upvotes
Webkikr wrote: What's a decent day/back pack for daily usage that isn't Osprey and around $40-60?

I recommend MEC backpacks. I've been using a MEC Deluxe book bag for 3 years. The bag has loads of capacity, great support and small pockets galore.

I've definitely loaded it to the brim many times and taken it all around from work, school to travel. I'm not a careful owner yet it's still in great shape. Highly recommended.

Plus MEC offers a great return policy with no duration and their membership is only $5 for lifetime.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)