Cell Phones

Last minute decision - Koodo or Telus

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 28th, 2019 1:47 am
[OP]
Newbie
Feb 28, 2017
17 posts
1 upvote

Last minute decision - Koodo or Telus

Let's see if I can get a response before midnight :)

So here are my options:

Koodo
$55 for 8 gb per month
Iphone Xr
$220 upfront with $15 for 24 months
I have a $150 credit.

Telus
$67.60 for 10 gb per month
Iphone Xr
$13 for 24 months.

Thoughts?
I'm leaning towards Koodo only because I don't really want to pay a lot more for data.

I'll have to decide in about 10 minutes :P

Let's see if there's any RFD nighthawks
8 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
2696 posts
2301 upvotes
Richmond Hill
TFC2017 wrote: Let's see if I can get a response before midnight :)

So here are my options:

Koodo
$55 for 8 gb per month
Iphone Xr
$220 upfront with $15 for 24 months
I have a $150 credit.

Telus
$67.60 for 10 gb per month
Iphone Xr
$13 for 24 months.

Thoughts?
I'm leaning towards Koodo only because I don't really want to pay a lot more for data.

I'll have to decide in about 10 minutes :P

Let's see if there's any RFD nighthawks
Can you share where can you get $55/8GB ?
******************************************************
Bright side of RFD: 4 X Koodo $40/8GB plan
Dark side of RFD: Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
******************************************************
[OP]
Newbie
Feb 28, 2017
17 posts
1 upvote
Looks like Koodo's website shut down before 12 am.
So, I guess that deal is off of the table.

Too bad :(
[OP]
Newbie
Feb 28, 2017
17 posts
1 upvote
cheapshopper wrote: Can you share where can you get $55/8GB ?
It was a deal offered by Koodo as a special for me. I got a text message with this offer.
Apparently, the marketing department knows about these offers as they make them available to 'certain' customers etc etc
But, if you call in, the supervisors/managers will not be able to help you with these special deals as they tell me they don't have access to them or can make authorizations. I don't actually know if that's true or not.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7448 posts
4933 upvotes
Canada
Did the koodo $55 include the $15 tab payment? Or is it $55+15 ?
[OP]
Newbie
Feb 28, 2017
17 posts
1 upvote
RFDQ1016 wrote: Did the koodo $55 include the $15 tab payment? Or is it $55+15 ?
It was $55 + $15.

I tried to make the purchase before midnight when the sale ended. I didn't know the website would shut down beforehand. So, I guess it's either go to Telus OR wait for black Friday deals and use my $150 tab credit then.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7448 posts
4933 upvotes
Canada
TFC2017 wrote: It was $55 + $15.

I tried to make the purchase before midnight when the sale ended. I didn't know the website would shut down beforehand. So, I guess it's either go to Telus OR wait for black Friday deals and use my $150 tab credit then.
BF is still some time away. Make sure the credit is valid till then. They usually gave me 1 month to use the credit
[OP]
Newbie
Feb 28, 2017
17 posts
1 upvote
RFDQ1016 wrote: BF is still some time away. Make sure the credit is valid till then. They usually gave me 1 month to use the credit
Ah!
Good to know! Thanks for your advice.
Do you think they would still honor the Iphone XR deal given that the website died before August 26th was over?
I'm guessing they don't really care :P
Deal Expert
User avatar
Mar 25, 2003
15068 posts
3843 upvotes
Markham
Maybe see if Koodo will have some back to school special?
Koodo is Telus anyways, so go with cheaper monthly option
96TB Mediasonic H82-SU3S2 / 72TB Raid 50 on Mediasonic H8R2-SU3S2
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro

Top