PC & Video Games

The Last of Us Part 2 - (June 19, 2020)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 3rd, 2020 4:58 pm
Oct 30, 2018
91 posts
93 upvotes
gundamwingZero wrote: yeah thought about it and settled for the statue edition..
vinyl is nice though..
Has it been confirmed the vinyl is the full soundtrack though?
Isn't it the same as the Outbreak Day preview vinyl.
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
11822 posts
5908 upvotes

Easy Allies discuss the 3 hours of The Last of Us Part II they played at a preview event:

Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2013
2341 posts
1489 upvotes
GHO5T wrote: An update from Naughty Dog regarding the multiplayer:

I personally, couldn’t care less that there’s no multiplayer mode in this game.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9850 posts
7803 upvotes
Toronto
I didn't even know the first game had multiplayer despite owning two different versions of it lol. If no multiplayer means more time and resources went into single player then I'm all for that. That said I am curious about what "ambitious" and "enormous" means to them and I hope that doesn't mean they turned this game into some semi open world with checklist type objectives. Uncharted 4 was the perfect length and pace and I hope they don't deviate too far from that.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
4864 posts
1865 upvotes
Ajax
sleath56 wrote: Damn, the Ellie Edition sold out faster than Cyberpunk's CE.

No doubt all the scalpers lined up first thing in the morning to grab all of them.
Just look at these listings...

https://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_odkw=la ... e&_sacat=0
Ebay has gone to the shits as all of these listings violate their own pre-order policy which basically states you have to ship within 30 days of the purchase. None of these are within 30 days. What a joke Ebay has become.
Aug 20, 2009
9827 posts
5935 upvotes
ReeGee wrote: I didn't even know the first game had multiplayer despite owning two different versions of it lol. If no multiplayer means more time and resources went into single player then I'm all for that. That said I am curious about what "ambitious" and "enormous" means to them and I hope that doesn't mean they turned this game into some semi open world with checklist type objectives. Uncharted 4 was the perfect length and pace and I hope they don't deviate too far from that.
The MP in the first game was surprisingly deep and fun, much like the Uncharted MP. But I agree that it splits resources unnecessarily and that these games are known for SP so that's where the focus should be.
Oct 28, 2010
63 posts
79 upvotes
Toronto
Delayed to May 29th

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/10 ... s4-in-may/
Neil Druckmann - "I know. It was just about a month ago when we had our big blowout for the game, letting media play over two hours of it along with debuting our new story trailer and revealing the release date. The positive response we saw from our community was overwhelming. You can feel the energy among the team members. After working on something for so many years, it’s invigorating to get a glimpse of validation for all the hard work.

However, it was during the last few weeks, as we were closing out sections of the game, that we realized we simply didn’t have enough time to bring the entire game up to a level of polish we would call Naughty Dog quality. At this point we were faced with two options: compromise parts of the game or get more time. We went with the latter, and this new release date allows us to finish everything to our level of satisfaction while also reducing stress on the team.

While we’re relieved that we won’t have to compromise our vision, we’re disappointed that we weren’t able to avoid this exact situation. We wish we could’ve foreseen the amount of polish we needed, but the size and scope of this game got the better of us. We hate disappointing our fans and for that we’re sorry.

We hope you understand that this additional time ensures that The Last of Us Part II lives up to our collective ambition as well as our commitment to the highest level of quality. We know the extra few months will add to what may already be an excruciating wait for all of us. We are grateful for your patience and continued support. Come next May, you will finally rejoin Ellie in The Last of Us Part II."
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9850 posts
7803 upvotes
Toronto
No problem as I'll probably be neck deep in Cyberpunk 2077 when this launches so that will easily kill the time until this comes down in price
Mar 26, 2008
563 posts
282 upvotes
perhaps sony tried to push the release date sooner. i don't mind waiting for a polished product
Deal Fanatic
Feb 22, 2009
6111 posts
7131 upvotes
Whitby
Plenty of leaks out there. I am still on the fence on this one. Might get ghosts instead. The backlog FF7 etc should hold me until this price drops.
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
11677 posts
3489 upvotes
Victoria
I've avoided the leaks so I'd like to play as soon as it comes out. I did find it odd, that when Sony maybe puts out 2 really good AAA exclusives a year, that Last of Us II and Ghosts of Tsushima are only a month a part. I preordered last of us II, but depending how fast I go through it (and how long it takes).. maybe I wait for a sale on Ghosts.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
7409 posts
6686 upvotes
Toronto
zod wrote: I've avoided the leaks so I'd like to play as soon as it comes out. I did find it odd, that when Sony maybe puts out 2 really good AAA exclusives a year, that Last of Us II and Ghosts of Tsushima are only a month a part. I preordered last of us II, but depending how fast I go through it (and how long it takes).. maybe I wait for a sale on Ghosts.
I'm in the same boat as you. Probably wait for a sale on Ghosts. Maybe they want to take advantage of people being indoors and looking for games to play other than COD. I know the leak forced their hand a bit.
Koodo Mobile
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9850 posts
7803 upvotes
Toronto
"Comments are turned off". Good call SonyFace With Tears Of Joy
Deal Fanatic
Jun 16, 2009
7363 posts
8649 upvotes
GTA
I'm looking forward to this, but I need to start part 1 still! The release date will push it up my backlog pile, just want to finish COD WW2 single player story first Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat
And unfortunately my friend already spoiled some parts of it for me, he got triggered because Anita Sarkeesian was involved with writing the plot or something. So now he refuses to play it, and instead obsesses about it. I told him Sony won't miss his $$$$
c'mon get happy!
Deal Addict
May 9, 2007
1670 posts
719 upvotes
BernardRyder wrote: I'm looking forward to this, but I need to start part 1 still! The release date will push it up my backlog pile, just want to finish COD WW2 single player story first Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat
And unfortunately my friend already spoiled some parts of it for me, he got triggered because Anita Sarkeesian was involved with writing the plot or something. So now he refuses to play it, and instead obsesses about it. I told him Sony won't miss his $$$$
Don't kid yourself. If this game bombs as bad as the rumors are saying then this WILL impact sales of the PS5. Don't care what anybody says. I bought a PS4 Pro early in the generation because I trusted Sony and thought no matter which games get released this generation, at least I will be able to play TLOU2 at some point. Which game(s) will make gamers shell out 600-$700 for a next gen console if they kill this franchise?

Do yourself a favor and play the remastered version of TLOU, you're in for a treat. Easily the best game of last generation. Wait for reviews on the sequel... but as the saying goes,"where there's smoke, there's fire!"
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
11677 posts
3489 upvotes
Victoria
Is it really going to bomb? The first game was pretty good and it's been a long while since it came out. It's also been a long while since Sony put out one of their quality AAA titles. It feels to me like it could benefit from that.

Not sure how it impacts ps5 sales. If this game was amazing and we got a part III, it would be years and years before another one came out. I'm guessing they are banking on another title to help move consoles. Maybe HZD 2?
Sep 3, 2018
302 posts
164 upvotes
I havent read any of the spoilers or any of the leaks but if I just look at what is shown from the gameplay and just how well executed everything is, I can only imagine it can only turn out to be a good or great game. there is just so much polish in this game from what I have seen.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)