PC & Video Games

The Last of Us Part 2 - (June 19, 2020)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 3rd, 2020 4:58 pm
Deal Addict
May 9, 2007
1396 posts
450 upvotes
BernardRyder wrote: No, don't equate George Floyd to this - that's not even in the same logistical ballpark.
So its a precedence of bad practice, interesting. Thankfully you got Woke at a crucial time in the industry, when a game with so many diverse groups are pushing their liberal agenda down our throats. PTL, you'll save the industry...
You seem impatient, so just ignore the plentitude of early good reviews and wait for Very Truthful ones. You equate the reviews to being half-assed because it doesn't let you know the game's whole story before it is released. You don't need to buy it I guess.
I'm not here to convince you to buy it. I'm not going to fall for thinly-veiled deep thinking arguments and churlish equations of being a sheep. I'm intelligent enough to see the rabbit hole you're trying to pull people down, and its not very impressive.
Buy or don't buy but just don't pretend this is about something it is not, your lofty standards in purchasing a video game of all things. That noise is just a disservice to people here who are genuinely interested in the game.
Look at how XFactor11 and heywhatsmyname responded to my post compared to yours. I suggest you stick to responding to the argument rather than attacking posters on this board with slanderous terms such as "woke" or "impatient". You're not my friend and you don't know me so I'd appreciate it if you didn't act like it and if you can't do that then I expect you to stop replying to my posts.

Pointing out stupidity, flaws and criticizing something does not make me a hater. Rational adults are able to differentiate the difference. I actually have a more vested interest in this game than you do since TLOU is one of my favorite games of all time. I've purposefully stayed away from talking about spoilers as I do want players to play this game with an open mind and judge it for themselves. I think that Troy Baker is one of the greatest voice actors of our time possibly even surpassing Nolan North. Bringing these characters to life with such raw emotion is what made us fall in love with them.

You were out here defending this game vehemently against anyone even daring to even criticize the almighty TLOU only to come back and admit that you don't even like TLOU so I have no idea what the hell you're even doing in this thread and secondly you're telling me that out of all of these hundreds of reviews not even one of them could find a single thing wrong with this game? Not even one? No game is perfect. The story alone will be an emotional rollercoaster so I expect there to be controversy and gamers to be divisive. We shall see.
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
2653 posts
2832 upvotes
GTA
[quote=Bryson post_id=32702266 time=1592161936 user_id=95191]
Look at how XFactor11 and heywhatsmyname responded to my post compared to yours. I suggest you stick to responding to the argument rather than attacking posters on this board with slanderous terms such as "woke" or "impatient". You're not my friend and you don't know me so I'd appreciate it if you didn't act like it and if you can't do that then I expect you to stop replying to my posts.

Pointing out stupidity, flaws and criticizing something does not make me a hater. Rational adults are able to differentiate the difference. I actually have a more vested interest in this game than you do since TLOU is one of my favorite games of all time. I've purposefully stayed away from talking about spoilers as I do want players to play this game with an open mind and judge it for themselves. I think that Troy Baker is one of the greatest voice actors of our time possibly even surpassing Nolan North. Bringing these characters to life with such raw emotion is what made us fall in love with them.

You were out here defending this game vehemently against anyone even daring to even criticize the almighty TLOU only to come back and admit that you don't even like TLOU so I have no idea what the hell you're even doing in this thread and secondly you're telling me that out of all of these hundreds of reviews not even one of them could find a single thing wrong with this game? Not even one? No game is perfect. The story alone will be an emotional rollercoaster so I expect there to be controversy and gamers to be divisive. We shall see.
[/quote]

Nope, didn't defend the game. Even admitted to not playing it. If you bother to check, I even criticized TLOU Remastered as I am playing it for the first time now. I am backing the facts, which is that there is no conspiracy here which you are desperate to identify to the rest of us.
No game is perfect but many have gotten perfect or very close to perfect scores. Recently some have felt ZBOTW is 'Perfect, 10/10, A Masterpiece'. So no hidden conspiracy, simply the opinion of [i]some game journos[/i]. You could check that for yourself easily. I don't get why a lot of them being on the same page here is hard to believe, or a conspiracy. It's happened before, just accept it has happened here.
Is it perfect and should you buy it? A better question is Why Does It Matter? I've played a lot of games with mediocre scores and I loved them, and a lot with high scores I never finished because I found them Meh. But I never stood up and said why did this score so low/high! I blame <insert culpable person>, its a conspiracy, I need to educate everyone, I'm so angry! I mean really reflect on that for a second, man, you're legitimately coming off like that in your posts for a while now. In the end, you might have a ton of other games you could play, so just do what an RFDer would do, buy it when the price drops if your favorite reviewers like it enough. But this level of anger and soapboxing comes off as odd. So sorry if I come off as mean, and not being comparable to other posters, but the bar is being set pretty low here.
Woke offends you? Well I'm legitimately offended with comparing a conspiracy in gaming journalism to George Floyd, because the comparison is just gross and disingenuous, as I made clear. That's a First World Problem, finding a conspiracy in video game journalism, versus a person's unnecessary death. Saying you seem impatient offends you? Seriously, I can't apologize for that, it would be beneath both of us since I'm sure you're not a child.

And now you don't want me to respond to you anymore. Could I be so bold to make a wishlist too then? Mine is to participate in discussions with less Sensationalism and Outrage. I think we're both in the right mindset to participate like adults since we both also want players to play this game with an open mind and judge it for themselves, and we can let the rational adults differentiate the difference. I don't have a problem with you or anyone not liking the game since I sold my stock in Naughty Dog recently (kidding).

c'mon get happy!
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2007
1570 posts
486 upvotes
They will most likely release an updated version of LoU2 for PS5 right? Will they charge for that release or just upgrade the PS4 version? Deciding between digital/physical
Dec 22, 2007
318 posts
24 upvotes
Thornhill
is there anyway I can get the game day 1?
Im looking at pre-orders on amazon / bestbuy, seems like earliest is Jun 23/24
Penalty Box
Dec 11, 2006
4864 posts
1843 upvotes
Ajax
Raela wrote: is there anyway I can get the game day 1?
Umm go to a brick and mortar store Friday morning. No problem.
Penalty Box
Dec 11, 2006
4864 posts
1843 upvotes
Ajax
Bryson wrote: Look at how XFactor11 and heywhatsmyname responded to my post compared to yours. I suggest you stick to responding to the argument rather than attacking posters on this board with slanderous terms such as "woke" or "impatient". You're not my friend and you don't know me so I'd appreciate it if you didn't act like it and if you can't do that then I expect you to stop replying to my posts.

I thought hard and long about this game and went ahead and cancelled my pre-order. Will perhaps pick up in the Fall when it is half price.
Dec 22, 2007
318 posts
24 upvotes
Thornhill
mrtvgame wrote: Umm go to a brick and mortar store Friday morning. No problem.

yea that might be the only way to go.
Is bestbuy open these days in-store? or just pick up.

saw your post after mine, you cancelling your pre-order. I thought about skipping this for now, but I figure i am currently off, having more time to play, might as well
Deal Addict
May 9, 2007
1396 posts
450 upvotes
mrtvgame wrote: I thought hard and long about this game and went ahead and cancelled my pre-order. Will perhaps pick up in the Fall when it is half price.
Depends if you managed to pre-order the game at a discount then it's worth checking out TLOU2 for the production value alone. If you're paying full price then ya, there's no rush. The game will only get cheaper. I managed to snag a copy of God of War for something like $50 and and even managed to make a profit when I resold it for almost full price because of all the positive reviews lol.
Aug 20, 2009
8007 posts
2936 upvotes
Grimsby
EH15 wrote: They will most likely release an updated version of LoU2 for PS5 right? Will they charge for that release or just upgrade the PS4 version? Deciding between digital/physical
No one knows yet. I think it will be hard for Sony to justify charging for it when Microsoft is doing the (poorly named) "Smart Delivery" thing where you automatically get any upgraded version for free.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
9786 posts
1864 upvotes
Victoria
Raela wrote: is there anyway I can get the game day 1?
I preordered via digital. It's already downloaded, and the clock is ticking to when it unlocks :)
Dec 22, 2007
318 posts
24 upvotes
Thornhill
zod wrote: I preordered via digital. It's already downloaded, and the clock is ticking to when it unlocks :)
Yeah I wished that I am okay with digital, I just feel bit better with the physical copy; even though i don't really go back to play a game haha

how big is the file size?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
9786 posts
1864 upvotes
Victoria
Raela wrote: Yeah I wished that I am okay with digital, I just feel bit better with the physical copy; even though i don't really go back to play a game haha

how big is the file size?
I'm not sure what the download size was, but the install size is 77.53gb.

I love digital when it comes to videogames. I never bother to sell them, and I don't really collect the discs. I like having the games on the console and not dealing with discs. It makes it easy to switch between games or leave a movie in the drive and still play a game. Pre-orders are great because they download a week before the retail date, so they're ready to go at 9pm PST the day before release. It's interesting that i'm not all digital though. I still buy movies on bluray. I guess for videogames I got lazy. Plus there's no tax charged on the PSN store, and usually there's some kind of sale on PSN credit via some online coupon a few times a year (bought a bunch at 40% off with the boxing day toysrus double discount thing). I guess I assume that PSN wil keep selling their own games. I have much less faith in digital music, movie, and tv retailers. Rights seem to be able to change on a whim :(

I hope PS does what Microsoft did. I got an Xbox One X because my old ps3 died which we were using as the main optical media device in the living room. All my old xbox 360 digital games were available to play again. many enhanced for the one X. I know the ps3 is hard to emulate, but it would be cool if they pulled that off one day.
Dec 22, 2007
318 posts
24 upvotes
Thornhill
Oh? they don't charge tax on PSN?
cause that saves 10$ in tax

zod wrote: I'm not sure what the download size was, but the install size is 77.53gb.

I love digital when it comes to videogames. I never bother to sell them, and I don't really collect the discs. I like having the games on the console and not dealing with discs. It makes it easy to switch between games or leave a movie in the drive and still play a game. Pre-orders are great because they download a week before the retail date, so they're ready to go at 9pm PST the day before release. It's interesting that i'm not all digital though. I still buy movies on bluray. I guess for videogames I got lazy. Plus there's no tax charged on the PSN store, and usually there's some kind of sale on PSN credit via some online coupon a few times a year (bought a bunch at 40% off with the boxing day toysrus double discount thing). I guess I assume that PSN wil keep selling their own games. I have much less faith in digital music, movie, and tv retailers. Rights seem to be able to change on a whim :(

I hope PS does what Microsoft did. I got an Xbox One X because my old ps3 died which we were using as the main optical media device in the living room. All my old xbox 360 digital games were available to play again. many enhanced for the one X. I know the ps3 is hard to emulate, but it would be cool if they pulled that off one day.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 18, 2012
8751 posts
3733 upvotes
Toronto
anyone in Toronto done playing this game? I'll buy The Last of Us 2 off you