PC & Video Games

The Last of Us Part 2 - (June 19, 2020)

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 3rd, 2020 4:58 pm
Moderator
User avatar
Aug 20, 2009
8014 posts
2946 upvotes
Grimsby
s1gfromwpg wrote: Anyone know if any SDM locations got this game today? I tried calling a few spots around my way but no one is picking up the phone (not that I blame them). I've got a bunch of points to burn for Bonus Redemption days.
I checked with 2 locally and nothing yet. Heading out to Burlington later to do some shopping and I will check there.

And Amazon has failed me again, shipment delayed to Monday. Heading out to get a physical copy after work.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 16, 2009
2664 posts
2837 upvotes
GTA
mymuro wrote: https://www.ebgames.ca/homedeliveryrequ ... h7JtiXuDYQ
That transfer was ended May 11.

No way I am paying for this pathetic game. All I want is to reduce the loss ASAP.
Pathetic based on anger reviews from people who don't necessarily own it, they are just looking to feel important. Even actual bad and broken games don't get scores this low, so its all reactionary. But if the game offends you then I'm sure you'll still get most of your money back from flipping it. Preorders are always risky, you put in faith that a game will be mostly bug free and you will enjoy it. I bought Minecraft Dungeons a few days after it came out and it had so many bugs. One of them wouldn't let us finish a level despite restarting 3 times. Live and learn.
c'mon get happy!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
8007 posts
4630 upvotes
Toronto
Here's my scorching hot take release day prediction of how this game will be received over the next 4-6 months. TLOU2 will be widely considered as a solid 7-8/10 stealth action game with a decent story that people will read way too into and will be worth picking up at 50% off
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 19, 2010
6208 posts
4452 upvotes
Toronto
BernardRyder wrote: Pathetic based on anger reviews from people who don't necessarily own it, they are just looking to feel important. Even actual bad and broken games don't get scores this low, so its all reactionary. But if the game offends you then I'm sure you'll still get most of your money back from flipping it. Preorders are always risky, you put in faith that a game will be mostly bug free and you will enjoy it. I bought Minecraft Dungeons a few days after it came out and it had so many bugs. One of them wouldn't let us finish a level despite restarting 3 times. Live and learn.
Btw, if you're looking for the special edition, in stock at time of posting.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/th ... 4/13985753
With Zoomer Wireless !
Deal Addict
May 9, 2007
1396 posts
450 upvotes
BernardRyder wrote: Pathetic based on anger reviews from people who don't necessarily own it, they are just looking to feel important. Even actual bad and broken games don't get scores this low, so its all reactionary. But if the game offends you then I'm sure you'll still get most of your money back from flipping it. Preorders are always risky, you put in faith that a game will be mostly bug free and you will enjoy it. I bought Minecraft Dungeons a few days after it came out and it had so many bugs. One of them wouldn't let us finish a level despite restarting 3 times. Live and learn.
Can you stop attacking posters and let them spend their money however the **** they want? If the guy wants his money back then let him get his money back. Some people will play this game and not like it. Learn to deal with it.

Minecraft Dungeons is the best selling game on the market. I played the hell out of that game and never encountered any bugs.
Redmask wrote: Like most new games at release day, its getting review bombed by 0 score trolls. It will either get cleaned up by moderators or evened out by legitimate reviews eventually. Regardless I'm sure your resale value will hold for a whole 2 weeks. I don't expect to see this for half off until black friday.
Most new games get review bombed? I'm sorry did God of War get review bombed? Spider-Man? Or do only shit games get review bombed? Usually it's games with glaring issues like SWBF2, Fallout 76, Warcraft Reforged, etc..

Are the 0 scores any less credible than the fake 10/10 scores? Now that the game is out we are starting to get reviews from both sides instead of just the shill media. I warned you guys this would happen.
Moderator
User avatar
Aug 20, 2009
8014 posts
2946 upvotes
Grimsby
Yes a lot of new games get review bombed, particularly ones dealing with any potentially controversial content. Unless you really consider thousands of zero score reviews when the game has been out less than 24 hours to be valid. I'm baffled how anyone could come to a different conclusion, clicking on the scores and reading for a few minutes it could not be more obvious. Yes the publishers have also been caught trying to pump user scores from time to time and Metacritic typically goes and cleans everything up. No I don't really put a lot of stock in 10/10 user scores on day 1 either. Critics I will lend a bit more credence to because they had actual time with the game and generally have written up their opinion to read instead of a single sentence and a score.

Anyways you can write an essay about the media if you want but I'm not going to bother responding to it. Go find some reviewers who share your taste and are trustworthy, it's not difficult. I'm off to get my copy and will post my impressions on the weekend after some time with it.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 16, 2009
2664 posts
2837 upvotes
GTA
Bryson wrote: Can you stop attacking posters and let them spend their money however the **** they want? If the guy wants his money back then let him get his money back. Some people will play this game and not like it. Learn to deal with it.

Minecraft Dungeons is the best selling game on the market. I played the hell out of that game and never encountered any bugs.



Most new games get review bombed? I'm sorry did God of War get review bombed? Spider-Man? Or do only shit games get review bombed? Usually it's games with glaring issues like SWBF2, Fallout 76, Warcraft Reforged, etc..

Are the 0 scores any less credible than the fake 10/10 scores? Now that the game is out we are starting to get reviews from both sides instead of just the shill media. I warned you guys this would happen.
Heh, OK c'mon someone back me up here, where is my attack exactly? I'm supporting his decision to flip it because he can't even pick it up right now, his EB is a closed mall location. He hasn't played it to say it is bad yet, but he paid for it so he can do what he wants with his copy he doesn't have, no problem.

Glad for your MD experience, but you can fact check for yourself, some people have had problems on all platforms. I even thought it was just me having the problem but there are at least a few YouTube videos to support the issue I had. It got a pretty major patch yesterday too.
Yes you warned us, thanks for that. Just saying though, it feels like you see me post and you get angry right away without reading for comprehension. Feel free to block me maybe, as I'm not looking to stress you out so much.
c'mon get happy!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 16, 2009
2664 posts
2837 upvotes
GTA
Redmask wrote: Yes a lot of new games get review bombed, particularly ones dealing with any potentially controversial content. Unless you really consider thousands of zero score reviews when the game has been out less than 24 hours to be valid. I'm baffled how anyone could come to a different conclusion, clicking on the scores and reading for a few minutes it could not be more obvious. Yes the publishers have also been caught trying to pump user scores from time to time and Metacritic typically goes and cleans everything up. No I don't really put a lot of stock in 10/10 user scores on day 1 either. Critics I will lend a bit more credence to because they had actual time with the game and generally have written up their opinion to read instead of a single sentence and a score.
As a whole reviews in general are a bit of a joke. Think about the games you played as a youth that you loved, or played that had really high scores. At least half of those didn't age well and are as fun to play today as an enema. Reviews should be rescored on a yearly basis to consider launch hype and replayability. Everything is relative!
c'mon get happy!
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 31, 2006
1509 posts
378 upvotes
Richmond, BC
If anyone sees at Costco please let me know....I saw online it is $79.99 but in store it sometimes is a bit cheaper. Also going to try some local SDM for the points

Don't want to pay full price if possible.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2007
1396 posts
450 upvotes
BernardRyder wrote: Heh, OK c'mon someone back me up here, where is my attack exactly? I'm supporting his decision to flip it because he can't even pick it up right now, his EB is a closed mall location. He hasn't played it to say it is bad yet, but he paid for it so he can do what he wants with his copy he doesn't have, no problem.

Glad for your MD experience, but you can fact check for yourself, some people have had problems on all platforms. I even thought it was just me having the problem but there are at least a few YouTube videos to support the issue I had. It got a pretty major patch yesterday too.
Yes you warned us, thanks for that. Just saying though, it feels like you see me post and you get angry right away without reading for comprehension. Feel free to block me maybe, as I'm not looking to stress you out so much.
You're constantly trying to pass your opinions as facts and you're belittling the guy making it sound like he wants his money back only due to a knee jerk reaction to the negative user scores. I managed to re-sell God of War for full retail price after having gotten the platinum trophy due to all of the positive feedback. GoW was clean as a whistle, not a single negative thing to say about that game. That will not be the case with TLOU2 and it's divisive story. The game is designed to destroy you emotionally. There's enough problems in the world. I don't need to play a game that's going to make me feel depressed. Not right now.

As I said I played Minecraft Dungeons and never experienced any major issues. Games releasing patches is par for the course. Ori and Will of the Wisp ran like complete dogshit on my $600 Xbox One X, they released a patch for the game one week later and now it runs beautifully.
Member
Nov 18, 2007
292 posts
348 upvotes
Markham
One of the better non spoiler-y reviews I think. I haven't started the game, but this is on par with what I imagined the game was going to be like.

Sr. Member
Jul 14, 2014
924 posts
387 upvotes
Toronto, ON
puttar wrote: One of the better non spoiler-y reviews I think. I haven't started the game, but this is on par with what I imagined the game was going to be like.

Yeah, that's what I expect from the game. But to be fair, the first Last of Us was already a walking simulator. And to make matters worse, the scavenging was tedious. I hated having to open all these drawers and looking at every corner of every room to scavenge a couple of bullets or a pair of scissors...
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
8723 posts
3089 upvotes
As far as marketability of this other playable character (Abby), it looks like the writers were trying to be overly inclusive, and overly diverse.

The main issue is the second playable character (Abby) is transgendered, looks offputting
and does something that will make fans of the most popular character in TLoU 1 hate this character.
The majority of video game players cannot sympathize or relate to Abby due to how she thinks and what she does.

Plus her appearance, as a marketable co-lead playable video game character would be like
switching Garnet with Queen Brahne as a playable character in your party in Final Fantasy 9.

Image


Digital Foundry's 2nd part of their technical analysis on The Last of Us Part II. They say it is Naughty Dog's best game yet:

Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 16, 2009
2664 posts
2837 upvotes
GTA
Bryson wrote: You're constantly trying to pass your opinions as facts and you're belittling the guy making it sound like he wants his money back only due to a knee jerk reaction to the negative user scores. I managed to re-sell God of War for full retail price after having gotten the platinum trophy due to all of the positive feedback. GoW was clean as a whistle, not a single negative thing to say about that game. That will not be the case with TLOU2 and it's divisive story. The game is designed to destroy you emotionally. There's enough problems in the world. I don't need to play a game that's going to make me feel depressed. Not right now.

As I said I played Minecraft Dungeons and never experienced any major issues. Games releasing patches is par for the course. Ori and Will of the Wisp ran like complete dogshit on my $600 Xbox One X, they released a patch for the game one week later and now it runs beautifully.
You say I pass opinions on as facts? That's an interesting strategy, trying to flip the script. You might fail to see that your statement about GoW are a prime example is evidence on the contrary as the bolded section above demonstrates. And if I belittled mymuro then they could let me know, I don't see why you feel the need to defend them so rigorously. I hope you don't mind that I'm trying to keep this gender neutral as mymuro didn't refer to themselves as a specific gender Neutral Face
Please check for understanding before you respond to me. I'll remind you again that you could block me since my posts seem to be a waving red cape to you. If you don't want to play an emotionally draining game then carry that logic over to here and block people that have the same effect on you, assuming you have no ulterior motives.

Back on topic: Forbes wrote an article yesterday regarding the user bombing scores. The obvious evidence is being discussed, such as people not having time to play the game yet. A good read, he even mentions reviews that are too positive.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/ ... b8e3481ea7
Last edited by BernardRyder on Jun 20th, 2020 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
c'mon get happy!
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
1914 posts
599 upvotes
Toronto
When The Last of Us released in 2013 it was seen as a groundbreaking game. Even now the The Last of Us Remastered is seen as one of the PS4's must have games.

The Last of Us Part II will sell well, but there is no way it could have the same cultural phenomenon.

I feel it is time for Naughty Dog to do a "reset". Similar to how they went from Crash/Jak to Uncharted/TLOU.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)