The Last of Us Part 2 - (June 19, 2020)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 3rd, 2020 4:58 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2014
2248 posts
2358 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
gundamwingZero wrote: cancelled death stranding for this...
too bad, as per store manager, each store will only get 3 Ellie edition...
Don't believe them, same was said about resident evil 2 collectors edition, look how many they have at the top shelf collecting dust at most of their locations after 7 months.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2016
1426 posts
620 upvotes
BC
junglemage666 wrote: Don't believe them, same was said about resident evil 2 collectors edition, look how many they have at the top shelf collecting dust at most of their locations after 7 months.
I did get the ‘regular’ collectors though...
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
4548 posts
1669 upvotes
Ajax
gundamwingZero wrote: cancelled death stranding for this...
too bad, as per store manager, each store will only get 3 Ellie edition...
You really want the lame content in the Ellie edition? You going to display the backpack in the man cave? If I did that, I would be mocked for the rest of eternity.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2016
1426 posts
620 upvotes
BC
mrtvgame wrote: You really want the lame content in the Ellie edition? You going to display the backpack in the man cave? If I did that, I would be mocked for the rest of eternity.
yeah thought about it and settled for the statue edition..
vinyl is nice though..
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
48703 posts
5569 upvotes
Toronto
Just an FYI, Amazon has pre order price guarantee policy. You can pre order it now and if the price drops from now till release date then you'll be refunded the difference. Currently it's higher than retail by like $6 or $7 but i'm sure it'll drop. Death Stranding is at $79.99 right now, so should be similar to TLOU 2.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
5375 posts
1018 upvotes
calgary
I'm actually quite looking forward to this, recently got around to beating Uncharted 4 and the jump in quality in gameplay, graphics, and storytelling between the PS3 Uncharteds and the PS4 Uncharted was massive IMO so I'm hoping that this will follow that same trend.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
4548 posts
1669 upvotes
Ajax
XFactor11 wrote: The Last of Us 2 will most likely be released on PS5 with whatever DLC content comes out.

XBox Scarlett and PS5 are most likely Fall 2020 launches.
There's no strategic point in announcing a release date for the next consoles when the current ones still have to sell for another year
until then. E3 is not until June of next year, which is probably when the major details will be announced.
Well if Sony does not have some new titles to announce for PS5 then it would have been a strategic point to wait. M$ is holding back their next Halo of their new hardware but will still play on current hardware. The same should hold true for PS5. Waiting would have cost them nothing IF they have nothing else to launch with the console. I would just prefer to see anything going into 2020 and beyond be optimized for the new consoles. Feel the same way about Cyberpunk.

The only thing to be sore about at this point is that this title was not included on any E3 pre-sales. As such, it will not be a day one purchase for me but rather a discounter which will be more than likely by summer 2020.
[OP]
Oct 28, 2010
50 posts
67 upvotes
Toronto
The game will be on two discs and it's also confirmed that there won't be multiplayer.

I'm thinking since they poured all their time into single player, multiplayer can be released later on or do it on PS5.
Neil Druckmann - “This story is ambitious and complex in ways that the first one wasn’t. And it needed to be that big to tell this kind of story with this many characters. We didn’t set out to make the biggest game ever, it just kind of evolved that way. We got excited by how much this story has to offer, and there’s going to be moments where you’ll think you’re getting to the end and you’ll realise it was just the opening part and it’s opened up to this whole other section.

"It’s so ambitious the game doesn’t fit on one BluRay, it’s on two discs. It’s so ambitious that we actually decided to make it single player only. There’s no multiplayer in The Last of Us Part 2. We wanted to take all of the resources to make this the biggest game we’ve ever done.”
Telegraph
Oct 30, 2018
44 posts
56 upvotes
gundamwingZero wrote: yeah thought about it and settled for the statue edition..
vinyl is nice though..
Has it been confirmed the vinyl is the full soundtrack though?
Isn't it the same as the Outbreak Day preview vinyl.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
8551 posts
2950 upvotes

Easy Allies discuss the 3 hours of The Last of Us Part II they played at a preview event:

Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2013
2231 posts
1299 upvotes
GHO5T wrote: An update from Naughty Dog regarding the multiplayer:

I personally, couldn’t care less that there’s no multiplayer mode in this game.