361 posts
240 upvotes
Scarborough, ON

Lastpass - 6 months of Free Premium for Students

Deal Link:
Price:
Free
Hi everyone,

if you are student or have .edu email and would to try a new password manager app i recommend to try the lastpass. it is compatible with all devices , OSs and browsers and now there is promo running you get 6 months premium plan for free

Your passwords will be saved on the server using 256-bit aes encryption

recently lastpass increased the monthly plan price for 3usd, and they upgraded the gui interface

I consider the actual price is expensive but sometimes they do promo the premium plan for half price
36 replies
Jul 5, 2013
751 posts
1099 upvotes
Saint John
Does prepaid visa with $0 balance work? I sometimes forgot to cancel my subscriptions.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2002
1459 posts
651 upvotes
Mississauga
I've been using the free version for a few years now without issue.

Not sure what the premium product would even provide, that the free version doesn't.
Dec 24, 2017
616 posts
534 upvotes
chrome sync already does this for free
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
2264 posts
2935 upvotes
Langley, BC
dgr81 wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2019 10:41 am
Not sure what the premium product would even provide, that the free version doesn't.
I use the free version as well, love it.

Premium features

One-to-many sharing
Emergency access
Advanced multi-factor options
Priority tech support
LastPass for applications
1 GB encrypted file storage
Mar 10, 2008
448 posts
145 upvotes
Quebec City
dgr81 wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2019 10:41 am
I've been using the free version for a few years now without issue.

One of the perks is to be able to access to your passwords via their native Android/iPhone app on instead of accessing them via a browser.

edit : Nevermind, false info.
Last edited by Arky33 on Apr 22nd, 2019 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2002
1459 posts
651 upvotes
Mississauga
Arky33 wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2019 10:47 am
One of the perks is to be able to access to your passwords via their native Android/iPhone app on instead of accessing them via a browser.
last pass app works fine on my iphone.
Mar 10, 2008
448 posts
145 upvotes
Quebec City
dgr81 wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2019 10:48 am
last pass app works fine on my iphone.
Yeah sorry you're right. I just tried the app on Android and it let me login just fine without Premium. I swear that for quite a while in the past, everytime I opened the app without Premium it asked me to either close the app or pay up for Premium.
Apr 14, 2018
88 posts
100 upvotes
LastPass is amazing, been using it for over 5 years now. Best password manager I've ever used,
Deal Guru
Aug 6, 2001
13111 posts
1457 upvotes
Mississauga
I've been very satisfied with BitWarden, any reason to try laspass instead?
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2007
4179 posts
1206 upvotes
Been using it for awhile too, highly recommend. Works for a majority of websites, although I suggest when you generate a password for the first time, copy it to your clipboard just in case it saves the wrong data field as password on some sites. Also, it's not entirely perfect for phone apps, but my understanding is it's probably one of the better ones overall.

I've heard BitWarden is more secure and by extension preferred by the tech savvy types, but Lastpass is better at filling out fields or doing things with less clicks overall.
:arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd:
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
16337 posts
6295 upvotes
Oakville
I've been using it for years. It's still not perfectly integrated on Android (never used it on iOS at all) but it's pretty close. But yeah, for most folks, the free version seems to be enough?
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Apr 13, 2019
16 posts
28 upvotes
Arky33 wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2019 10:59 am
Yeah sorry you're right. I just tried the app on Android and it let me login just fine without Premium. I swear that for quite a while in the past, everytime I opened the app without Premium it asked me to either close the app or pay up for Premium.
Yeah a year or two ago they added the mobile apps as a free feature
Oct 13, 2014
6 posts
31 upvotes
Calgary, AB
I'm about 4 years into LastPass, stopped paying for Premium after mobile app access became free. Fingerprint compatibility is a nice feature for the Android app.
[OP]
Feb 6, 2016
361 posts
240 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
tluu12 wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2019 1:06 pm
I'm about 4 years into LastPass, stopped paying for Premium after mobile app access became free. Fingerprint compatibility is a nice feature for the Android app.
Just a question is with the free version can someone use the same lastpass account at the same time with more than 1 device and the lastpass allows it ? Thanks