• Last Updated:
  • Jun 21st, 2017 11:58 pm
[OP]
Sep 9, 2016
26 posts
3 upvotes

Late payment of 2 dollar with koodo

Hello

I had a problem with koodo after closing the account with them and after 2 month of being with tellus .I received a mail from them that I owe them 2 dollar over charge and I have to pay it now as 5.61 .I called the customer service he told me just paid and it will not be reported as late .However it is reported as late with transunion and my score went down to 618 even though it was above more than 720.

This story happened about 10 month ago and I am trying to remove it but they still not helping in anything even thought it was their fault and they did not do as they promised .what you advice me to as transunion told I have to talk with koodo and koodo are not willing to help .
10 replies
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2005
21679 posts
2454 upvotes
lebanonbc wrote: Hello

I had a problem with koodo after closing the account with them and after 2 month of being with tellus .I received a mail from them that I owe them 2 dollar over charge and I have to pay it now as 5.61 .I called the customer service he told me just paid and it will not be reported as late .However it is reported as late with transunion and my score went down to 618 even though it was above more than 720.

This story happened about 10 month ago and I am trying to remove it but they still not helping in anything even thought it was their fault and they did not do as they promised .what you advice me to as transunion told I have to talk with koodo and koodo are not willing to help .
ccts.
Oct 23, 2013
181 posts
141 upvotes
The exact same thing happened to me. I was never notified of any bills after I was no longer their customer and wasn't expecting there to be any debts. They've been unwilling to help.

Submit a complaint to CCTS as Kasakato says. I just did the same.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
7456 posts
7583 upvotes
The Prairies
Sounds like you were late with a payment that you "apparently" didn't know about.
Late payments are reported the same way as on time payments are reported.
You can try with Koodo to get a good will correction, but good luck with that.
Normally correct reportings are not changed.

I'm not understanding how YOU not paying your bill, is any fault of Koodo's.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2014
1739 posts
949 upvotes
Newton Brook, ON
coolintheshade wrote: Sounds like you were late with a payment that you "apparently" didn't know about.
Late payments are reported the same way as on time payments are reported.
You can try with Koodo to get a good will correction, but good luck with that.
Normally correct reportings are not changed.

I'm not understanding how YOU not paying your bill, is any fault of Koodo's.
What bill? The account was closed at OP's request months prior. It'd only be OP's fault of "not paying their bill" if they were actually billed such back when they had the account and ignored it. If Koodo failed to inform OP of additional charges at the time (at closure or before), then the "late"ness would be on them.
You need someone with an umbrella not a fork
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
7456 posts
7583 upvotes
The Prairies
nmclean wrote: What bill? The account was closed at OP's request months prior. It'd only be OP's fault of "not paying their bill" if they were actually billed such back when they had the account and ignored it. If Koodo failed to inform OP of additional charges at the time (at closure or before), then the "late"ness would be on them.
How many companies can you think of that forgets to issue a bill?
I've switched cell providers several times over the years, moved and disconnected hydro and other utilities, discontinued cable TV service etc... and have always received a final bill.
They aren't going to wait 2 months before reaching out to you. It just doesn't happen.
Oct 23, 2013
181 posts
141 upvotes
coolintheshade wrote: How many companies can you think of that forgets to issue a bill?
I've switched cell providers several times over the years, moved and disconnected hydro and other utilities, discontinued cable TV service etc... and have always received a final bill.
They aren't going to wait 2 months before reaching out to you. It just doesn't happen.
I was in the same boat as OP. I went through all of my records after noticing the late payment and could not find any notifications/receipts/etc. of a final bill. The last one I received was the previous month's bill, prior to switching. Koodo simply did not notify me after the account had been closed.

On top of that, I decided to check my Koodo account a few weeks after closing it. I had $5 owing at that point, so I paid it and thought that was the last of the payments. A few months later, I discovered that wasn't the case.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2014
1739 posts
949 upvotes
Newton Brook, ON
coolintheshade wrote: How many companies can you think of that forgets to issue a bill?
So it's not really that you're "not understanding" OP's situation, you just deny the situation exists. It has never happened to you, so it never happens to anyone? I'm happy for you that you haven't had any problems, but unfortunately that isn't true for everyone.
You need someone with an umbrella not a fork
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
7456 posts
7583 upvotes
The Prairies
Nyaxite wrote: I was in the same boat as OP. I went through all of my records after noticing the late payment and could not find any notifications/receipts/etc. of a final bill. The last one I received was the previous month's bill, prior to switching. Koodo simply did not notify me after the account had been closed.

On top of that, I decided to check my Koodo account a few weeks after closing it. I had $5 owing at that point, so I paid it and thought that was the last of the payments. A few months later, I discovered that wasn't the case.
I guess I'm glad I never dealt with Koodo before. I've been with Telus, Rogers, Fido, Bell and MTS, and never had an issue.
I suppose you could say Koodo sucks.
[OP]
Sep 9, 2016
26 posts
3 upvotes
Thank you for your replies .actually they don't deny that they did not inform me but thr 2 dollar that they added after closing the account .but at same time they don't want to help and they always ignore any suggestion to help .they also don't want to contact credit bureau to explain them what happen .they don't care about customers credit history they think it is just a game

I will report this to CCTS as advised but I don't know about them but I will Google them and try to fix it
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2009
4355 posts
2016 upvotes
Toronto
lebanonbc wrote: I will report this to CCTS as advised but I don't know about them but I will Google them and try to fix it
CCTS home page; https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/7360
and their guide to making a complaint: https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/complaints/guide
Social Distancing means staying apart 2 meters or 6 feet, the depth of a grave.
Get closer and you might have one foot in the grave. (Pass it on)