• Mar 27th, 2024 6:08 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2005
8978 posts
2579 upvotes
Cornwall, Ontario
bubak wrote: The CK offer has a 1% fee instead of the public offer 3% fee, but it looks like the application page for the CK offer isn't ready yet. Have to wait a few days.
I have both offers.
The CK offer is a bit confusing.
It's for a True Line mbna card, I have a Platimum Plus mbna card now with a BT expiring in March, so this would be a new card fpr me
The confusing part is the BT fee, the CK email says 1% but if you go to "Apply now" in the CK email it takes one to the same True Line mbna page which shows a 3% fee for "promotional" BT's and a 1% fee for regular BT's

However, if I go in through my CK account I see this:
Balance Transfers (including transfers of funds to a bank account):
Standard Rate Balance Transfers:
• We charge a 1.00% fee on a Balance Transfer Transaction amount.
• If the Balance Transfer fee is less than $7.50 , we will charge a minimum Balance Transfer fee of $7.50 .
Promotional Rate Balance Transfers we may offer you:
• We charge a 3% fee on a promotional Balance Transfer Transaction amount.
• If the Balance Transfer fee is less than $7.50 , we will charge a minimum Balance Transfer fee of $7.50 .

Balance Transfer Promotional Rate offer disclosed at application:
• We charge a 1.00% fee on a promotional Balance Transfer Transaction amount.
• If the Balance Transfer fee is less than $7.50 , we will charge a minimum Balance Transfer fee of $7.50
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2005
8978 posts
2579 upvotes
Cornwall, Ontario
dolfan1980 wrote: Offer 2:
Check out this exclusive Balance Transfer offer with MBNA True Line® Mastercard®

Get a 0% promotional AIR for 12 months on balance transfers completed within 90 days of account opening, with a fee of only 1%. Terms apply, see offer for details.
This seems to be the best BT offer at this time.
Last BT offer I took was also 0%interest/1% fee but only for 10 months - I was hoping for the same when my current BT is up, but this is a bit better.
Anyone know when the 12 months window starts, ie that BT ends?
I know I have 90 days to take advantage of the rate, does that mean I could do the BT on 1st of March 2023 and stretch it to 1st March 2024?
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2009
3647 posts
3043 upvotes
krs wrote: This seems to be the best BT offer at this time.
Last BT offer I took was also 0%interest/1% fee but only for 10 months - I was hoping for the same when my current BT is up, but this is a bit better.
Anyone know when the 12 months window starts, ie that BT ends?
I know I have 90 days to take advantage of the rate, does that mean I could do the BT on 1st of March 2023 and stretch it to 1st March 2024?
The terms of this particular offer aren't available yet but other MBNA TrueLine offers say the following. Hopefully this one will be the same.
† Promotional Rates:
Balance Transfers: 0.00%
• This Promotional Rate applies to any Balance Transfers made within 90 day(s) of your account opening (each, an "eligible transaction").
• This Promotional Rate will remain in effect for 12 Statement Periods from the Transaction date of each eligible Transaction.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2005
8978 posts
2579 upvotes
Cornwall, Ontario
Does anyone know if I can use the mbna TrueLine BT offer to pay off my mbna Platinum Plus card (have only a BT offer on it) directly or if I have to take the extra steps via my checking account.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2009
3647 posts
3043 upvotes
krs wrote: Does anyone know if I can use the mbna TrueLine BT offer to pay off my mbna Platinum Plus card (have only a BT offer on it) directly or if I have to take the extra steps via my checking account.
Not directly, no, but they do allow easy online BT to chequing account.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2017
1121 posts
162 upvotes
bubak wrote: The link is https://www.creditkarma.ca/offer-details/CANCCMBNA06 but it requires having a CK account (which you can open for free) and might be targeted. It's for applying for a new card.
Thanks.

Any referrals for CK? or just sign up.

So no way to get 1% on existing cards?

Credit Karma sign up seems excessive with sharing all the info. Would it be possible to use some else's link for getting the credit card or those are unique links?
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2014
1579 posts
3140 upvotes
Calgary, AB
bubak wrote: Is there any reliable way to get cash out of offers that only allow BTs from credit cards? Trying to BT from a LOC.
BT to PC money account. Then you can etransfer yourself $3k/day/$10k/week
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2014
1579 posts
3140 upvotes
Calgary, AB
On a similar note, perhaps you'll be able to BT to the new EQ prepaid card.....
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2017
1605 posts
1366 upvotes
snowhite445 wrote: Thanks.

Any referrals for CK? or just sign up.

So no way to get 1% on existing cards?

Credit Karma sign up seems excessive with sharing all the info. Would it be possible to use some else's link for getting the credit card or those are unique links?
CK is for checking your credit so a useful tool IMO.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2017
1121 posts
162 upvotes
asbraich wrote: BT to PC money account. Then you can etransfer yourself $3k/day/$10k/week
1- What is PC money account? Is that like a credit card that can accept balance transfers and sending party only sees them as a credit but in fact they are a checking account?
2- Also, can't they send to any credit card and ask for cheque for overpaid amounts? It will take time but it is possible.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2017
1121 posts
162 upvotes
dolfan1980 wrote: CK is for checking your credit so a useful tool IMO.
A lot of banks connect to Transunion now. What does Credit Karma provides more than that?
Also, almost none provide Equifax report and probably Credit Karma doesn't either.

Are the links from CK unique to a user for credit card referrals?
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2017
1605 posts
1366 upvotes
snowhite445 wrote: A lot of banks connect to Transunion now. What does Credit Karma provides more than that?
Also, almost none provide Equifax report and probably Credit Karma doesn't either.

Are the links from CK unique to a user for credit card referrals?
No idea, I do like the email updates about credit inquiries and regular score updates.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2005
8978 posts
2579 upvotes
Cornwall, Ontario
snowhite445 wrote: A lot of banks connect to Transunion now. What does Credit Karma provides more than that?
Credit Karma provides the Transunion "consumer" credit score like some of the banks but also the detailed credit report, credit inquiries and other useful detail.
Borrowell does essentially the same but uses Equifax as the source information.
Jul 21, 2021
111 posts
78 upvotes
TD 1.99% for 6 months. :(
TD dont seem to send me any good BT deals. Will keep the card in the freezer.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2012
10043 posts
3758 upvotes
multi city dweller
Just received BT 10/0%/1% from TD.
Too bad I only have $5k CL on this CC.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2017
1605 posts
1366 upvotes
LOL808 wrote: Just received BT 10/0%/1% from TD.
Hmmm, did that come in the mail, an e-mail or otherwise? I used to get a lot in the mail and haven't had anything lately.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2012
10043 posts
3758 upvotes
multi city dweller
dolfan1980 wrote: Hmmm, did that come in the mail, an e-mail or otherwise? I used to get a lot in the mail and haven't had anything lately.
Both. Interesting that both arrived on the same day. This never happened before. Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Email arrived this morning.
Snailmail arrived this afternoon.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2005
8978 posts
2579 upvotes
Cornwall, Ontario
LOL808 wrote: Just received BT 10/0%/1% from TD.
I think that will be a factor for the TrueLine mbna offer, the low CL for a new account.

I just checked on my existing mbna Platinum Plus account, started with 8K CL a few years ago and am up now to 26K
I assume with a new TrueLine mbna account my CL would just be around 8K as well.