Credit Cards

Latest Balance Transfer Promos

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 24th, 2020 1:23 am
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Aug 24, 2016
7453 posts
7579 upvotes
The Prairies
redflag0 wrote: I've never heard of the 50% limit at CIBC, also got the 1%/0%/10month offer from them
Admittedly I can’t say I’ve always paid attention to it, but for as long as I can remember, my cash limit has always been 100% of the credit limit.
I’ve seen CIBC post BT promos on their website for new signups of Dividend, and it explicitly stated “you can transfer up to 50% of the granted limit”.
Not sure if this is normal practice for them.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2012
7864 posts
2140 upvotes
multi city dweller
coolintheshade wrote: I got 2%/0%/10 offer last month, followed by 6k limit increase this month on the same card.
Haven’t had a BT offer or CLI offer from MBNA in a long time.
I think the only way to get 1%/0%/10 BT from MBNA is to apply for a 1 of those that are still offering it ...
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 21, 2005
11958 posts
10876 upvotes
coolintheshade wrote: Admittedly I can’t say I’ve always paid attention to it, but for as long as I can remember, my cash limit has always been 100% of the credit limit.
I’ve seen CIBC post BT promos on their website for new signups of Dividend, and it explicitly stated “you can transfer up to 50% of the granted limit”.
Not sure if this is normal practice for them.
Yes. If the new CIBC cc is the only dealing which you have with CIBC. It will be different if you are current CIBC customer with chequing account and/or LoC.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $36 5GB, $12 250MB, 2x $6 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan with a free tablet,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone. Have a better and better day!
Member
Apr 13, 2016
492 posts
314 upvotes
embguy wrote: Yes. If the new CIBC cc is the only dealing which you have with CIBC. It will be different if you are current CIBC customer with chequing account and/or LoC.
this makes sense, I've had a prior relationship with them hence I could do 100% of the CL
😱 4x Telus 25GB/$30 - 1x Fido Data 4GB/$0 - 1x Fido Data 3GB/$0 😱
Sr. Member
Oct 11, 2005
774 posts
1488 upvotes
Airdrie, AB
coolintheshade wrote: for as long as I can remember, my cash limit has always been 100% of the credit limit.
I’ve seen CIBC post BT promos on their website for new signups of Dividend, and it explicitly stated “you can transfer up to 50% of the granted limit”.
I have had my CIBC (Dividend) Visa since 1991, and I've shredded all statements that go back beyond my online statements, but for as long as I can go back, my Available Cash has also been 100% of the CL. However, when I had called in to CIBC to do a BT transfer a year ago, the rep made mention that I can only transfer 50% (which I since learned is not true). In practice you can get about 99% of your CL for BT, accounting for the 1% BT fee.

In August 2016, I signed up for a CIBC Tim Hortons Double Double Visa (RIP), and it started at 50% of the CL for cash. On my 7th billing cycle, CIBC automatically bumped it to 100%.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Aug 24, 2016
7453 posts
7579 upvotes
The Prairies
LOL808 wrote: I think the only way to get 1%/0%/10 BT from MBNA is to apply for a 1 of those that are still offering it ...
Yeah that’s been the case for a while now, but I haven’t received an offer from them period, for quite a long time.
I used to have a standing offer on my account, that would renew month after month, now I get nothing.
Member
User avatar
Nov 21, 2015
232 posts
249 upvotes
-37.68611 176.16667
coolintheshade wrote: Yeah that’s been the case for a while now, but I haven’t received an offer from them period, for quite a long time.
I used to have a standing offer on my account, that would renew month after month, now I get nothing.
I've been getting 0% /10m / 2% offers like clockwork but not accepting them.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2012
7864 posts
2140 upvotes
multi city dweller
coolintheshade wrote: Yeah that’s been the case for a while now, but I haven’t received an offer from them period, for quite a long time.
I used to have a standing offer on my account, that would renew month after month, now I get nothing.
I am still getting regular online offers from MBNA but the lowest was for 2% fee ...
unless its 1%, I won't take them ...
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 21, 2005
11958 posts
10876 upvotes
LOL808 wrote: I am still getting regular online offers from MBNA but the lowest was for 2% fee ...
unless its 1%, I won't take them ...
MBNA is only offer 0% + 1% fee for new application only. After the first BT, 3% fee is the norm after TD took over MBNA. Your 2% fee is better than anyone else. I am not saying that you should take the 2% fee offer. Continue to do new app + transfer CL + BT with the new card. Rinse and repeat.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $36 5GB, $12 250MB, 2x $6 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan with a free tablet,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone. Have a better and better day!
Newbie
Mar 22, 2020
1 posts
After you have been approved for a new CC, how long does it usually take to receive a BT offer? I've had CIBC Visa Aventura for 4 months, still nothing...
Deal Expert
User avatar
Apr 21, 2004
54063 posts
18990 upvotes
Got a third balance transfer offer on CIBC Dividend card with March end date and 2% BT fee.

First was 1% BT offer through January. Second was 2% through February.

Decision... Need to calculate cash flow and see whether to take 1st or 3rd offer.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2014
1460 posts
477 upvotes
Rouyn-Noranda
alanbrenton wrote: Got a third balance transfer offer on CIBC Dividend card with March end date and 2% BT fee.

First was 1% BT offer through January. Second was 2% through February.

Decision... Need to calculate cash flow and see whether to take 1st or 3rd offer.
Great, thanks for sharing!

My TD BT promo will be expiring in September --- hoping CIBC comes through with something by then.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Apr 21, 2004
54063 posts
18990 upvotes
I can here crickets in here. Have most of the banks stopped offering low fee BT offers?

The CIBC was the last my wife received.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

Tennoh