• Last Updated:
  • Nov 24th, 2020 1:23 am
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
11980 posts
10888 upvotes
alanbrenton wrote: I can here crickets in here. Have most of the banks stopped offering low fee BT offers?

The CIBC was the last my wife received.
Banks may be scared with the mortages and LoC payment deferrals from last couple months. cc BT may be the last thing in bankers' mind. Banks make money with loan interest payment. Without collecting interest payment and people saving in deposit accounts getting low, bank cannot issue more loan.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $36 5GB, $12 250MB, 2x $6 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan with a free tablet,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone. Have a better and better day!
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
54089 posts
19000 upvotes
I am just wondering if my wife will get another one with an April 2021 end date but maybe we should just cash in that BT cheque before CIBC changes its mind.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
11980 posts
10888 upvotes
alanbrenton wrote: I am just wondering if my wife will get another one with an April 2021 end date but maybe we should just cash in that BT cheque before CIBC changes its mind.
With my past experience with CIBC visa, CIBC continued to send my new offer first 10 days of every month if I ignore the offer. But make sure to check the expiry of accepting the offer.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $36 5GB, $12 250MB, 2x $6 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan with a free tablet,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone. Have a better and better day!
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
54089 posts
19000 upvotes
embguy wrote: With my past experience with CIBC visa, CIBC continued to send my new offer first 10 days of every month if I ignore the offer. But make sure to check the expiry of accepting the offer.
Good to know CIBC was or is more aggressive.

She has been accepting the last three offers online and requesting BT cheques, all within a month of each other.

We can hold off for now but will pay off a balance due June end.
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
12667 posts
3429 upvotes
Scarberia
is the PC WE card with BT of 0.97% for 6months the best out there for new apps? tia

2k BT from amex is gonna cost me 2116$ in 6months right? thx
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
13699 posts
11204 upvotes
Leask
mikka2017 wrote: is the PC WE card with BT of 0.97% for 6months the best out there for new apps? tia

2k BT from amex is gonna cost me 2116$ in 6months right? thx
short answer is yes. long answer is depends on cl, balance, churn cycle, etc. you'll pay closer to $10 in interest on that balance.
No solicitation in sigs
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
54089 posts
19000 upvotes
alanbrenton wrote: Good to know CIBC was or is more aggressive.

She has been accepting the last three offers online and requesting BT cheques, all within a month of each other.

We can hold off for now but will pay off a balance due June end.
Yay, just today, I got another 2% fee BT offer through to the end of April 2021 statement date. Offer popped up as I logged in.

Definitely going to be availing of this offer.
Dec 20, 2010
89 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto
Looks like the 0%/10 months/1% Fee/FYF is back on the CIBC Select Visa (50% of CL): https://www.cibc.com/en/personal-bankin ... -card.html

This balance transfer offer is only available at the time of your online application‡. Simply tick the checkbox to select the balance transfer option when you’re filling out your application
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
13699 posts
11204 upvotes
Leask
EddySaver wrote: Looks like the 0%/10 months/1% Fee/FYF is back on the CIBC Select Visa (50% of CL): https://www.cibc.com/en/personal-bankin ... -card.html

This balance transfer offer is only available at the time of your online application‡. Simply tick the checkbox to select the balance transfer option when you’re filling out your application
Finally!!! And that makes business sense IMO. It's a low interest card (with AF...whelp but FYF).

I wonder whether they'd allow that offer on PS.

I suppose can PS to Dividend card after the BT starts in order to save the hassle of AF after the BT? Thinking Face
No solicitation in sigs
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2014
1460 posts
477 upvotes
Rouyn-Noranda
EddySaver wrote: Looks like the 0%/10 months/1% Fee/FYF is back on the CIBC Select Visa (50% of CL): https://www.cibc.com/en/personal-bankin ... -card.html

titaniumtux wrote: Finally!!! And that makes business sense IMO. It's a low interest card (with AF...whelp but FYF).

I wonder whether they'd allow that offer on PS.

I suppose can PS to Dividend card after the BT starts in order to save the hassle of AF after the BT? Thinking Face
Do you know what's the experience of applying when you already have a CIBC card? Can they just switch over the CL like MBNA does?
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
13699 posts
11204 upvotes
Leask
John47 wrote: Do you know what's the experience of applying when you already have a CIBC card? Can they just switch over the CL like MBNA does?
no, since i'm new to cibc cc's myself.
No solicitation in sigs
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
54089 posts
19000 upvotes
John47 wrote: Do you know what's the experience of applying when you already have a CIBC card? Can they just switch over the CL like MBNA does?
Yes, been doing that for a long time John. :)

Sometimes better to have two products because my wife gets (not really) alternating BT offers.

I may apply for this CIBC once I need a BT haha.
Oct 11, 2005
793 posts
1526 upvotes
Airdrie, AB
You can divide up your total CL between your CIBC CCs easily, and shift the CL around without credit checks or scrutiny.

I had a long-time CIBC Visa (~30 years), and got a CIBC Tim Horton's DoubleDouble Visa in August 2016 without issue. Earlier this year, the THDD Visa was sunset and converted to a Dividend Visa, so I moved some of my existing/old Visa's $28K CL over to the ex-THDD Visa because they had a 4% CB promo on $5000 spend (my CL on the ex-THDD was only $2K). This allowed me to quickly spend $5000. After that, I called to cancel the ex-THDD Visa, and amalgamated its CL back onto my old Visa.

Nowadays, that's the main use of this Visa... BTs. I figure if I can get 1% BT fee and 10 months at 0%, I can carry my car loan for a few months and save lots on interest.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2014
1460 posts
477 upvotes
Rouyn-Noranda
titaniumtux wrote: no, since i'm new to cibc cc's myself.
alanbrenton wrote: Yes, been doing that for a long time John. :)

Sometimes better to have two products because my wife gets (not really) alternating BT offers.

I may apply for this CIBC once I need a BT haha.
CalgaryBen wrote: You can divide up your total CL between your CIBC CCs easily, and shift the CL around without credit checks or scrutiny.

I had a long-time CIBC Visa (~30 years), and got a CIBC Tim Horton's DoubleDouble Visa in August 2016 without issue. Earlier this year, the THDD Visa was sunset and converted to a Dividend Visa, so I moved some of my existing/old Visa's $28K CL over to the ex-THDD Visa because they had a 4% CB promo on $5000 spend (my CL on the ex-THDD was only $2K). This allowed me to quickly spend $5000. After that, I called to cancel the ex-THDD Visa, and amalgamated its CL back onto my old Visa.

Nowadays, that's the main use of this Visa... BTs. I figure if I can get 1% BT fee and 10 months at 0%, I can carry my car loan for a few months and save lots on interest.
Thanks for sharing, guys!

I have an issue I realized today :
- I have a TD credit card that I maxed out by doing a BT to another card;
- I noticed today that a one-time annual subscription purchase went through on that card;
- I wasn't expecting this at all, I didn't remember that I subscrived to this service and that I had registered this TD card.

Given that I now have a purchase on the card, does this jeopardize my promotional interest rate for the rest of my balance?
When I call in, can I expect csr to allow me to pay off the purchase and keep intact the BT promotional rate on the rest of the balance?
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
54089 posts
19000 upvotes
John47 wrote: Thanks for sharing, guys!

I have an issue I realized today :
- I have a TD credit card that I maxed out by doing a BT to another card;
- I noticed today that a one-time annual subscription purchase went through on that card;
- I wasn't expecting this at all, I didn't remember that I subscrived to this service and that I had registered this TD card.

Given that I now have a purchase on the card, does this jeopardize my promotional interest rate for the rest of my balance?
When I call in, can I expect csr to allow me to pay off the purchase and keep intact the BT promotional rate on the rest of the balance?
Usually the banks have a rule about prorating payments. Give TD a call to see what they can do about it.

Reversing the charge is best especially if you have enough time on the billing cycle. Talk to magazine to reverse the charge first.

Your promotional BT rate won't be affected but worst case, you will pay the max interest on that subscription, which should still be a pittance.