• Last Updated:
  • Mar 27th, 2024 6:08 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
AKery123 wrote: One more (potentially noob) question, as I have never used one before.
Utilization does matter when doing a BT right? and people do want to stay lower than 30%?
1. CC company does not let you to BT to max CL because you need to leave room for the BT fee.
2. If you have more than 1 cc, your credit utilization will be lower.
3. If you are not in the market for a mortgage, it does not matter for a short time.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
CalgaryBen wrote: Anybody get new offers (esp. CIBC Visa) for this month? Usually shows up by the 2nd of the month for me, but I didn't get any this month (which is a bit of a surprise, based on historical experience).

I'm not due to cycle to a new BT offer until Dec/Jan, but always like the regular cadence of offers, and would definitely consider another 0%/1%Fee BT to refresh early...
No new offer for October. My 6 months BT extension is due by Nov statement.

I received my current offer early September for up to 10 months due on July statement.
This 0% interest, 2% fee offer will be 3% for 8 months BT if I take it.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2014
1537 posts
512 upvotes
Rouyn-Noranda
embguy wrote: No new offer for October. My 6 months BT extension is due by Nov statement.

I received my current offer early September for up to 10 months due on July statement.
This 0% interest, 2% fee offer will be 3% for 8 months BT if I take it.
Was this a covid relief measure?
Have you tried having it extended again?
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2005
2379 posts
4561 upvotes
Airdrie, AB
CalgaryBen wrote: Anybody get new offers (esp. CIBC Visa) for this month? Usually shows up by the 2nd of the month for me, but I didn't get any this month (which is a bit of a surprise, based on historical experience).

I'm not due to cycle to a new BT offer until Dec/Jan, but always like the regular cadence of offers, and would definitely consider another 0%/1%Fee BT to refresh early...
November 2... good time for everyone with a CIBC Visa to check for new BT offers! None for me... guess I'll check in December.

I'm coming up on Statement #8 this month (of a 10 month BT), and usually around now they start presenting new offers (typically 2% BT fee -- which I'd likely decline until the 1% BT fee shows up).
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
I just login and no offer. My %2 fee offer is good until end of November. I may not get any new offer until next month.
Aug 5, 2007
962 posts
445 upvotes
Haven't received a CIBC offer since August now. Wonder if it's drying up for everyone now?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2009
6145 posts
3614 upvotes
Toronto
CalgaryBen wrote: November 2... good time for everyone with a CIBC Visa to check for new BT offers! None for me...
Might be a bit early. They still have not processed their online M/E statements yet.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2009
6145 posts
3614 upvotes
Toronto
mrelusive wrote: Haven't received a CIBC offer since August now. Wonder if it's drying up for everyone now?
I didn't have any offers when I logged in yesterday. I checked again just before posting - still no offers. Yet I was surprised to get my first offer ever by separate snail mail today.
0%/10month/1% fee good until January 2021 which is when my MBNA BT ends (Unless I messed that up by being late on a payment by 1 day).

On edit Nov 5: I also received an email today with a similar offer. The difference being actual BT fee was not stated in the email - only said to call for more details.
May 21, 2008
204 posts
170 upvotes
Surrey
New CIBC offer this morning 10 months, 1% transfer, 0% interest
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
gundamwingZero wrote: got one from rogers WE... 1.99% with 2% fee...
For how long? If it's for 12 months, then it's total 4% cost.
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2002
8187 posts
9554 upvotes
Vancouver
My offer from Rogers was 12 months, but @ 3.99% with 2% fee. No thanks!

As a valued cardholder, you're eligible to transfer your higher-interest credit card balances1 to your Rogers Bank Mastercard account ending in xxxx by January 31, 20212 and pay 3.99% interest on your balance transfer for 12 months. A 2% balance transfer fee applies

Ron.
100% Upvote to post ratio! :)
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2005
2379 posts
4561 upvotes
Airdrie, AB
I've historically received 3.99% or 1.99% balance transfer offers (with 2% fee) on my Rogers WE MC, so it was a surprise to wake up to a 0% balance transfer offer (2% fee, for 12 months) for the first time. Guess Rogers wants to up their game and play in the BT space! It's a decent offer, but I'll pass since Rogers is my everyday-use card, and I'm holding out for a 1% BT offer on CIBC Visa (which also has a higher limit).
RogersWEMCBT.jpg
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
CalgaryBen wrote: I've historically received 3.99% or 1.99% balance transfer offers (with 2% fee) on my Rogers WE MC, so it was a surprise to wake up to a 0% balance transfer offer (2% fee, for 12 months) for the first time. Guess Rogers wants to up their game and play in the BT space! It's a decent offer, but I'll pass since Rogers is my everyday-use card, and I'm holding out for a 1% BT offer on CIBC Visa (which also has a higher limit).

RogersWEMCBT.jpg
0%/12 months with 2% fee is quite alright. If the CL is high, then I'd do it.

Too bad you can't have two Rogers WE cards 🤣
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2005
2379 posts
4561 upvotes
Airdrie, AB
I rarely log into my MBNA account (drawer card), but did today, and see I have a 0.00% Balance Transfer offer, good until the last statement after November 2, 2021, up to the available credit limit. The deal killer (for me) is the 3.00% fee (minimum $7.50). But, for anyone looking for a BT, something similar might be waiting for you.

So at the moment, for me, I've got 0% offers from MBNA (3%) and Rogers (2%)... waiting for CIBC to show up with 0% and 1% fee... c'mon CIBC, show 'em how it's done...

(I have 2-3 cycles left of a 0%/10m BT with CIBC...)
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
9870 posts
1914 upvotes
TO
Apart from applying for I think was it the PCF card, which ones are sending or have all the time 1% BT fee offer?

I see MBNA has 3% in the latest statements, CIBC, I didn't get any offers at all (was able to call and find out but 3% BT fee, 0% apr for 10-12 months).

Case in point: I'm about to buy an item for 800-900 range and technically could pay off right next statement, but want to keep some cash on hand and don't mind doing a BT with 1% fee to a promo offer so I have 10-12 months to pay for the purchase.

The CIBC pace it is a good program but I want to charge it to my Cap1 Mastercard for the extended/warranty purchase and then BT it to other card.

Thanks
"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
TorontoEh wrote: Apart from applying for I think was it the PCF card, which ones are sending or have all the time 1% BT fee offer?

I see MBNA has 3% in the latest statements, CIBC, I didn't get any offers at all (was able to call and find out but 3% BT fee, 0% apr for 10-12 months).

Case in point: I'm about to buy an item for 800-900 range and technically could pay off right next statement, but want to keep some cash on hand and don't mind doing a BT with 1% fee to a promo offer so I have 10-12 months to pay for the purchase.

The CIBC pace it is a good program but I want to charge it to my Cap1 Mastercard for the extended/warranty purchase and then BT it to other card.

Thanks
Do you have any uLOC's? Unless you can leverage something with BT $$, just increasing cash float at low cost via BT is not my cup of tea. Gotta pay it off by deadline, etc. If you need to dip into a uLOC, that's the time to plan for a BT.

If you don't have any uLOC's, keep a cheesy savings account at every bank, and wait for pre-approvals.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
9870 posts
1914 upvotes
TO
titaniumtux wrote: Do you have any uLOC's? Unless you can leverage something with BT $$, just increasing cash float at low cost via BT is not my cup of tea. Gotta pay it off by deadline, etc. If you need to dip into a uLOC, that's the time to plan for a BT.

If you don't have any uLOC's, keep a cheesy savings account at every bank, and wait for pre-approvals.
Yes I do, Tangerine at 3.95 I think, but doing a BT with mbna with 1% (from the main OP, within 90 days of approval) isn't bad if I can transfer a 1k amount and pay monthly but I do see your point though.
"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)