Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2014
1464 posts
479 upvotes
Rouyn-Noranda
Received two offers in the mail today:

TD - 1.99% interest for 6m, no BT fee
CIBC - 0% interest for 10m, 2% BT fee

I have a big MBNA balance coming up for expiry in a few weeks, so this is convenient, but in reality it's not that convenient:
- from past experience, don't think I can BT from MBNA to TD given they're the same family
- I just did a CIBC BT for my entire available limit a few months ago, so I barely have any limit left.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2018
1296 posts
1058 upvotes
John47 wrote: Received two offers in the mail today:

I have a big MBNA balance coming up for expiry in a few weeks, so this is convenient, but in reality it's not that convenient:
- from past experience, don't think I can BT from MBNA to TD given they're the same family
- I just did a CIBC BT for my entire available limit a few months ago, so I barely have any limit left.
MBNA to TD is possible, just not directly. use another bank's LOC to transfer the money.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2014
1464 posts
479 upvotes
Rouyn-Noranda
terracotta92 wrote: MBNA to TD is possible, just not directly. use another bank's LOC to transfer the money.
Right, but it's the opposite for me --- I would need to get the money from TD cc to MBNA cc. I didn't write it clearly in my post.

Don't think I can transfer money from TD cc to a bank account.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
12090 posts
10998 upvotes
John47 wrote: Right, but it's the opposite for me --- I would need to get the money from TD cc to MBNA cc. I didn't write it clearly in my post.

If you have another cc other than TD and MBNA, you can BT to that spare cc. Withdraw money from the spare cc and pay the cash advance fee.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $36 5GB, $12 250MB, 2x $6 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan with a free tablet,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone. Have a better and better day!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2018
1296 posts
1058 upvotes
John47 wrote:
Right, but it's the opposite for me --- I would need to get the money from TD cc to MBNA cc. I didn't write it clearly in my post.

embguy wrote: If you have another cc other than TD and MBNA, you can BT to that spare cc. Withdraw money from the spare cc and pay the cash advance fee.
if you have a RBC CC and chequing, overpay the CC, go to the branch to do a reverse payment ("oh i mistakenly paid the wrong credit card that's why i need to get the money back"), then the money goes to your chequing account, no cash advance fee. not sure if it works with other banks that you have your chequing with.

another way is if you have a ScotiaLine Visa, pay that account, then bill pay MBNA. no cash advance fee too.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
8216 posts
1197 upvotes
TO
Got a sweet offer on my new AeroPesso card... 10 months 0% and 2% BT. Not sure but maybe good to bite as my MBNA balance renews in August but this is only avail till Feb28 i think.

CIBC doesn't send me offers, I gotta call them everytime but their offers are good.
Achieva Financial /KOHO / STACK (0% FX Fee) /Tangerine / EQ Bank member / I use Plastiq for paying bills with my CC

"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2018
1296 posts
1058 upvotes
received a ScotiaLine BT offer of 2.45% interest for 6 months, no fee of course since it's an LOC. it's the same with my Tang LOC of 2.45%, which means prime + 0.00%.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2012
1748 posts
2438 upvotes
Toronto
A few months ago I had a ScotiaLine BT offer of 1.99% for 6 months, expired Dec 31st. I didn't take them up on it, but it'll be interesting to see if I get a refreshed offer sometime soon.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2014
1464 posts
479 upvotes
Rouyn-Noranda
TorontoEh wrote: Got a sweet offer on my new AeroPesso card... 10 months 0% and 2% BT. Not sure but maybe good to bite as my MBNA balance renews in August but this is only avail till Feb28 i think.

CIBC doesn't send me offers, I gotta call them everytime but their offers are good.
What financial institution
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
8216 posts
1197 upvotes
TO
John47 wrote: What financial institution
TD
Achieva Financial /KOHO / STACK (0% FX Fee) /Tangerine / EQ Bank member / I use Plastiq for paying bills with my CC

"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
Aug 31, 2001
495 posts
41 upvotes
CIBC offered me 1% BT Fee 0% Interest for 10m ending 1/31/2021. I am a CIBC customer though. Only found out calling in to cancel the credit card.
Sometimes just need to call around?
John47 wrote: Received two offers in the mail today: