12 replies
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
16752 posts
3912 upvotes
Toronto
Fjr2005 wrote: not surprising
I am a little surprised Liza was let go. 16x9 I never watched, but Liza was hired at a time when a lot of the staff behind the scenes @ Global TV were former Breakfast Television employees.
Liza was supposed to be the ultimate run for the money competition and direct threat to City TV's Breakfast Television.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2004
1744 posts
231 upvotes
Mississauga
Pity. Preferred to watch her, other than that ditzy,snooty girl on Breakfast TV. Ditzy Dina.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
16752 posts
3912 upvotes
Toronto
redpattison wrote: Pity. Preferred to watch her, other than that ditzy,snooty girl on Breakfast TV. Ditzy Dina.
Jen was let go from City, and they kept Dina...how do you like that?? lol
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2008
3396 posts
634 upvotes
416 REAL T-D0T not 9…
redpattison wrote: Pity. Preferred to watch her, other than that ditzy,snooty girl on Breakfast TV. Ditzy Dina.
Can not stand her and Frank and Kevin. They are nothing more than corporate brainwashed mouthpieces for the sponsored corporation du jour. It is rather embarrassingly cheesy and hokey.
[Signature removed due to rule violation]
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2004
1744 posts
231 upvotes
Mississauga
playnicee1 wrote: Jen was let go from City, and they kept Dina...how do you like that?? lol
Mmmm. Yes, somebody at city has their head up their a##e. Perhaps that is why it is called, "S**ty. TV
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2004
1744 posts
231 upvotes
Mississauga
willdacanucker wrote: Can not stand her and Frank and Kevin. They are nothing more than corporate brainwashed mouthpieces for the sponsored corporation du jour. It is rather embarrassingly cheesy and hokey.
Here, here. Did you see Ditzy Dina at an awards show lost year? I think it was last year. What an idiot. Is she really one to represent Canadian TV? Changed channels as ASAP.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
16752 posts
3912 upvotes
Toronto
redpattison wrote: Mmmm. Yes, somebody at city has their head up their a##e. Perhaps that is why it is called, "S**ty. TV
It's been called that for a while now by many people I know, lol
Remember when Rogers thought they could be so smart, cut corners and get rid of week-end news?
CRTC (Canadian radio and television and telecommunications commission) has ruled that it is now illegal not to offer news and information 7 days a week.
Rogers Global and CTV can not cut corners now.
I like that. Week-end news must now air, and can not be cancelled.
(even though we can get our news anywhere these days, the TV has always been my personal favourite source, so I am very happy about this decision)
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
19597 posts
3601 upvotes
Toronto
I sense genuine hostility between her and Kevin at times. There have been a few instances I've seen where she seems close to yelling at him and he's had to pull this awkward deferential stance to maintain the 'shiny happy morning time' theme of the show.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2016
2390 posts
606 upvotes
Ontario
Piro21 wrote: I sense genuine hostility between her and Kevin at times. There have been a few instances I've seen where she seems close to yelling at him and he's had to pull this awkward deferential stance to maintain the 'shiny happy morning time' theme of the show.
I remember Liza and Kevin having pretty good chemistry. I can't stand BT anymore. I'm sure they are trying to find a way to force Kevin out and replace him with that weird robot looking guy who does the entertainment.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
16752 posts
3912 upvotes
Toronto
webshark wrote: I remember Liza and Kevin having pretty good chemistry. I can't stand BT anymore. I'm sure they are trying to find a way to force Kevin out and replace him with that weird robot looking guy who does the entertainment.
Many of the staff behind the scenes of Global morning are former BT staff. Not everyone knows this fact. Liza was supposed to help make Rogers/BT feel awful about letting her go.
Now Global lets her go? Oh well...
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2007
3706 posts
896 upvotes
GTA
webshark wrote: I remember Liza and Kevin having pretty good chemistry. I can't stand BT anymore. I'm sure they are trying to find a way to force Kevin out and replace him with that weird robot looking guy who does the entertainment.
Agreed. I was a long time viewer of BT even throughout school, but about four years ago I just couldn't take it anymore. I've since switched to Global and while there has been considerable turnover there, I enjoy the format and personalities better (except for Alan Carter whom I can't stand). I was never a fan of Liza so I don't mind that she's out, and I was also never a fan of Jennifer Peck/Valentyne so again, not upset she's out either.