Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Lavazza Espresso Crema $11.29

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 16th, 2020 6:13 pm
Jan 30, 2016
111 posts
29 upvotes
Westmount, QC
faisalk wrote:
based on my limited understanding of coffee, these aren't the highest in quality:
apparently if there are a lot of inconsistencies in bean size and colour it speaks to the overall quality of beans you're getting...not to mention these are probably roasted and packed months in advance so not the freshest either relative to local roasters.

last time i bought one of these from costco ($13.99) i saw all of the above in just one hand full of beans - different sizes and colours...and no bloom or gas release when brewed.... it's more obvious when you juxtapose with a more expensive bag of freshly roasted coffee.

that said though...a deal is a deal and these are good enough for my daily caffeine fix! Smiling Face With Open Mouth
It's too bad that there is such a big price difference between lavazza and third wave local roasters. I'd gladly pay 20-25/kg for good coffee, but for 25/kg you get stuff like Van Houtte, that's not significantly better than Lavazza.

For my cheap daily fix I buy Café Cimo Azzurro (mostly available around Montreal since it's roadted there), it's similar in quality to Lavazza but always $2,50/250g grounded or $10/kg for beans.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2003
1142 posts
288 upvotes
Markham
BernardRyder wrote: Oh geez wonder if its the same price in store, thanks for this
If you can find it in a warehouse it would be cheaper...I've gotten this for $10 in store many times.
Sandviper
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2003
5580 posts
7779 upvotes
Vancouver
LaurentD88313 wrote: Is it bad if used with a french press ? (coarse grind)
It's bad to use with anything. Lavazza coffees are very poor quality blends of cheapest coffee beans available. Thus the price....
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who gives up a little freedom to gain a little security, deserves neither and will lose both. (Benjamin Franklin)
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2015
2660 posts
3149 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ODoyleRulz wrote: Good espresso, I paid more at Costco :( Looks like the price is now $11.29 at Costco as well...
$11.29 at Costco.ca
Should be $2 cheaper in the warehouse
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17811 posts
5762 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
max011 wrote: It's bad to use with anything. Lavazza coffees are very poor quality blends of cheapest coffee beans available. Thus the price....
Then why buy this over PC brand or even Nabob Bold? All arabica.

I’m fan of PC gourmet, solid quality
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2017
1535 posts
1732 upvotes
Ontario
weedb0y wrote: Then why buy this over PC brand or even Nabob Bold? All arabica.

I agree the PC is very good, I’m experimenting with different beans and Lavazza grew on me eventually but took more effort than usual to dial in to my preference. Not an oily bean so people with automatics like it.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2003
5580 posts
7779 upvotes
Vancouver
weedb0y wrote: Then why buy this over PC brand or even Nabob Bold? All arabica.

Exactly....
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who gives up a little freedom to gain a little security, deserves neither and will lose both. (Benjamin Franklin)
Nov 23, 2011
435 posts
175 upvotes
North York
Purchased a couple for $8.99 at Business centre store on Eglinton east yesterday.
For me this brand is fine as I mix Baileys Irish Cream with mine for little extra kick.
Mar 18, 2008
550 posts
221 upvotes
faisalk wrote: based on my limited understanding of coffee, these aren't the highest in quality:
apparently if there are a lot of inconsistencies in bean size and colour it speaks to the overall quality of beans you're getting...not to mention these are probably roasted and packed months in advance so not the freshest either relative to local roasters.

last time i bought one of these from costco ($13.99) i saw all of the above in just one hand full of beans - different sizes and colours...and no bloom or gas release when brewed.... it's more obvious when you juxtapose with a more expensive bag of freshly roasted coffee.

that said though...a deal is a deal and these are good enough for my daily caffeine fix! Smiling Face With Open Mouth

Coffee blends contain beans from different regions, roasted at different levels, so that is what you are seeing.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2015
2670 posts
2789 upvotes
Montreal, QC
BernardRyder wrote: Oh geez wonder if its the same price in store, thanks for this
Should be cheaper in the warehouse, but dunno the exact price
Costco online price is included OLH and shipping fee
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2003
1142 posts
288 upvotes
Markham
Deal is dead
price is now $16.29 a bag
Sandviper
Mar 9, 2008
107 posts
52 upvotes
My last two bags of coffee from Amazon were Lavazza Rossa and then this Crema E Aroma. I think both are pretty decent, especially for the price. This Crema E Aroma is 70% robusta and 30% arabica, but somehow it still tastes pretty good. I believe the Rossa mix is inverse of that. I really don't care as long as the coffee tastes good. A lot of people will probably say this is weak if you're used to North American coffee. I was just in Italy this summer and had a ton of espresso and cappuccinos and these beans come very close to what I experienced at the coffee bars there. The high robusta content does make a ton of crema if you're into that kinda stuff. Either one, it tastes best extracted from an espresso machine. Here's a video clip I just took of my afternoon shot today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONzYRnCTmss