Lawn company TruGreen sprayed "organic herbicide" Fiesta on my lawn

• Last Updated:
  • May 1st, 2020 8:40 pm
[OP]
Jun 11, 2019
79 posts
9 upvotes

Lawn company TruGreen sprayed "organic herbicide" Fiesta on my lawn

Is this product even legal? I googled it online and the web says this product is not organic and that Health Canada has been ordering the stopping of these products. I'm not sure if they are harmful chemicals that belong to the old pesticides, but the lady on the phone told me wife that what they use is organic since it is illegal to spray chemicals on lawns now.

I want a refund and am not sure if they will give it, they sprayed once.

My wife insisted on getting a herbicide company to spray out lawn after complaints from the neighbor about weeds.

thanks
4 replies
Nov 17, 2014
935 posts
732 upvotes
Ontario
Tell your neighbour your lawn is better for the planet, because it is.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
8634 posts
9397 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
Feel bad for your wife.
"It is in times of great fear or greed that the most opportunity exists."
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2010
2724 posts
902 upvotes
Windsor
leafsnation98765 wrote: Is this product even legal? I googled it online and the web says this product is not organic and that Health Canada has been ordering the stopping of these products. I'm not sure if they are harmful chemicals that belong to the old pesticides, but the lady on the phone told me wife that what they use is organic since it is illegal to spray chemicals on lawns now.

I want a refund and am not sure if they will give it, they sprayed once.

My wife insisted on getting a herbicide company to spray out lawn after complaints from the neighbor about weeds.
I have about 20gal of that stuff that was leftover inside an IBC tank I bought from a lawn company; it absolutely is legal, which is why they're allowed to spray it. It's pretty ineffective compared to the older products though, so don't expect any visual impact on your weeds. It is "organic", though that term doesn't mean it's safe (despite what marketing teams have been pushing for some time). It smells nice though, they add eucalyptus to it to fool you into thinking it's "natural".

You seem to be confusing "organic" with "non-toxic"; organic stuff absolutely can harm you (gasoline is organic, for example, as is copper suphate, which is on organic veggies, and is absolutely toxic to humans); often organic pesticides are much worse for you than non-organic. The woman on the phone also doesn't seem to understand the terms "organic" and "chemical"; you obviously can legally spray chemicals on lawns, since they did it, with an organic chemical (of which nearly everything qualifies as, BTW).

So, is your concern that you're exposing yourself to "harmful chemicals"? If so, you likely are (depending on your definition of harmful), so just don't have them spray any more and let it dissipate into the lawn. You are not getting your money back; you signed a contract that they fulfilled (or that they will eventually fulfill), so that cash is gone. If they're going to come back for some followup sprayings, you could probably cancel those, but I doubt they'll refund you anything.
One who is offended by truth, has no place among those who seek wisdom.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
3739 posts
1075 upvotes
Oshawa
Luckily my lawns are beautiful. A lot of hard work.

When we moved in, our front lawn was a mess.

But using this really helped and I swear by it. Pour it straight and watch the weeds die in under an hour. It was a beautiful sight.

IMAG5341.jpg

Golf Courses do NOT use that useless environment friendly crap. That crap is useless on weeds even if you pour straight out of the jug. Waste of money. Waste of time.
16' x 11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling w/ a 65" Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers (FR+FL). Polk Audio S35 (Center). Klipsch R51M (RR+RL). Klipsch R14M (Dolby FHR+Dolby FHL). Polk Audio HTS10 Subwoofer x 2.