Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
15102 posts
3725 upvotes

Lawn mower blade sharpening

Looking for blade sharpening services for mower with home services around North York or Scar..

Any recommendation?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
6 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
2868 posts
1244 upvotes
Woodbridge
Learned it hard way that cost of new blades is almost equal to cost of sharpening it . HD may be a good place to start looking for new blades.
kiasu wrote: Looking for blade sharpening services for mower with home services around North York or Scar..

Any recommendation?
HVAC Professional. Committed to customer, not brand.
Furnace & Central AC Group Buy 2021
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
15102 posts
3725 upvotes
newlyborn wrote: Learned it hard way that cost of new blades is almost equal to cost of sharpening it . HD may be a good place to start looking for new blades.
You are right! Found the sane answer from another threads.

I will buy new one and replace
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Addict
Sep 21, 2011
1805 posts
512 upvotes
I'm not to sure if I do it properly but I just use my Mastercraft grinder and sharpen them, I sharpen a set of mulching blades and regular blades every year and they get super sharp .
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2015
1816 posts
657 upvotes
Elgin, ON
shawn01 wrote: I'm not to sure if I do it properly but I just use my Mastercraft grinder and sharpen them, I sharpen a set of mulching blades and regular blades every year and they get super sharp .
Yup, if you want to sharpen, DIY is the cheapest way. If you don't have a grinder, even a decent metal file will give you a sharp edge.

Your sharpening job does not need to be super straight. It's ok if the edge comes out a bit wavy. It just needs to be sharp.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2007
3801 posts
960 upvotes
GTA
If you do sharpen the blades yourself, just remember that it only needs to be butter knife sharp (typically that's how they come out of the box). I'm going to do mine in the next week or so. I thought about buying a replacement blade but the brand of my mower (Homelite) doesn't seem to exist in Canada anymore and I can't find a local supplier of the replacement blade.