• Dec 16th, 2019 1:15 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2018
1328 posts
824 upvotes
Toronto

Lawn Mower + recommendations

Anyone know when some good lawn mowers go on special and perhaps some recommendations? There are so many on the market! My family owned a Toro before and it was good (although expensive). I am not looking for an electric cause the charging is annoying...

Also in terms of maintenance, what are some best practices? I heard emptying out the fuel and oil at the end of the season is a good idea, but anything else? How often do you need to go to get the blade sharpened, etc?

Thanks!
2 replies
Dec 14, 2012
215 posts
82 upvotes
EDMONTON
I also need some recommandations. Looking for ones that are wireless and prefer electric.
I have seem some on sale at local RONA which are closing their stores in Jan 31 2020, but they had limited options.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2018
1328 posts
824 upvotes
Toronto
Some maintenance tips:
If you don't want to empty the fuel, you can always use fuel stabilizer/higher octane gas

Blades sharpening needs to be done when you see the cut is uneven, which also results in your lawn mower stopping because there is grass stuck in the under carriage.

Also replacing the filter when its dirty and cleaning the under carriage with a hose and the top to get rid of debris