• Aug 10th, 2021 10:42 am
Tags:
[OP]
May 22, 2015
374 posts
146 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Layout Issue - Firefox

I've been having issues with redflagdeals website layout on Firefox. When I checked on other browsers I don't have the issue. Any idea how to fix it? Been playing around with font size, and zoom, but doesn't seem to fix it.
Images
  • red.PNG
  • redf.PNG
8 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
25947 posts
10680 upvotes
Socially Distanced
Seems ok on my end, whats your zoom level?

Screenshot 2021-08-09 at 19-33-38 Layout Issue - Firefox - RedFlagDeals com Forums .png
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
16825 posts
32824 upvotes
Scarborough
goodhours wrote: I've been having issues with redflagdeals website layout on Firefox. When I checked on other browsers I don't have the issue. Any idea how to fix it? Been playing around with font size, and zoom, but doesn't seem to fix it.
What's your screen resolution set to? Also, do you have any add-ons in Firefox installed that might interfere with our sites layout? Does the problem also persist in a private browsing window?
Quentin5 wrote: Seems ok on my end, whats your zoom level?
Loads fine for me too in Firefox. Also, that's an impressive amount of unread notifications!
RFD Staff - Have a question? Send me a PM
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
25947 posts
10680 upvotes
Socially Distanced
TomRFD wrote: Loads fine for me too in Firefox. Also, that's an impressive amount of unread notifications!
I'm aiming for 10,000. For no reason other than i can.
But i have noticed the notifications expire after so long, not sure what the interval is.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
16825 posts
32824 upvotes
Scarborough
Quentin5 wrote: I'm aiming for 10,000. For no reason other than i can.
But i have noticed the notifications expire after so long, not sure what the interval is.
More power to you with that. Oh right, I remember not that long ago we had to tweak something with notifications due to the sheer amount of them causing some site performance issues. If you actually care to know more about that, shoot me a PM and I'll see what I can find out.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
25947 posts
10680 upvotes
Socially Distanced
TomRFD wrote: More power to you with that. Oh right, I remember not that long ago we had to tweak something with notifications due to the sheer amount of them causing some site performance issues. If you actually care to know more about that, shoot me a PM and I'll see what I can find out.
I have no real interest in them since i use the subscriptions page to see new posts so they just accumulate.
[OP]
May 22, 2015
374 posts
146 upvotes
Toronto, ON
TomRFD wrote: What's your screen resolution set to? Also, do you have any add-ons in Firefox installed that might interfere with our sites layout? Does the problem also persist in a private browsing window?

Loads fine for me too in Firefox. Also, that's an impressive amount of unread notifications!
120% zoom level but but doesn't fix the layout issue when changing it. I tried starting Firefox on safe mode without any add-ons active, but still have the same issue.

Monitor itself is 175% scale and 3840x2160 on 4k monitor - no issues when I use other browsers or on different website. Just on Redflagdeals. Weird
[OP]
May 22, 2015
374 posts
146 upvotes
Toronto, ON
goodhours wrote: 120% zoom level but but doesn't fix the layout issue when changing it. I tried starting Firefox on safe mode without any add-ons active, but still have the same issue.

Monitor itself is 175% scale and 3840x2160 on 4k monitor - no issues when I use other browsers or on different website. Just on Redflagdeals. Weird
Just reinstalled Firefox - issue resolved lol
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
16825 posts
32824 upvotes
Scarborough
goodhours wrote: Just reinstalled Firefox - issue resolved lol
Glad that fixed it for you! Maybe the old version wasn't up to date? Let me know if it starts happening again.