• May 11th, 2019 1:24 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2013
1101 posts
759 upvotes
Toronto
Gtaphotog wrote:
Mar 1st, 2019 8:29 pm
It also redirects you to LCBOs homepage after hitting the submit button.
That doesn't add any legitimacy to the website. Anybody could make a site that redirects.
Public Mobile
Tangerine
Sep 12, 2012
709 posts
474 upvotes
Toronto
RCML27 wrote:
Mar 2nd, 2019 1:42 am
Was going to fill out the survey, but when I got to the first page of the link, I saw the question as:

"Can you tell us when you were you born?"

So I passed. I would think a company would proofread their submissions before posting it. So would a large corporation make such an error in their grammar?
Or is this one of those scammers?
I'm assuming they ask this to make sure you are of age since it is a survey about the LCBO and the drinking age in Ontario is 19.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
1639 posts
559 upvotes
Site's down. Sure doesn't add to the legitimacy of it.
Dec 20, 2010
334 posts
194 upvotes
hamandcheese wrote:
Mar 2nd, 2019 9:11 am
I'm assuming they ask this to make sure you are of age since it is a survey about the LCBO and the drinking age in Ontario is 19.
Of course, but that is not related to OP's issue with the question
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2013
1101 posts
759 upvotes
Toronto
razrsharp wrote:
Mar 2nd, 2019 10:21 am
Site's down. Sure doesn't add to the legitimacy of it.
Offer's legit. The domain is owned by LCBO, you can check the WHOIS data.
Public Mobile
Tangerine
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2012
1833 posts
604 upvotes
Toronto
theflyingsquirrel wrote:
Mar 2nd, 2019 11:09 am
What can they do if they have your airmiles number?
THey cannot use your points.
ya, they could. if you dont lock your account. all you need is the number, put it in stocard, and go to Metro/SOBEYs etc. and redeem.

if you lock your account, they cant redeem, unless they happen to try when you unlock your account for that brief period when you yourself actually want to redeem.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
5197 posts
2128 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
geogolem wrote:
Mar 2nd, 2019 2:37 pm
ya, they could. if you dont lock your account. all you need is the number, put it in stocard, and go to Metro/SOBEYs etc. and redeem.

if you lock your account, they cant redeem, unless they happen to try when you unlock your account for that brief period when you yourself actually want to redeem.
How do you lock your account?
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2013
1101 posts
759 upvotes
Toronto
theflyingsquirrel wrote:
Mar 2nd, 2019 2:53 pm
You need to do it online. Your profile (in the top-right) > Lock Cash account
Public Mobile
Tangerine
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2012
1833 posts
604 upvotes
Toronto
theflyingsquirrel wrote:
Mar 2nd, 2019 2:53 pm
log in with your card number and PIN on the airmiles website or in the airmiles iphone/android app. You can lock/unlock the account there.

On the website it is in a drop down menu (under profile as mentioned in the post below), and in the app you have to go to account settings to find the toggle. When the account is locked, the card/number can only be used to earn points. When its unlocked it can also be used to redeem.

The idea is it adds a layer of security since in order to lock/unlock you need the PIN in addition to the card number. If you dont have it locked, all you need to spend the miles it the card number itself, which is not very secure considering you have to provide the number to earn points at some stores or in these surveys etc.

Pc optimum also has a similar feature which they added after a data breach where ppl had there numbers and subsequently there points stolen.

Unfortunately Scene still does not have such a mechanism which most certainly is asking for trouble.
Apr 23, 2008
902 posts
120 upvotes
Thanks OP, did for 2 cards
Feb 6, 2013
547 posts
524 upvotes
Toronto
In providing your Air Miles number, you are allowing the LCBO to link your survey answers to your LCBO purchase transactions.
It's possible it will also check if you actually did make a purchase at the LCBO in the first place...
Maybe won't get AM since I didn't buy anything in the last 10 days...