Hot Deals

[LCBO] Air Miles cash miles now good towards LCBO eVouchers (ON)

• Last Updated:
  • May 16th, 2019 3:27 pm
[OP]
Jul 28, 2013
37 posts
25 upvotes
Mississauga

[LCBO] Air Miles cash miles now good towards LCBO eVouchers (ON)

Just received an email from Airmiles. Now you can buy LCBO eVouchers in increments of $10 and use them to pay for most products at your local LCBO store. I ordered 3 vouchers. Each is worth the standard 95 airmiles. Vouchers arrived instantly in my airmiles rewards account and seconds later by email. They can be either printed out or used directly from a phone screen.

How to use:
Present your AIR MILES eVoucher at checkout at LCBO Retail Stores to get increments of $10 towards your purchase. Not valid at Agency store locations. Cannot be redeemed on the LCBO Website or in the LCBO Mobile App.

NOTE FOR MOBILE USERS: If you are using eVouchers directly from your phone, adjust your screen to maximum brightness so that the barcode can be read by the scanner.

Full value of the eVoucher must be used in a single transaction at an LCBO Retail Store (i.e., no balance will remain on the eVoucher, nor will any cash (change) be provided to Customers for any difference between the value of the eVoucher and the purchase price of LCBO products).
Last edited by TomRFD on May 15th, 2019 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated title
33 replies
Mar 23, 2009
409 posts
156 upvotes
Toronto
Cool, thanks OP... Time to get drunk off Airmiles!!! Face With Tears Of Joy
Aug 22, 2009
148 posts
68 upvotes
Finally! I've been redeeming my miles at IGA in Gatineau to get free beer. Although this is easier for me sometimes, and I never have anything to use these things on.

Thanks OP :)
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
6963 posts
3071 upvotes
ON
PTMBAA wrote:
May 15th, 2019 8:50 pm
Why is this a hot deal?
Buying alcohol with Airmiles makes cash miles more versatile and useful. Folks can now use them for gas, food and alcohol. If they could be used for rent the circle would be complete.
Hot or not, it's worth telling folks about it ASAP.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
7559 posts
666 upvotes
8 minutes from Vanco…
PTMBAA wrote: Why is this a hot deal?
Although you are correct this isn’t hot. One should wait for some sort of spend 95 miles get 25 miles or similar promo. The diff is you gotta do that at metro where the products are over priced (us rfd know how to get around that)

She’ll isn’t bad either but if your getting gas cheaper elsewhere

Or for promos during shop the block and similar.

This is perfect for the people that whine how air miles is a scam and they don’t know what cash and dream miles are

Thanks for posting op
Did I post something that interests you? Feel free to PM further questions.
Sep 21, 2008
415 posts
327 upvotes
Great for some folks!

1. Using air miles cash at Rexall is a bit low in "bang-for-your-buck" much of the time (cheaper pharmacy items elsewhere *most* of the time..though they often have some decent sales and YMMV clearance sales...not to mention good Bonus Air Miles deals)
2. Same with groceries at Metro - many of us RFD'ers prefer cheaper supermarkets
3. If you have a car, Shell was always a great way to use your miles, as most gas stations are priced equally with local competitors..but for those without cars who like to drink, I'd call this the best place to shop, as you can't get liquor anywhere eles!

My two cents :D
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
8070 posts
2379 upvotes
Toronto
buriboi wrote:
May 15th, 2019 11:55 pm
for those without cars who like to drink, I'd call this the best place to shop, as you can't get liquor anywhere eles!
Of course you can get liquor elsewhere. In On, many supermarkets now sell liquor. There are also many wine retailers with their own stores (e.g. Magnotta with at least 7 stores), and wine rack stores (they're all over).
Sep 21, 2008
415 posts
327 upvotes
Where can you get liquor other than LCBO? I know you can get it from the actual distilleries, but no other retailers that I know of. (maybe it's cuz i'm not from GTA?)

Otherwise, yes - you can get beer and wine at various retailers, but that's not liquor - liquor generally means spirits - i.e. rum, tequilla, whiskey, etc...
Arrgh wrote:
May 16th, 2019 12:00 am
Of course you can get liquor elsewhere. In On, many supermarkets now sell liquor. There are also many wine retailers with their own stores (e.g. Magnotta with at least 7 stores), and wine rack stores (they're all over).
Mar 7, 2006
373 posts
143 upvotes
buriboi wrote:
May 16th, 2019 1:04 am
Otherwise, yes - you can get beer and wine at various retailers, but that's not liquor - liquor generally means spirits - i.e. rum, tequilla, whiskey, etc...
Has anyone redeemed air miles at grocery stores that sell alcohol, like sobeys? Wondering if that is allowed. Air miles for alcohol is awesome in my books, especially when my wine never goes on sale!
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
41874 posts
2706 upvotes
Richmond Hill
ghu wrote:
May 16th, 2019 7:48 am
Has anyone redeemed air miles at grocery stores that sell alcohol, like sobeys? Wondering if that is allowed. Air miles for alcohol is awesome in my books, especially when my wine never goes on sale!
My understanding is that by policy it is not allowed but the register will take it if you go with a cashier that doesn’t know better.
***Brand New Apple TV 4th Gen 64GB ONLY $220!!***
Silver Coins | Apple TV 4th Gen 64GB | Philips Wake-Up Light with Radio
Heatware | RFD Feedback
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
1531 posts
855 upvotes
Man I'm max sad, turns out all my Airmiles are normal airmiles. I could have had $120 worth of scotch if it was the other way around....
RFD is love. RFD is life. I wish I had an RFDer for a wife.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
6963 posts
3071 upvotes
ON
LoANeal wrote:
May 16th, 2019 8:16 am
Man I'm max sad, turns out all my Airmiles are normal airmiles. I could have had $120 worth of scotch if it was the other way around....
By normal you mean "shattered dream miles" ? Lol...
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
6963 posts
3071 upvotes
ON
coopercold wrote:
May 16th, 2019 8:22 am
I dunno why, but free booze tastes so much better. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
It's the mixing of endorphins from getting a deal and the euphoria induced by alcohol consumption that puts you in a state of :