Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
LCBO

Alberta Premium Cask Strength Rye in stock (750 mL) - $69.95

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 28th, 2021 10:07 am
17 replies
Dec 2, 2019
178 posts
117 upvotes
Price is up I see. Good rye though. Maybe not worth the hype but very flavourful and heavy
Sep 27, 2019
150 posts
270 upvotes
This is the one that won whisky of the year... Wish I could try it. Made in Alberta but can't even buy it in this province: (. Enjoy though rest of Canada!
Mar 30, 2019
103 posts
140 upvotes
Thanks OP, been looking for a bottle for a while now. I've heard alot of positive reviews about it
Nov 21, 2006
79 posts
47 upvotes
Dirtypoodle wrote: This is the one that won whisky of the year... Wish I could try it. Made in Alberta but can't even buy it in this province: (. Enjoy though rest of Canada!
I think the winning one is 2021 unfortunatelgy
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
8457 posts
4458 upvotes
Canuckland
swlpong wrote: I think the winning one is 2021 unfortunatelgy
Same thing just different batch
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2008
2034 posts
2980 upvotes
Airdrie
Dirtypoodle wrote: This is the one that won whisky of the year... Wish I could try it. Made in Alberta but can't even buy it in this province: (. Enjoy though rest of Canada!
Craft cellars in calgary gets small amounts of stock of batch 2 every now and then. If you sign up for their emails check them fast and you could probably grab a bottle. Shipping across AB (and maybe beyond).

I picked up a bottle of batch 1 before it was cool, nice stuff. Was able to get a bottle of batch 2 from craft cellars not too long ago. Price has gone up about $10 from the initial release which isn't too bad considering kijiji and stores in the states are selling them for $400+.

Reviews are similar, batch 2 is reportedly missing some fruit notes.

I think the only way to tell the difference by looking at the bottle is batch 1 was 65.1% abv and batch 2 is 66% abv. Otherwise the labels are identical.
Deal Guru
Jun 18, 2012
10889 posts
5430 upvotes
Toronto
DealCanuck wrote: Same thing just different batch
i'm curious... it could make all the difference if they're different
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2018
1461 posts
2055 upvotes
Mickey rourkes futon
Im drunk off this shite right now, gets ya hammered. Recommend it.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 18, 2010
5954 posts
1588 upvotes
Toronto
To buy or not to buy. That is the question
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3689 posts
4303 upvotes
Jim Murray lost all credibility with whiskey lovers years ago with that abysmal Crown Royal pick...even dilettantes could see how wrong he was. The Alberta one is much better but still nowhere near top 10 ryes
For Sale:
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
48988 posts
10269 upvotes
Richmond Hill
mcwilly wrote: Craft cellars in calgary gets small amounts of stock of batch 2 every now and then. If you sign up for their emails check them fast and you could probably grab a bottle. Shipping across AB (and maybe beyond).

I picked up a bottle of batch 1 before it was cool, nice stuff. Was able to get a bottle of batch 2 from craft cellars not too long ago. Price has gone up about $10 from the initial release which isn't too bad considering kijiji and stores in the states are selling them for $400+.

Reviews are similar, batch 2 is reportedly missing some fruit notes.

I think the only way to tell the difference by looking at the bottle is batch 1 was 65.1% abv and batch 2 is 66% abv. Otherwise the labels are identical.
Where can I sell mine for $400+? I don't think I like it THAT much.. lol.
Tons of things for sale!
Silver Coins and Numismatics | Heatware
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2008
2034 posts
2980 upvotes
Airdrie
Jon Lai wrote: Where can I sell mine for $400+? I don't think I like it THAT much.. lol.
I think it's past that point now, quick kijiji search only comes up with one ad of a fellow in Alberta looking for a bottle of 1st batch willing to pay $250. Keep in mind it has to be unopened to have any value, and probably with the box.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
48988 posts
10269 upvotes
Richmond Hill
mcwilly wrote: I think it's past that point now, quick kijiji search only comes up with one ad of a fellow in Alberta looking for a bottle of 1st batch willing to pay $250. Keep in mind it has to be unopened to have any value, and probably with the box.
I haven't opened mine yet, still have the box. :D Bought it for the hype only, lol.
Tons of things for sale!
Silver Coins and Numismatics | Heatware
Deal Addict
May 11, 2004
3782 posts
2774 upvotes
Airdrie
I stumbled across a few bottles on the shelf at Airdrie Superstore some months ago. Should have bought more than one. It's very nice.
"Success is the happy feeling you get between the time you do something and the time you tell a woman what you did." -Dilbert
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2009
6028 posts
1390 upvotes
Toronto
Don't forget that "lots" of Lot 40 Dark Oak is also rolling out. I'm passing on this release as I still have a few 2019 left.

Funny how all the Diageo scotch FOMO releases also made it out last week.
Remember to be an RFD-er and NOT a degenerate.