• Last Updated:
  • Jul 19th, 2014 4:03 pm
[OP]
Apr 6, 2013
87 posts
13 upvotes

LCBO complaints process question

Guys, has anyone worked in LCBO?

I would like to understand how the complaints against cashiers process works. I had an unpleasant situation, and I would like to make my complaint count.

I understand if I simply call up the supervisor, he will just discard my complaint and carry on business as normal - they protect their own.

Is there a better way? Has anyone successfully gotten an apology from LCBO Canada?

EDIT - I called up the supervisor, he apologized to me and said he will speak to the cashier.

Case closed.
Sep 18, 2009
5017 posts
547 upvotes
Southwestern Ontario
What happened?

Packard
Ask the man who owns one!
May 29, 2008
516 posts
286 upvotes
Let it go man. You're overreacting
[OP]
Apr 6, 2013
87 posts
13 upvotes
jayt90 wrote: What happened?
Cashier took my drivers license, looked at it, said i look too young, refused to sell me my beer and wine. Im 29, dressed properly and with my wife - pretty ridiculous to question my drivers license. But its not what she said, its how she said it - with mocking attitude, like I was some 15-year old punk. In front my wife.

I got pissed, went got my passport, came back, she looked at it and said she will refuse to serve me regardless for 'attitude' and threatened to call security.

If these fat- ***** trailertrash cashiers (yes I'm being rude but that's exactly what she is) are not put in their place, pretty soon we will have service like in former Soviet Union - and that is not a good thing.

The problem is, they arent really accountable to anyone - LCBO is unionized, so employees cant be disciplined. Manager wont bother most likely - its easier to just ignore the complaint then to mess with unions.

That is why im looking at how to file a complaint in such a way that it wont get discarded. Im looking to get an apology. I just dont know internal mechanisms of LCBO.

This is at Empress Walk LCBO at Yonge St., Toronto, ON. Not the first time me and my wife had problems there with rudeness, but never to this extent. Something must be done.
Apr 6, 2013
87 posts
13 upvotes
gouki556 wrote: Let it go man. You're overreacting
Yeah that's what my friends tell me too. But if nobody does anything, then rudeness will continue to propagate...
Dec 3, 2009
5722 posts
1049 upvotes
Toronto
I agree you're wasting your time. You went home and got your passport, after a scene was made? Why didn't t you just go to the next one if you live in Toronto, these stores are everywhere. I could understand more if it was a small town and you need the access.
Remember to be an RFD-er and NOT a degenerate.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2006
6836 posts
733 upvotes
Toronto
You're mad because someone spoke to you in perhaps a condescending way? Take a deep breath and move on with life. What would you want the LCBO to do anyways?
I Declare - The official guide to your Customs exemptions and item restrictions when returning to Canada from abroad.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
9514 posts
4105 upvotes
Toronto
VladK02 wrote: Guys, has anyone worked in LCBO?

I would like to understand how the complaints against cashiers process works. I had an unpleasant situation, and I would like to make my complaint count.

I understand if I simply call up the supervisor, he will just discard my complaint and carry on business as normal - they protect their own.

Is there a better way? Has anyone successfully gotten an apology from LCBO Canada?
Email headquarters or contact "I'm on your side" Pat Foran...

Or if this happened again.. make a big scene!
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2006
4428 posts
1005 upvotes
VladK02 wrote: Cashier took my drivers license, looked at it, said i look too young, refused to sell me my beer and wine.
This doesn't make sense. Your license proved your age. What was the real reason that the person wouldn't go through with the sale?
VladK02 wrote: If these fat- ***** trailertrash cashiers (yes I'm being rude but that's exactly what she is).
You being a jerk isn't helping your case. I dare you to repeat this line in your complaint to the LCBO. You won't take the cashier seriously because of what she said, and neither can people take you seriously for what you said here.
VladK02 wrote: The problem is, they arent really accountable to anyone - LCBO is unionized, so employees cant be disciplined.
Not true. Employees can be disciplined. I don't know why you didn't ask for a supervisor/manager at the time of the incident.
VladK02 wrote: Im looking to get an apology.
Objectively and realistically, what is an apology going to do?

God forbid that anyone online talk to you in a condescending way (like in this thread). You might sue them!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2011
6337 posts
1498 upvotes
Wow, you must look really young at 29.

The most I ever got was being asked for a second piece of ID. Driver's license + Passport let me buy. Then paypass on my credit card magically wouldn't work, so the machine made me put my PIN in. I'm kinda jealous.
[OP]
Apr 6, 2013
87 posts
13 upvotes
Mulder and Scully wrote: This doesn't make sense. Your license proved your age. What was the real reason that the person wouldn't go through with the sale?
The real reason my wife told me later is base female jealousy towards my wife. My wife is attractive and skinny, and dressed expensively, and this cashier was the opposite, and probably unsatisfied in bed too. So, she decided to make not really my, but my wife's day difficult, by humiliating the husband.

It happens with women sometimes, I have seen it once or twice now that i think of it.
Apr 6, 2013
87 posts
13 upvotes
peanutz wrote: Wow, you must look really young at 29.
I do, yes, but not that young. I look like 22-ish. How I was born, cant help it.
Apr 6, 2013
87 posts
13 upvotes
Mulder and Scully wrote: Objectively and realistically, what is an apology going to do?

God forbid that anyone online talk to you in a condescending way (like in this thread). You might sue them!
Apology is going to make me happy, simple as that. And funny you should say 'sue them'. A year ago I got into similar situation with Sunwing - they put us in a different hotel - and everyone said its my fault, Sunwing isnt going to do anything, etc. etc. But guess what? I DID sue Sunwing, and I did get an apology, and my money back, in the end. It only took 3/4 of a year.

But i dont think I can sue LCBO. Would be nice if I had grounds, but a simple spat with a cashier doesn't qualify.
Nov 6, 2010
8955 posts
1163 upvotes
Montreal, QC
If all you wanted was an apology (and service), you should've requested the manager on the spot. Usually if the boss comes along and the customer is there, the boss tends to take your side (if you're not asking for something unreasonable) and the employee will comply.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2009
5955 posts
1784 upvotes
Montreal
VladK02 wrote: The real reason my wife told me later is base female jealousy towards my wife. My wife is attractive and skinny, and dressed expensively, and this cashier was the opposite, and probably unsatisfied in bed too. So, she decided to make not really my, but my wife's day difficult, by humiliating the husband.

It happens with women sometimes, I have seen it once or twice now that i think of it.
Holy crap, dude. With an attitude like that, there's clearly more to the story then you're letting on. Did you forget the mention the part where you strutted up to the cash and invited to cashier to join you for a threesome or something?

Both you and your wife should probably stop interacting with society as a whole.