Expired Hot Deals

[LCBO] A couple of whisky deals (ON only)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 11th, 2018 7:51 pm
[OP]
Dec 4, 2005
421 posts
215 upvotes
Mississauga

[LCBO] A couple of whisky deals (ON only)

A couple of whisky deals:

Stalk & Barrel #Canada150: $31.45, was $45.20, ~$14 off, http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo/product/stalk- ... 7qILmhKj0M
Angus Dundee Tomintoul Miniature Tri Pack: $28.00, was $40, ~$12 off, http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo/product/produc ... 7qJBGhKj0M

Reviews are not bad, especially for Stalk & Barrel, but I haven't tried, maybe somebody can share experience.
Last edited by ipopov on Oct 7th, 2018 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
5 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2002
5278 posts
5300 upvotes
Toronto
ipopov wrote:
Oct 7th, 2018 6:42 pm
Reviews are not bad, especially for Stalk & Barrel, but I haven't tried, maybe somebody can share experience.
It's meh... Slightly over-sweetened and a bit of sour apple taste to it. I got it last time it was on LCBO sale and based on my personal preference, won't get it again. It's fine for $30-40/bottle though.
Revolutionary times must on occasion make do with considerable abridgements in order to accentuate the political line more strongly.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2006
2299 posts
2013 upvotes
Toronto
I bought a bottle of the Stalk & Barrel when it was on liquery a couple of weeks ago. It's Canadian whisky matured in corn whiskey barrels. Very, very light taste so you can taste the corn (not necessarily a bad thing - just a thing) I'd suggest mixing, not drinking straight. It IS 50% alcohol so at $31 if you want to (as we used to say at the LCBO) "drink for effect" aka get drunk quick or cheap this would be for you.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
1531 posts
858 upvotes
I didn't mind the red stalk and barrel, so I'll give the 150 a shot. Bought 2 online for store shipping.

@Gaphys - How is that scotch? At that price range I usually go for Naked Grouse but I'm always looking to try decent things
RFD is love. RFD is life. I wish I had an RFDer for a wife.