Hot Deals

LCBO

Eagle Rare 10 Year Old Kentucky Straight Bourbon (1 Bottle Limit) ($59.95)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 27th, 2023 6:09 pm
[OP]
Jul 10, 2021
12 posts
96 upvotes

[LCBO] Eagle Rare 10 Year Old Kentucky Straight Bourbon (1 Bottle Limit) ($59.95)

Not necessarily a Hot Deal, but some LCBO locations finally have stock of this rare find. Generally a very well reviewed bourbon that is relatively affordable.

YMMV, but you can online order and pickup at your nearest location which may have stock.
52 replies
Sep 3, 2016
248 posts
159 upvotes
Overrated, I liked Weller better and it was 2/3 the price. Not big on Buffalo Trace though, if you are then you’ll likely enjoy this.
Last edited by Zimtron on Jan 25th, 2023 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 23, 2010
518 posts
261 upvotes
Hamilton
Waiting for the RFD whiskey aficionados to pour in.
Jun 6, 2007
111 posts
83 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP! We got one in Oakville (3rd line and Rebecca). The dorval north service store was sold out.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2004
2632 posts
2880 upvotes
Oakville
Zimtron wrote: Overrated, I liked Weller better and it was 2/3 the price. Not big on Buffalo Trace though, if you are then you’ll likely enjoy this.
I prefer 107, but SR (which I'm assuming you're referring to since that's the one that's 2/3 the price) is much worse IMO

Thanks OP - grabbed another bottle
Dec 28, 2017
85 posts
127 upvotes
Thanks OP - Ordered one for pickup in Windsor.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 12, 2007
8087 posts
6680 upvotes
Ottawa
Love the stuff but it's not worth the hour's round trip to the closest store (to me) that has stock. Plus, I still have 3/4 of the bottle I bought last May.

Thanks OP. Next time, though, remember that the correct protocol is to DM me before posting a thread.

Kidding...
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
3555 posts
2710 upvotes
Thanks, never tried this before and bourbon is my jam at the moment. Trying one for ISPU.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2017
1100 posts
1203 upvotes
Ontario
In for 1, prefer mid to higher end scotch. Hopefully it's smooth and doesn't burn too bad. Guess can always chill it or add an ice cube to knock it down. Not a huge fan of Buffalo Trace, so guessing I may not like this either. I do like to have at least 1-2 bourbons on hand for my closest friends/family.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2007
1560 posts
540 upvotes
Missed it last time it was available but got one today waiting for ISPU. Even got the email telling me it's ready, so for once it looks like it wasn't phantom stock or claimed by employees.

Thanks!
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2014
1008 posts
711 upvotes
Kingston, ON
rcheung13 wrote: Weird
Out of stock for online purchase but can buy at stores that have it. Not weird.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 12, 2007
8087 posts
6680 upvotes
Ottawa
QN5252 wrote: Out of stock for online purchase but can buy at stores that have it. Not weird.
That's the message I'm getting. Super weird.

I figured it out. I selected another LCBO outlet as my preferred store and I was able to order one bottle to be delivered to that store.

IOW, keep trying.

Thanks again OP. This is a very decent bourbon.
Apr 20, 2021
500 posts
698 upvotes
ODoyleRulz wrote: In for 1, prefer mid to higher end scotch. Hopefully it's smooth and doesn't burn too bad. Guess can always chill it or add an ice cube to knock it down. Not a huge fan of Buffalo Trace, so guessing I may not like this either. I do like to have at least 1-2 bourbons on hand for my closest friends/family.
It doesn't burn, but don't expect it to have the complexity of good Scotch.
Mar 30, 2013
421 posts
228 upvotes
Petawawa
Thanks OP.
I rarely buy from the LCBO so do not step foot very often (have friends in Alberta). What a sticker shock at prices of Scotch. Spoke to the buyer at the store and he anticipates Laga 16 to go up another $10 in a few months. It's already at $175 in Ontario! Interestingly, bourbon is more expensive or on par with Ontario. What is the reasoning for the inflation on liquor? Supply chain seems to be the answer for everything now.

Eagle 10 is a decent bottle but it would not be my go to. Weller S.R. is the sweet spot at $40. Or was $40. No clue anymore.