• Sep 3rd, 2022 9:53 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Nov 16, 2010
33 posts
41 upvotes

[LCBO] Free Bluetooth Speaker with Heineken 6 Can Pack

At my local LCBO at Yonge/Wellesley, Toronto.
Speakers look identical to last year promotion with Sapporo 6 pack.

Quality not that great, but free.
Images
  • upload.jpg
  • upload.jpg
32 replies
May 20, 2019
205 posts
271 upvotes
Toronto
Micro USB :facepalm:
...what is life if not Jr. Chicken with free tomatoes...
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
2512 posts
5566 upvotes
Vancouver
mellowsingh wrote: Micro USB :facepalm:
Bruh it's a free speaker, what are you expecting for the price of a 6 pack?
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2010
1345 posts
694 upvotes
Somewhere in Ontario
Nice e-waste.
Apr 2, 2018
420 posts
3315 upvotes
Good, Will pick one just in case if Staples will come up with any deal get any portable speaker and get $$ off on Bose Grinning Face
May 20, 2019
205 posts
271 upvotes
Toronto
danascully wrote: Bruh it's a free speaker, what are you expecting for the price of a 6 pack?
...expecting a good beer!
...what is life if not Jr. Chicken with free tomatoes...
May 18, 2018
709 posts
720 upvotes
Honestly I'd rather they give me 2 extra bottles of beer instead of this garbage.
May 13, 2009
359 posts
502 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Does it have a microphone? It won't kill the deal for me, but just curious. I actually need a bluetooth speaker to connect to my work laptop for better sound for work meetings. Not planning to play any "HD audio", just for calls.

EDIT: May just pick up this cheap thing: https://www.staples.ca/products/2839188 ... od-speaker. Cheaper than the 6 pack and I can return it if it's terrible.
Last edited by juniorkid on Aug 15th, 2022 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2006
1824 posts
440 upvotes
gta
Perfect for outdoor , if it gets wet who cares.
No links or solicitations through sigs
Nov 10, 2020
25 posts
35 upvotes
"What is this garbage? We were expecting free Bose speakers from a 6 pack of beer" 🤣
Nov 26, 2018
390 posts
382 upvotes
yup, same model as the sapporo one i have. sound is garbage, but it has an FM tuner as well. worked fine streaming music during golf :)
Oct 17, 2004
789 posts
437 upvotes
Toronto
The LCBO has a minimum purchase of 2 Heineken 6 Packs to get this speaker for free.
At least that was the case at my local store.

So cost is $40 since each one is $19.99.

Using it now, it seems to be the size of a phone so pretty compact but not sure how it will perform long term.
I'm too poor to buy crap
Oct 11, 2011
109 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto
It had me at "FM tuner"(assuming its rechargeable through USB). How do I know which store has stock? Unless it guarantees a speaker as long as there's a 6-bottle Heineken. Or do I just have to drive around and try my luck?
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2008
1901 posts
1766 upvotes
mellowsingh wrote: Micro USB :facepalm:
If it was USB-C I'd get one just for the cable. I have tons of Micro cables floating around
Jul 26, 2021
22 posts
75 upvotes
I wonder how much louder is it compare to iPhone speakers
Oct 11, 2011
109 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto
godzilla7 wrote: I wonder how much louder is it compare to iPhone speakers
Got one today. Its definitely louder than the iPhone speaker but more like a mono sound. Couldn't get the Radio to work. I presumed the > key will auto search for stations but it only comes back with the static sound. The user manual is rubbish and doesn't even cover this. Anyone got it to work?
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2006
1359 posts
679 upvotes
Markham
The included cable (if it comes with one) acts as an antenna for a speaker like this, so you will need to plug that in for reception.
diegozhuca wrote: Got one today. Its definitely louder than the iPhone speaker but more like a mono sound. Couldn't get the Radio to work. I presumed the > key will auto search for stations but it only comes back with the static sound. The user manual is rubbish and doesn't even cover this. Anyone got it to work?
Oct 11, 2011
109 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto
theastroboy wrote: The included cable (if it comes with one) acts as an antenna for a speaker like this, so you will need to plug that in for reception.
that fixed it! cheers!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)