Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
LCBO

holiday promotions

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 10th, 2014 1:18 am
Tags:
95 replies
Oct 6, 2009
165 posts
32 upvotes
How generous of our LCBO overlords to offer us such gratuitous savings! /s

I find it rediculous that they feel the need to advertise a ~2% savings, I save more than that using my cash back credit card lol.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2009
2233 posts
1021 upvotes
raidawg2 wrote: How generous of our LCBO overlords to offer us such gratuitous savings! /s

I find it rediculous that they feel the need to advertise a ~2% savings, I save more than that using my cash back credit card lol.
Ah, the perks of having no competition
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
2931 posts
1523 upvotes
North York
raidawg2 wrote: How generous of our LCBO overlords to offer us such gratuitous savings! /s

Pretty sure it's just the need to allow advertising and promotions from manufacturers and distributors while keeping the price artificially high.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2005
2088 posts
122 upvotes
Man, that Johnnie Walker Black Label is like $18-20 in Tokyo :( I am aware this doesn't help anyone, just pointing out how crazy the pricing is... sad panda
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2012
5437 posts
4855 upvotes
Toronto
Smirnoff double black is a gimmick or is it better than regular?
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2003
3733 posts
2064 upvotes
How dare you!? Without the judicious and strict metering of our relationship with alcohol, the populace would surely plummet into the dangerous, inebriated, substance-abusive depths of directionless social non-productivity, gratuitous violence, irresponsible sex and Satan-worship - all of which have been historically repeated during eras without tight governance, opportunistic taxation and Gestapo-like oversight.
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2006
1705 posts
628 upvotes
Toronto
txenglan wrote: How dare you!? Without the judicious and strict metering of our relationship with alcohol, the populace would surely plummet into the dangerous, inebriated, substance-abusive depths of directionless social non-productivity, gratuitous violence, irresponsible sex and Satan-worship - all of which have been historically repeated during eras without tight governance, opportunistic taxation and Gestapo-like oversight.
Wow! just Wow! :)
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2006
3581 posts
2795 upvotes
Pothole city
You should take all the rebate you can get. Funny how people see the price of booze in a province monopoly.
You should see this as taxes you may let other people pay if you don't drink.

Let's cut the prices in half at the LCBO... Now, the province is 500 millions short in its budget.
To get that money back, they need to raise the HST by 1%. Is it better? Or Worst?

So take the rebate!
Mar 6, 2006
832 posts
725 upvotes
GTA
I am not affiliated with LCBO or trying to justify the alcohol prices neither compare them to duty-free, US, Tokio or elsewhere, but your comments don't make sense. The savings I see are up to 12.5% and they are on top of your credit car cash back. Yes, the discounts are small, but if you don't like them you can buy after the promotion ends.

Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
3232 posts
2876 upvotes
GTA Ontario
Oh well, at least the ad image was done with clear, properly exposed images by a highly skilled professional who knows how light works and where to place reflection flares. Oh wait...
:facepalm:
Feb 20, 2011
236 posts
123 upvotes
Wow never knew it is so expensive in ontario. This weeks flyer in alberta has the captain morgan but its 1.14L and only costs 2$ more than the deal posted.
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2010
1638 posts
517 upvotes
Alpha Centauri
txenglan wrote: How dare you!? Without the judicious and strict metering of our relationship with alcohol, the populace would surely plummet into the dangerous, inebriated, substance-abusive depths of directionless social non-productivity, gratuitous violence, irresponsible sex and Satan-worship - all of which have been historically repeated during eras without tight governance, opportunistic taxation and Gestapo-like oversight.
Sounds like fun to me.
Deal Guru
Jul 7, 2007
10983 posts
2915 upvotes
absolutely pathetic. this is exactly why LCBO needs to be sold asap
Dec 6, 2013
965 posts
486 upvotes
lalaland
I've been contemplating on the idea of travelling to Buffalo for a weekend trip and grab some booze & spirits while I'm there. Does anyone know if US prices are better?

Edit. Asking because I checked some US liquor websites and their prices are about the same after the currency conversion. Not sure about pricing at Duty Free.