Expired Hot Deals

[LCBO] Laker Lager Brings Back Buck a Beer for Victoria Day ($1.00 /341 ml)

• Last Updated:
  • May 18th, 2019 4:10 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
11092 posts
3629 upvotes

[LCBO] Laker Lager Brings Back Buck a Beer for Victoria Day ($1.00 /341 ml)

Brick is bringing it back this weekend...

The Laker Lager Buck a Beer sale will be available on the Victoria Day long weekend, at the LCBO on Laker Lager 6-bottle packs.

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-rele ... -Beer.html
Last edited by kool1 on May 17th, 2019 8:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
46 replies
Mar 10, 2017
304 posts
282 upvotes
Bat Cave
in b4 they complain that Laker is trash! Thanks OP! Beer is beer !!
My horn can pierce the sky
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
11092 posts
3629 upvotes
WayneEnterprise wrote: in b4 they complain that Laker is trash! Thanks OP! Beer is beer !!
Definitely - it's pedestrian beer but it doesn't taste crafty or weird and if walk into any generic restaurant in Canada, that's what most people drink.
Sep 25, 2018
659 posts
1204 upvotes
With Stack's 3 of 30 offer, you can get 5 boxes for the price of 4.5 boxes.
Aug 22, 2009
490 posts
447 upvotes
Ottawa
Well it’s not a bad beer. Currently going through a case of it now. So I’ll be sure to stock up.

Better than No Name beer at the same price point IMO. Thanks OP for letting me know!
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2012
3466 posts
2115 upvotes
Kitchener
Really nothing wrong with this beer unless you're a beer snob. Not everyone can afford to buy a 24 of Trappist (cuz, if you're going to do it right, do it right).
Why can't we all just get along?
Dec 10, 2010
43 posts
29 upvotes
Holtville
question is... when does the sale start?
2016 wins
(1) HMV big night out contest ($400)
(2) Exclaim.ca concert and price pack ($150)
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
8946 posts
10133 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
ottawa_guy wrote: Well it’s not a bad beer. Currently going through a case of it now. So I’ll be sure to stock up.

Better than No Name beer at the same price point IMO. Thanks OP for letting me know!
Actually everyone I've given a NoName beer to try has found it quite decent including myself. I enjoy it more than the PC Beer from last year's sales.

If I'm not wrong, I believe Laker and NoName is brewed by Brick Brewery.

Will pick up some Laker for the weekend to get the party started. Thanks OP
Deal Guru
Oct 5, 2008
13674 posts
7810 upvotes
Toronto
cartfan123 wrote: Actually everyone I've given a NoName beer to try has found it quite decent including myself. I enjoy it more than the PC Beer from last year's sales.

It was utter piss. Confirmed by myself and the 4 other people who tried it.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
9737 posts
3068 upvotes
Swerny wrote: It was utter piss. Confirmed by myself and the 4 other people who tried it.
That's a huge sample size.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2007
3706 posts
1987 upvotes
GTA
The same people who liked the NoName beer are also Molson Canadian fans
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
8946 posts
10133 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
Swerny wrote: It was utter piss. Confirmed by myself and the 4 other people who tried it.
Good more for me!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
8946 posts
10133 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
ADRiiAN` wrote: The same people who liked the NoName beer are also Molson Canadian fans
So what? Does that make you better than them?
Aug 22, 2009
490 posts
447 upvotes
Ottawa
cartfan123 wrote: Actually everyone I've given a NoName beer to try has found it quite decent including myself. I enjoy it more than the PC Beer from last year's sales.

Will pick up some Laker for the weekend to get the party started. Thanks OP
You’re right, No Name brewed by Waterloo, which is Brick.

Not trying to put it down, picked it up twice when they had the buck a beer deal. I just find Laker is less carbonated and doesn’t make me belch as much. Lol.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
2403 posts
1311 upvotes
GTA
@cartfan123 I've had No Name last round of deals, hows Laker compare? I found No Name to be between Bud and Labatt Blue, so I was happy with it. May want to try Laker this round.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
11092 posts
3629 upvotes
lilmikey wrote: @cartfan123 I've had No Name last round of deals, hows Laker compare? I found No Name to be between Bud and Labatt Blue, so I was happy with it. May want to try Laker this round.
I have not tried No Name yet (always sold out) but I don't mind Laker at all. Very decent beer IMO.
Dec 14, 2011
473 posts
395 upvotes
To be honest, I didn't find No Name to be bad at all... Doesn't compare to a Heineken or Corona but for a dollar can't really complain

How is Laker compared to No Name?
May 18, 2007
769 posts
1318 upvotes
Toronto
I was skeptical about the no name (low expectations probably helped) and was pleasantly surprised.

It definitely beats the crap from US breweries we were forced to drink years ago when there was a beer strike!!
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
11092 posts
3629 upvotes
canada_dry wrote: I was skeptical about the no name (low expectations probably helped) and was pleasantly surprised.
Brick Brewing does not brew swill. It's all decent quality.

Brick > Busch, Keystone, Milwaukee's Best, Old Milwaukee etc. I'd even say better than Molsons and Bud.