[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
3161 posts
1921 upvotes
GTA

[LCBO] Maker's Mark x 2 With Glasses, Tote, Blanket $85.90

Single 750ml bottle is $42.95 so no savings by buying two
An online exclusive featuring Maker's Mark Kentucky Bourbon, one of the United States' most highly acclaimed distilleries. Purchase two 750 mL bottles and get two FREE branded rocks glasses, one tote and a blanket. Act now, as quantities are limited. While supplies last!
22 replies
Jan 19, 2017
653 posts
655 upvotes
Kitchener
Or, could buy 2 bottles for the same price, haha
Deal Fanatic
Jun 18, 2012
9160 posts
3990 upvotes
Toronto
rtookey wrote: Or, could buy 2 bottles for the same price, haha
the whole point is to give as a gift, so its a gift set

but description says that this is 2 bottles? "Purchase two 750 mL bottles and get two FREE branded rocks glasses, one tote and a blanket. "
Oct 25, 2008
517 posts
358 upvotes
Montreal
A solid bourbon, one of my fav's - I'd be all over this normally, not sure I wanna make the effort crossing the 'border' these days
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2015
3039 posts
2929 upvotes
Toronto, ON
rtookey wrote: Or, could buy 2 bottles for the same price, haha
The deal is 2x 750ml bottles plus glasses plus swag for the price of 2 bottles. Ordered. Thanks, OP!

PRODUCT DETAILS
2 x 750 mL bottle
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2008
1028 posts
90 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Just finished my last bottle - perfect timing. Ordered - Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2008
1226 posts
1027 upvotes
I'm not a bourbon drinker but then I wasn't a scotch drinker until a canoe trip last summer and scotch was lighter to haul than beer.

Lately I've been drinking some Grant's Family Reserve Scotch Whisky because I had it already from years ago for some reason. It must be old cause it's a 1L bottle. https://www.lcbo.com/webapp/wcs/stores/ ... _9KJOhKhjE

Is scotch over to bourbon a reasonable switch? My drink has always been Cdn Whisky, vodka, tequila or craft beer :)
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2004
2217 posts
1703 upvotes
Mississauga
I'll pass as I have already thrown away a bunch of branded glasses and don't want any more, but I'll never not upvote a LCBO deal. Thanks OP.
Aug 21, 2017
81 posts
93 upvotes
SkiLLz wrote: I'll pass as I have already thrown away a bunch of branded glasses and don't want any more, but I'll never not upvote a LCBO deal. Thanks OP.
lol I'm a sucker for kitschy/novelty sht like this and love my glenfiddich rocks glass and stranahan's stemless nosing glass
Also, the sapporo samurai sword bottle opener
Very tempted for this too but my bar cart is already too full
Aug 21, 2017
81 posts
93 upvotes
shadowsteve wrote: I'm not a bourbon drinker but then I wasn't a scotch drinker until a canoe trip last summer and scotch was lighter to haul than beer.

Lately I've been drinking some Grant's Family Reserve Scotch Whisky because I had it already from years ago for some reason. It must be old cause it's a 1L bottle. https://www.lcbo.com/webapp/wcs/stores/ ... _9KJOhKhjE

Is scotch over to bourbon a reasonable switch? My drink has always been Cdn Whisky, vodka, tequila or craft beer :)
I think the RFD way is to try samplers so you don't spend a lot of money and buy a bottle you may not end up liking.
I think maker's mark is a solid entrance bourbon along with buffalo trace, wild turkey, and four roses (just whatever is on sale or if you can get your hands on samplers)
Jul 21, 2013
87 posts
74 upvotes
Toronto
shadowsteve wrote: I'm not a bourbon drinker but then I wasn't a scotch drinker until a canoe trip last summer and scotch was lighter to haul than beer.

If you drink scotch and whisky already, adding bourbon to the mix should be fairly easy.

My view is probably slightly different than others on here - I always suggest starting with something in the mid-grade (e.g. Blantons, Four Roses Single Barrel, etc.). Sure these are a bit more expensive but they are smoother and assuming you are sipping it, it would be a nicer way to introduce yourself to it. You never want to get into a situation where you try out some cheaper bourbons and then decide you don't like it because it didn't taste good at all.
Mar 23, 2018
224 posts
81 upvotes
Lol! I just bought one the other day to make eggnog with... not too bad.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4168 posts
4818 upvotes
GTA

stick with scotch and get nicer glasses
https://www.lcbo.com/webapp/wcs/stores/ ... __0AxZCfcs
bowmore.jpg
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2003
1180 posts
200 upvotes
Ottawa
In for 1

Anyone know why Buffalo Trace been out of stock for so long?
Sep 30, 2019
85 posts
87 upvotes
oceans_end wrote: In for 1

carleton place (just outside of ottawa, if you can drive) has the most supply in the whole province! 89 bottles of bt, meanwhile none within 50kms of me. . .
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2014
2664 posts
960 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Maybe it's just because I've worked in bars/restaurants so we get branded items free all the time but I don't see this as a hot deal...

https://www.lcbo.com/webapp/wcs/stores/ ... inIndex=24

LCBO always has these "Online Exclusive" type "Sampler Packs" and you basically just get a couple branded items of crappy quality. I guess I shouldn't be surprised though because people went crazy for the Sapporo beer opener.
May 7, 2015
77 posts
27 upvotes
Newmarket
djdestroyer wrote: Maybe it's just because I've worked in bars/restaurants so we get branded items free all the time but I don't see this as a hot deal...

https://www.lcbo.com/webapp/wcs/stores/ ... inIndex=24

LCBO always has these "Online Exclusive" type "Sampler Packs" and you basically just get a couple branded items of crappy quality. I guess I shouldn't be surprised though because people went crazy for the Sapporo beer opener.
Price isnt HOT but the deal is pretty good for the merch. Not like liquor in ON frequently has HOT pricing deals. I agree that most items are pretty shitty quality, but if you're a bachelor without much glassware, this is a good way of ensuring your cabinets are stocked when entertaining guests.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2014
2664 posts
960 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
oceans_end wrote: In for 1

They've been having problems keeping up with demand since 2018. I imagine the pandemic and subsequent lockdown didn't help their stock at all.