Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
LCBO

No name beer (6 x 341ml bottles) $6.60

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 1st, 2022 12:45 am
Tags:
63 replies
Jan 28, 2015
102 posts
98 upvotes
York, ON
Cool Beer blonde lager is $6.50 for 4 bottles or cans.
But IMO No Name tastes better
Dec 13, 2020
324 posts
257 upvotes
Guelph ontario
I don't mind no name has to be ice cold tho keep the beer and the glass in the fridge
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2016
1884 posts
7842 upvotes
Albertariolandbec
Long weekends be like......
doug.PNG
What's in your wallet?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 22, 2009
6081 posts
7107 upvotes
Whitby
This is a long weekend political staple. (Use your sticker money) Monetary recycling. Cha-ching $
Aug 6, 2008
197 posts
255 upvotes
I blind tasted No Name with Stella Artois. They tasted the same. Anyone who can blind taste these "premium" lagers against the "value" ones and consistently say the "premium" tastes definitively better, then you are absolutely entitled to pay 50-100% more for the premiums.
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2011
1293 posts
1643 upvotes
ottawa
Ambroch wrote: I blind tasted No Name with Stella Artois. They tasted the same. Anyone who can blind taste these "premium" lagers against the "value" ones and consistently say the "premium" tastes definitively better, then you are absolutely entitled to pay 50-100% more for the premiums.
Hot weather, cold beer and good mood make every beer taste premium.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2006
1148 posts
1161 upvotes
Norilsk
Wow, pinko's at it early in this thread eh?

Anyways, let's get back on topic with a repost of my honest review from a few years ago:
fiscal-rick wrote:

Tasting notes:
No name beer pours clear thin head that evaporates quickly. Aromas of malt cereals and straw. Taste: slightly peppery and slightly sweet lager forward, municipal fair taffy and maybe some leftover oats. No name beer is like a conversation with an old man at a bus stop, there is nothing too exciting going on and it eventually descends into a bitterness on the aftertaste with notes of lightly toasted biscuit. Not thin or watery at all. Definitely worth $1 pairs well with cheese Whip on celery, instant noodles and cohiba cigars. Drink now through blackout. Or cellar for changing your winter tires on Monday.

TGIF
Last edited by fiscal-rick on May 20th, 2022 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
If I robbed the place I would be out by now....
Apr 3, 2018
176 posts
92 upvotes
I am going to get 5 packs today for the long weekend
Ram
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2003
5335 posts
3149 upvotes
A Place to Stand
The LCBO website is soooooooooo stinky. And I will never understand their ordering/distribution system, it is archaic. Went to order a few of these and something else, added them to my cart, said there were 50 or so available to be shipped to the store or my home. Went to get a coffee, came back, 0 available. No way 50 were sold for delivery to a sleepy one horse town agency store in 10 minutes. And I'd have to assume they have more than 50 units available in the warehouse for all of Ontario. Stupid. Why is there a limit on how many are available for shipping to a particular local store? No other online retailer works this way. Costco has 500 of something in the warehouse to be shipped wherever, and when they are gone, they are gone, that makes sense. But the LCBO policy is just downright stupid. 50 available to be shipped to one store, change the store and there is a different amount available to be shipped there. Why?
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2016
1884 posts
7842 upvotes
Albertariolandbec
midget_man wrote: The LCBO website is soooooooooo stinky. And I will never understand their ordering/distribution system, it is archaic. Went to order a few of these and something else, added them to my cart, said there were 50 or so available to be shipped to the store or my home. Went to get a coffee, came back, 0 available. No way 50 were sold for delivery to a sleepy one horse town agency store in 10 minutes. And I'd have to assume they have more than 50 units available in the warehouse for all of Ontario. Stupid. Why is there a limit on how many are available for shipping to a particular local store? No other online retailer works this way. Costco has 500 of something in the warehouse to be shipped wherever, and when they are gone, they are gone, that makes sense. But the LCBO policy is just downright stupid. 50 available to be shipped to one store, change the store and there is a different amount available to be shipped there. Why?
Liquor Cartel Board Ontario. Better known as the LCBO
What's in your wallet?
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
3229 posts
3234 upvotes
Always appreciate dollar beers, wishing there was more like in years past, but until taxes drop on booze I suppose this is all we're gonna get.
RFD is love. RFD is life. I wish I had an RFDer for a wife.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2007
1651 posts
2936 upvotes
LoANeal wrote: Always appreciate dollar beers, wishing there was more like in years past, but until taxes drop on booze I suppose this is all we're gonna get.
dollar beers IS a drop on taxes on booze.

remember you can do same day instore pickup and take up to 30 days to collect, if you forget to, full refund.
science is not an opinion contest
Deal Expert
Oct 5, 2008
18153 posts
14116 upvotes
Toronto
Ambroch wrote: I blind tasted No Name with Stella Artois. They tasted the same. Anyone who can blind taste these "premium" lagers against the "value" ones and consistently say the "premium" tastes definitively better, then you are absolutely entitled to pay 50-100% more for the premiums.
Then you need to get your taste buds checked bud.

If you had said this tasted like Blue or Canadian, then maybe.

To each their own for preference, but this tastes nothing like Stella.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
3565 posts
3189 upvotes
Bavaria Premium is s $2 off per 6 pack (500ml) at $11.90.

Works out to $1.88 per can or $1.28 a beer (based on 341ml).

Highly recommend over No Name for the extra $0.28 per beer.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2017
2305 posts
2721 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
only "premium" about stella, heinekein, corona, etc is because they're imported. compare no name to draft locally brewed, i think you can tell a difference.

also, what ive notice is no name taste significantly worse the more you gulp. by the time you're at the end of the bottle, it becomes disgusting. the first half is definitely enjoyable.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2015
2035 posts
4007 upvotes
If it had a European sounding name it would taste even better.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)