• Last Updated:
  • Feb 18th, 2020 5:18 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
1798 posts
1160 upvotes

[LCBO] No Name Buck a Beer!

So didn't see a thread so I thought I would throw it out there. LCBO has No Name Beer back at a $1 each! ($1.10 with rip off deposit). I usually grab a bunch of it myself when it goes on sale as it's actually pretty decent in all honesty (inb4 doesn't compare with $4 craft/premium/import beers). So enjoy everyone!

https://www.lcbo.com/lcbo/product/productname/110320

[removed]
Last edited by Mars2012 on Feb 14th, 2020 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic comment removed
RFD is love. RFD is life. I wish I had an RFDer for a wife.
92 replies
Mar 16, 2009
106 posts
150 upvotes
Toronto
The deposit is refundable, so shouldn't be included in the cost. True RFD'ers make sure they get every single dime back.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
1798 posts
1160 upvotes
jflex wrote: The deposit is refundable, so shouldn't be included in the cost. True RFD'ers make sure they get every single dime back.
For the amount I drink I don't get the deposit back and just toss it into the black garbage bag for regular pick up. The actual act of driving to a beer store to return maybe 12 bottles (or having bottles pointlessly build up over the year) is not worth the cost to me. But I understand the criticism for including it in the price and I hereby officially apologize for misleading the greater RFD community as to the true cost in the title.
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
19740 posts
19996 upvotes
Toronto
it's actually not terrible beer. bought some for when me and buddy assembled a couch. we finished off 6 each with no ill-effects later.
Things changed now that I’m a father, I can’t live my life a quarter mile at a time anymore.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
1798 posts
1160 upvotes
sprung wrote: it's actually not terrible beer. bought some for when me and buddy assembled a couch. we finished off 6 each with no ill-effects later.
Built a bbq with my old man last summer with the beer to keep up company. Should have been a 2 beer each job. Turned into an 8 beer job and I'm still not 100% that it's built right but it works and we refuse to try and fix it...
Aug 26, 2018
23 posts
23 upvotes
normally on long weekends they have other beers also discounted like Bavaria. Anyone know if they have anything other than the no-name is discounted this weekend?
Sep 16, 2019
7 posts
70 upvotes
LoANeal wrote: Built a bbq with my old man last summer with the beer to keep up company. Should have been a 2 beer each job. Turned into an 8 beer job and I'm still not 100% that it's built right but it works and we refuse to try and fix it...
Every job is an 8 beer job if you believe in yourself
Last edited by greeener on Feb 14th, 2020 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 29, 2019
20 posts
19 upvotes
DAB, Bavaria, Henninger, COOL, Lonestar are NOT on sale and there is no Family Day or Buck-A-Beer promotion on the front page. it's just No Name Beer and you can't buy it online anymore so no more circumventing the sale :(
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
1798 posts
1160 upvotes
JaseW9244 wrote: DAB, Bavaria, Henninger, COOL, Lonestar are NOT on sale and there is no Family Day promotion on the front page. it's just No Name Beer and you can't buy it online anymore so no more circumventing the sale :(
Ya there are some on small "discount" but nothing that's buck a beer sadly. Would have made the family day weekend a lot more cheerful
Aug 29, 2019
20 posts
19 upvotes
LoANeal wrote: Ya there are some on small "discount" but nothing that's buck a beer sadly. Would have made the family day weekend a lot more cheerful
hehe it's probably because all the breweries pulled out of the Buck-A-Beer program and Waterloo (Brick Brewing) is all that's left.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
1798 posts
1160 upvotes
williamsauga wrote: I found it taste like Budweiser, bland.
Okay see I would say Budweiser just tastes bad not bland lol
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2004
4676 posts
1234 upvotes
GTEH!
JaseW9244 wrote: DAB, Bavaria, Henninger, COOL, Lonestar are NOT on sale and there is no Family Day or Buck-A-Beer promotion on the front page. it's just No Name Beer and you can't buy it online anymore so no more circumventing the sale :(
Dougie Ford has moved on to the "NEW" blue license plates.
$1/beer was his 2019 promise. LOL Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling EyesSmiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
😎
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
1798 posts
1160 upvotes
Webhead wrote: Dougie Ford has moved on to the "NEW" blue license plates.
$1/beer was his 2019 promise. LOL Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling EyesSmiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Ya the price floor of $1 still makes no sense to me. Nor the obscene taxes. But yet here we are. I do wish he managed to let us have only the 1 license plate but that seems to have sadly not been accomplished...course I doubt the price would have dropped for only 1 plate but still.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2012
1831 posts
1168 upvotes
LoANeal wrote: Okay see I would say Budweiser just tastes bad not bland lol
bud light is bland, bud is definitely not