Expired Hot Deals

[LCBO] No Name buck a beer is back

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 18th, 2019 8:19 am
Nov 10, 2011
611 posts
519 upvotes
St. Catharines
babykings wrote: just picked up two.packages and finished one bottle. really not bad for 1$. the bottle could be improved. they looks like recycle bottles.
They are re-used bottles. Same bottles that many other brands use. Standard beer bottles are re-filled an average of 15 times. Have been doing this in Ontario forever.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some days I think that I am the only person who knows how to use Google.
Deal Addict
Apr 14, 2017
1967 posts
612 upvotes
DT Calgary
This and condom deals in the same week! God does exist!
Deal Addict
May 18, 2002
3568 posts
756 upvotes
Brampton
So who brews this? Isnt it printed on the packaging/label?
INFORMATION: The requested thread does not exist.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2010
2072 posts
758 upvotes
burlington, on
thanks, I went to my local LCBO and bought 2 boxes. I hope is not that good I doubt I will find more if I go back. People was filling carts!
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2013
2238 posts
1311 upvotes
I managed to get a few 6 packs.

This is by far the best ‘buck a beer’.

I’m going to go back and load up tomorrow if there is still stock left.
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2012
3259 posts
1946 upvotes
Kitchener
prod wrote: So who brews this? Isnt it printed on the packaging/label?
It says "Brewed in Waterloo". It's old packaging, which means it's brewed in Kitchener by The Brick Brewery.

It tastes similar to Laker beer (also brewed by the Brick) or lighter version of Molson Canadian.

I've been drinking Trappistes Rochefort (Belgian Strong ale (9.2%)) lately, so this beer (No Name) does taste incredibly light (anyone who has had the Trappistes Rochefort knows that this beer is very strong). The No Name beer I think is good for drinking around a fire pit or after cutting your lawn on a hot summer day.
How can we fly like eagles, when we're governed by Turkeys?
Nov 10, 2018
94 posts
55 upvotes
ON
I Wanted to order and be delivered to my local store, but during check out says:
Your cart is below the minimum value of 50 . Please add more items to your cart

I dont wanna order 8 boxes while I have never tasted it
Last edited by Kamrana on Mar 15th, 2019 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Banned
Mar 14, 2019
17 posts
26 upvotes
jeff1970 wrote: It says "Brewed in Waterloo". It's old packaging, which means it's brewed in Kitchener by The Brick Brewery.

It tastes similar to Laker beer (also brewed by the Brick) or lighter version of Molson Canadian.

I've been drinking Trappistes Rochefort (Belgian Strong ale (9.2%)) lately, so this beer (No Name) does taste incredibly light (anyone who has had the Trappistes Rochefort knows that this beer is very strong). The No Name beer I think is good for drinking around a fire pit or after cutting your lawn on a hot summer day.
Yes, Brick brewing is a big one. I haven't tried it but it's probably on par with Laker, Lakeport, etc.
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2012
3259 posts
1946 upvotes
Kitchener
takeoffyourbackpack wrote: Yes, Brick brewing is a big one. I haven't tried it but it's probably on par with Laker, Lakeport, etc.
It's really not bad. For $1 -- can't complain. As I said, it's a good summer beer. I buy Trappist(es) because it's an awesome winter beer as it warms you up. That said, I think Trappistes is $5 per bottle, so not cheap. Mind you, at 9.2%, it works out to $2.50 per bottle if your intention is to get stoned.
How can we fly like eagles, when we're governed by Turkeys?
Apr 5, 2009
220 posts
97 upvotes
Tried it. Liked it. Will get more of it at this price. That is all.
Mar 15, 2013
542 posts
275 upvotes
Fredericton
Kamrana wrote: I Wanted to order and be delivered to my local store, but during check out says:
Your cart is below the minimum value of 50 . Please add more items to your cart

I dont wanna order 8 boxes while I have never tasted it
Just buy it. You either want $1 beers or not. If you like it bonus. If you do not like it at the end of the night you will. Guests will not care and if you are concerned about giving it to guests pour it into a glass. In reality “There’s actually only 2 kinds of Beer, the kind of Beer you like and Free Beer”. If you like any 5% 1980-2010 blond/clear beer you will probably like this and you will like it even more when you are thinking you only paid $1 a bottle. Buy now think later.
Last edited by gmoney506 on Mar 16th, 2019 11:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Aug 31, 2006
822 posts
594 upvotes
Norilsk
Tasting notes:
name beer pours clear thin head that evaporates quickly. Aromas of malt cereals and straw. Taste: slightly peppery and slightly sweet lager forward, municipal fair taffy and maybe some leftover oats. No name beer is like a conversation with an old man at a bus stop, there is nothing too exciting going on and it eventually descends into a bitterness on the aftertaste with notes of lightly toasted biscuit. Not thin or watery at all. Definitely worth $1 pairs well with cheese Whip on celery, instant noodles or beefaroni. Drink now through blackout. Or cellar for next week to keep refreshed while taking down the summer tires.
If I robbed the place I would be out by now....
Apr 14, 2006
755 posts
165 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP. Grabbed 3 cases
May 3, 2017
29 posts
14 upvotes
Bought 12 cases, stock up for summer! Great tip to deliver to store.