[LCBO] Storas Rare Cask Reserve - 21Year Blended Scotch Whisky [YMMV]

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 14th, 2017 5:48 pm
[OP]
Sep 22, 2016
266 posts
527 upvotes

[LCBO] Storas Rare Cask Reserve - 21Year Blended Scotch Whisky [YMMV]

Haven't tried this Scotch myself, but for fans of blended scotch whiskey this might be a good buy.

Looks like it's being cleared out, so stock will vary by location, hence YMMV.

Was: $189.95 - Now: $89.95

I remember the last LCBO/Scotch thread, the Glenfiddich 1963 Original Single Malt one, had a lot of debate, I'm sure many will instantly point out this is a Blended Scotch Whiskey, not a Blended Malt or a Single Malt... but to each their own.

Info on Scotch types Here

And here's a review, stolen from Reddit:
Storas 21 Year (46%) Thanks to the William Grant & Sons brand ambassador for the sample. This blend is made exclusively for the LCBO, so is an Ontario only release. No information on what went into the blend. Part of the William Grant & Sons Rare Cask Reserves.
Nose: Sherry and vanilla on the nose, hints of oak and smoke.
Taste: sweet oaky vanilla, buttery caramelized fruits with a touch of smoke and spices.
Finish: Medium intensity, with vanilla, fruit breads, slight oak lingering for a good length. Buttery.
The sherry on the nose is muted compared to the vanilla and oak for the palate and finish. Interesting to see a LCBO exclusive blend with such a high age statement. Reminds me of Glenlivet 21. Would have loved to see this at cask strength. The finish is surprisingly enjoyable.
Score: 85
(Source)

103 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2011
2499 posts
2720 upvotes
Calgary
Thanks OP.
Rule No.1 here: Buy first, Think afterwards.
Dec 26, 2014
60 posts
81 upvotes
Cobourg, ON
Not a great score for a 21 year old scotch.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2006
2441 posts
2375 upvotes
Toronto
Saw this on Liquery.com yesterday, figured it would make a good Xmas gift (comes in a nice box), went to a store with online inventory showing 14 bottles and 12 had been put on hold for customers that had phoned earlier in the day. So, don't believe their website and call before you go.
Sep 15, 2015
996 posts
954 upvotes
Abbotsford
Anyone want to buy and post to BC for a fee?
Thanks for the responses - have found someone to help out -
Last edited by DanielM491 on Dec 7th, 2016 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 15, 2015
996 posts
954 upvotes
Abbotsford
Note:
Cheapest Scotch 18yr in BC $120.99
Cheapest Scotch 21yr in BC $150.00 (and that's Chivas, also blended with grain whiskey)

Even Aberfeldy 21yr single malt is $180.99 - has very poor reviews (for the price and age statement)
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2016
1646 posts
3369 upvotes
Went to the one at Keele/Lawrence. Picked one up, says 8 in stock in their system but they were only able to find the one in the case.

The guy there said they should be found overnight and restocked into the case.
Nov 22, 2009
740 posts
796 upvotes
Toronto
Grabbed the last bottle in Brampton at Kennedy and Steeles. Thanks op! Few left in Brampton but might be reserved, call in before you go.
Jul 13, 2008
124 posts
69 upvotes
DanielM491 wrote: Note:
Cheapest Scotch 18yr in BC $120.99
Cheapest Scotch 21yr in BC $150.00 (and that's Chivas, also blended with grain whiskey)

Even Aberfeldy 21yr single malt is $180.99 - has very poor reviews (for the price and age statement)
this is probably as closest as cheap aged whisky as it gets in BC:
http://www.bcliquorstores.com/product/629410
Sep 15, 2015
996 posts
954 upvotes
Abbotsford
Would rather go with cc 20yr tbh. Would like to know who made this bc release. Who knows what's In it or how limited it is?
Good suggestion though.
Dec 6, 2011
13 posts
8 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Thanks a lot, picked one. This is my first time buy something from locked glass cabinet . Face With Tears Of Joy

We all know it is not a single malt, but still a decent price~~
[OP]
Sep 22, 2016
266 posts
527 upvotes
flaris wrote: Grabbed the last bottle in Brampton at Kennedy and Steeles. Thanks op! Few left in Brampton but might be reserved, call in before you go.
Darn! I'm from Brampton too but wasn't able to go until a few minutes ago (location open until 10pm).

I knew the RFD effect was strong, but didn't think it was this quick. Might try the location in Mississauga tomorrow in my lunch...
Never again am i posting a deal until I've cleared the shelves myself. :-P