• Last Updated:
  • Mar 22nd, 2019 9:33 pm
Nov 21, 2018
21 posts
16 upvotes
Markham
SkiLLz wrote:
Mar 14th, 2019 3:00 pm
Looks like there are tons of bottles in stock at the location that I selected for pickup when I placed my order last week, but I haven't received a notification saying that my order is ready. Anyone have any experience with this? Does the store have the ability to just fulfill my order from the shelf stock, or do I need to wait until they separately get a shipment from the online warehouse?

Seems kind of dumb either way, I'm tempted to just pick up some bottles and cancel my order.

Which store? I was hoping to pick some up.

Does anyone know if there is any stock in Durham region stores, or in bathurst/st clair area? Also, how to check stock on the website? I keep seeing no stock.

** Edit - just have to change postal code. Seems like none in durham region, but lots at most toronto locations.
Last edited by leif20 on Mar 14th, 2019 3:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2004
1593 posts
392 upvotes
leif20 wrote:
Mar 14th, 2019 3:02 pm
Which store? I was hoping to pick some up.
It's in Mississauga - I put in my postal code and all of the stores around me have lots of inventory.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
6154 posts
1539 upvotes
Toronto
SkiLLz wrote:
Mar 14th, 2019 3:00 pm
Looks like there are tons of bottles in stock at the location that I selected for pickup when I placed my order last week, but I haven't received a notification saying that my order is ready. Anyone have any experience with this? Does the store have the ability to just fulfill my order from the shelf stock, or do I need to wait until they separately get a shipment from the online warehouse?

Seems kind of dumb either way, I'm tempted to just pick up some bottles and cancel my order.
Yea that's dumb if there is stock at the store but you still have yet to receive the order you sent to pick up to store.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2004
1593 posts
392 upvotes
Swung by to pick up a bottle and spoke to the cashier - even though they still have around a dozen bottles on the shelf, my order needs to be fulfilled from their online warehouse. If it's worth anything, the cashier said it's all hype and the wine reminds her of Fuzion. I may cancel my order after drinking this bottle, stay tuned....
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
2184 posts
1642 upvotes
GTA
Pochacco wrote:
Mar 14th, 2019 10:35 am
Showing a lot of stock online this week in the Toronto Stores.

Not flying off the shelves? Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat
The Toronto stores that have it just received their stock today
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2006
1676 posts
397 upvotes
Toronto
available for 'deliever to store'
Penalty Box
Apr 3, 2013
900 posts
570 upvotes
Toronto
matt4670 wrote:
Mar 14th, 2019 10:31 pm
available for 'deliever to store'
20k bottles available right now, for both home and store delivery.
Proud Fido, Paytm, Public Mobile, and Tangerine client
Thanks RFD 💜
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
2407 posts
406 upvotes
I hope this stuff is good!
Last edited by BigJonsson on Mar 15th, 2019 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2009
2124 posts
1160 upvotes
anyone near yonge/finch or bayview village wants to split a shipment? I can go pick it up.

i just want 3-4 myself.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
6154 posts
1539 upvotes
Toronto
jrshopper wrote:
Mar 14th, 2019 10:37 pm
I found the Rolling Pinot Grigio and bought a case. Hoping we like it...or I see a lot of spritzers in our entertaining this summer. Thanks for posting
Which store? Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Nov 19, 2016
181 posts
77 upvotes
Cracked the first bottle today. I ran it through a magic decanter into a larger glass traditional decanter and let it sit for a few hours.

Overall: Smooth upon sipping with a bit of a bite at the end. A bit dry and mellow flavor. One of the best <$10 wines I've had so far. Most of the other ones in this price range that I've tried have a harsher bite and are a bit tangy.

I would have liked it to be a tad bit sweeter, otherwise it's a very drinkable everyday wine or wine for parties. It won't blow you away or anything - it's an above average wine. I prefer Robert Mondavi private selection but that's 2x the price!.

Just make sure to let the toro bravo sit for a few hours first.

Enjoy follks
Dec 7, 2012
60 posts
81 upvotes
Tried a bottle a few days ago and the lady enjoyed it more than my go red which happens to be Wolf Blass Yellow Label Cab Sauv. At this price, this wine is perfectly drinkable with nothing remarkable in terms of taste or body, great for sangria but better suited as the second less expensive bottle to open at parties because after the first bottle, nobody really cares. At less than $100 for a case, there is no risk. Are there better wines out there, no doubt. Are there better for less than 8$, I don't think so.
May 17, 2011
64 posts
61 upvotes
Toronto
Pochacco wrote: Which store? Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
I used the vintages.com site to find stores with stock. I may have bought the last case in the Aurora/Newmarket area but the site will show all stores with stock.
Nov 24, 2018
13 posts
16 upvotes
timonwong wrote:
Mar 14th, 2019 11:24 pm
anyone near yonge/finch or bayview village wants to split a shipment? I can go pick it up.

i just want 3-4 myself.
I would split with you! Yonge/Finch area.

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 3 guests)

yydd4567