Expired Hot Deals

[LCBO] LCBO & Vintages Clearance Sale (Ontario)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 6th, 2014 11:59 am
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2006
2449 posts
2384 upvotes
Toronto

[LCBO] LCBO & Vintages Clearance Sale (Ontario)

some good deals on high end wines (save up to $1000!!! :-) )if you enjoy them and are lucky enough to live near a store with stock

http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo-ear/lcbo/clr/s ... e&order=-1
8 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2007
1025 posts
138 upvotes
KINGSTON, Ontario
A few obscure Australian and Canadian single malts.
Nov 28, 2013
391 posts
137 upvotes
Ottawa
I don't know how much of a 'hot deal' this is, as the LCBO has a permanent 'Clearance Sale' and section on their website which has been in use for years.

re: 'high end wines' - well, beyond the pretentious facade some people put up about wine, the reality is the Best wine in the World, is simply the one you like ;)
I drink a $14 bottle of wine, which started at the LCBO years ago at $26+ ...and while the price has lowered it into a oft perceived 'lower end wine' price bracket, it's the same great wine - now I just get twice as much as before!

To Note: I notice the LCBO has a lot of Air Miles rewards points specials too, so don't forget to collect! (...now, if they were on Ebates that would be 'hot'! :cheesygri )
To also Note: It's Cardinal Zin :twisted:
Apr 1, 2008
33 posts
4 upvotes
Looking for some investment grade wine that is cheap in price.. please help
Jul 9, 2007
254 posts
80 upvotes
GTA
OP, should really put YMMV in the title, I checked about 10-15 different bottles of reasonabily priced wine (ie under $30) and none was in stock in the GTA/Golden Horseshoe.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
2815 posts
1158 upvotes
Kingston
wkpbenny wrote: Looking for some investment grade wine that is cheap in price.. please help
What do you consider cheap? Chateauneuf du pape comes in at around $30 ish and is worth keeping a while, it's only an investment in taste though, not cash. A step down is gigondas which should improve with age too.
Nov 15, 2011
25 posts
6 upvotes
Ontario
There are some decent wines in the affordable $10 to $20 range; however, the LCBO website does not give stock quantities for your locale. Esssentially you could find your favourite wine on sale but not know if you can pick it up locally or have to drive outlet to outlet to find it.
Jul 9, 2007
254 posts
80 upvotes
GTA
Roberto63 wrote: There are some decent wines in the affordable $10 to $20 range; however, the LCBO website does not give stock quantities for your locale. Esssentially you could find your favourite wine on sale but not know if you can pick it up locally or have to drive outlet to outlet to find it.
I think this is a huge YMMV with only a few bottles speard across the province. I would not waste any gas or time on a speacial trip to be just disappointed.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2007
1736 posts
157 upvotes
Toronto
Ymmv this is a huge maybe, lcbo is known for incorrect stock #
Nintendo Switch vibes