Food & Drink

LCBO white wine with a cat on the label?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2012 10:36 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Jan 13, 2011
4 posts
1 upvote
Toronto

LCBO white wine with a cat on the label?

My coworker has mentioned that her favourite wine (that she gets from the LCBO) is a white wine with an image of a cat on the label.

I'd really like to get her a bottle of this cat-wine for the holidays, but aside from walking up and down the aisles of the LCBO looking for a cat, I'm not sure how to find it.

Does anyone else enjoy feline-themed wine, and can direct me to the name/manufacturer?
13 replies
Banned
May 12, 2004
9759 posts
4113 upvotes
Ottawa
If you narrow it down by country of origin it'll make it easier to help you.

We have a resident LCBO employee here that has likely seen it 100 times.
Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.
- Mark Twain
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
19915 posts
5290 upvotes
Off the 404
Cas77 wrote: Huh....OP said cat..not a dress. LOL
Well, if you drink enough, and squint at the black dress, it kinda looks like a cat :D
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
11835 posts
2372 upvotes
lilnymphie wrote: Is it this one? I remember my husband buying it once because he thought the name was hilarious. Can't recall how it tasted, but don't remember anyone complaining about it. http://pullthecork.files.wordpress.com/ ... y_bush.jpg

http://www.wine-searcher.com/wine-13693 ... ew-zealand
This would have been my guess. It's actually a well reviewed wine and LCBO does stock it. I bought some for friends and family and they loved it about 2 years ago.
[OP]
Jan 13, 2011
4 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
I vaguely recall her saying it's South African, but I'm not entirely positive.

Cat's Pee on a Gooseberry Bush - what a unique name for a wine!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2003
6264 posts
196 upvotes
Toronto
lol oh god, what was i thinking. I pasted the image without even looking at it. I was so sure that girls night out had a cat on the label. Guess I confused it for something else. lol sorry OP
Banned
May 12, 2004
9759 posts
4113 upvotes
Ottawa
SwiZz wrote: lol oh god, what was i thinking. I pasted the image without even looking at it. I was so sure that girls night out had a cat on the label. Guess I confused it for something else. lol sorry OP
The cat is usually under the dress. ;)
Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.
- Mark Twain