• Jul 25th, 2020 8:35 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Jun 10, 2009
33 posts
53 upvotes
Terrace

LCD replaced - faded colors

Looking for any people that have experience with cell phone repairs. I swapped my LCD on kids J320. Pretty straight forward just peel off old lcd, hook up new one and voila. But when I power on the phone, the colors are faded out even on initial boot screen so not a phone color setting.

Do you think it is a bad lcd replacement part, or maybe wrong model ? Would factory resetting it do anything display wise?
6 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
17081 posts
3329 upvotes
Toronto
Where did you get the screen? Without having another screen to try, it's difficult to say if the LCD is defective or some other part of the phone.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
21488 posts
2737 upvotes
Toronto
I hope your phone was fully turned off before replacing the screen or you didn't blow a fuse on the board when changing the screen and powering it up.

Happened with me and an iPhone screen I was replacing. Messed up something and brightness was very dim on the iphone. Had to take it into a repair shop and they soldered something to fix the issue...

Now I always disconnect the battery before replacing the screen...

Something like below:
https://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/154 ... eas+please

FS: Nothing at the moment
Heatware: 63-0-0
[OP]
Jun 10, 2009
33 posts
53 upvotes
Terrace
The battery was definitely out of it's enclosure and I got the lcd replacement from ebay else it was too expensive to buy locally unfortunately for such an old model phone. So probably counterfeit or pulled off old phone...maybe just wrong model they sent me.

What is I factory reset it ? Would that make any thing ? maybe recognize new screen or something ?
Aug 18, 2019
258 posts
183 upvotes
Maybe just parts that didn't pass QA then sold as is on the cheap no brand.
~ 👍teslanaire2bitcoinaireButStillCheapLurking@RFDForDeals✌️~
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
2179 posts
1232 upvotes
Calgary
JS wrote: What is I factory reset it ? Would that make any thing ? maybe recognize new screen or something ?
That won't have any effect as you already mentioned it's faded on the boot screen.
Jul 22, 2020
416 posts
58 upvotes
JS wrote: Looking for any people that have experience with cell phone repairs. I swapped my LCD on kids J320. Pretty straight forward just peel off old lcd, hook up new one and voila. But when I power on the phone, the colors are faded out even on initial boot screen so not a phone color setting.

Do you think it is a bad lcd replacement part, or maybe wrong model ? Would factory resetting it do anything display wise?
My friend has the same phone. Her model is Sm-J320w8. Is yours the same one? She is looking for a screen replacement as well, broke it. Could you plz share the ebay link you ought yours from?