Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
VirginMobile.ca

LD: Virgin Mobile Samsung Galaxy S II clearance - $499 (YMMV?)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 5th, 2012 9:15 am
Tags:
None
Apr 13, 2007
52 posts
37 upvotes
Surrey

[VirginMobile.ca] LD: Virgin Mobile Samsung Galaxy S II clearance - $499 (YMMV?)

I noticed that the London Drugs in Langley (203 and 64th, ish) had the Virgin Samsung Galaxy S II on clearance for $499. $100 off the usual $599 price.

I'm not sure what their outright purchase policy is, or if it's even possible... But even if you had to create an account and pay for 1 month of service it still seems like a pretty hot deal. The sign said clearance, no rain checks, and this location had 1 left in stock.

That's all I know.
12 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2006
2451 posts
873 upvotes
At another LD, I noticed VIRGIN's Samsung Galaxy S for $299. Cheers
Apr 17, 2005
433 posts
138 upvotes
They should sell it to you outright with no issues. I got the same phone from them for $499 when it first came out and they had a pricing error. Even 6 months after it came out it remains an excellent phone!
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2007
1884 posts
124 upvotes
Calgary
This and the Galaxy S II LTE, is the only difference in the LTE? Thanks.
May 23, 2009
897 posts
605 upvotes
Vancouver
darklord700 wrote: This and the Galaxy S II LTE, is the only difference in the LTE? Thanks.

the S2 LTE screen is 4.5 while this is 4.3, and the processor is a bit faster 1.5ghz vs 1.2ghz. I just got the S2 LTE the other week and let me tell you that in my experiece, that the battery is HORRIBLE. it drains almost 3% in 1 hour on standby...
Deal Fanatic
Mar 30, 2011
7270 posts
719 upvotes
ProtossCraft wrote: the S2 LTE screen is 4.5 while this is 4.3, and the processor is a bit faster 1.5ghz vs 1.2ghz. I just got the S2 LTE the other week and let me tell you that in my experiece, that the battery is HORRIBLE. it drains almost 3% in 1 hour on standby...

My experience with my Ace and Gio is that the battery life can be very good to very bad for Samsung, all depends on what programs are running in the background(which I don't have a clue). My Gio for example just lasted about 6 days then I charged it to full and all of a sudden, it drained 30% in just 8 hours and I failed to find why(no change in usage pattern). So I just reboot it and now it is back to 48 hours and only drained 20%.
Dec 13, 2006
623 posts
31 upvotes
ProtossCraft wrote: the S2 LTE screen is 4.5 while this is 4.3, and the processor is a bit faster 1.5ghz vs 1.2ghz. I just got the S2 LTE the other week and let me tell you that in my experiece, that the battery is HORRIBLE. it drains almost 3% in 1 hour on standby...
The two processors are different. 1.2GHz from Virgin/Bell might be more fast than 1.5GHz from Rogers. Just like how some 2.8Ghz Intel processor is more fast than 3.2Ghz AMD processor. The Galaxy SII from Virgin is 4G. Probably not as fast as LTE but it's still 4G. I got Virgin's Galaxy SII 4G. Love the phone. So much more smooth than my old Galaxy S Vibrant.
-----------------------------------------
May 23, 2009
897 posts
605 upvotes
Vancouver
guardianflash wrote: The two processors are different. 1.2GHz from Virgin/Bell might be more fast than 1.5GHz from Rogers. Just like how some 2.8Ghz Intel processor is more fast than 3.2Ghz AMD processor. The Galaxy SII from Virgin is 4G. Probably not as fast as LTE but it's still 4G. I got Virgin's Galaxy SII 4G. Love the phone. So much more smooth than my old Galaxy S Vibrant.

yes true, they are different and i believe they are roughly about the same, but with that little difference in speed for a phone, its hardly noticeable. How is the battery on your GS2? If you're deciding between the two SGS2's dont let the screen size be the deciding factor to draw you in. 4.3" is quite adequate, i would say battery would be the deal breaker. Do some researching up on them and maybe the feeling of the back of the phone.
Jul 25, 2011
778 posts
213 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Do virgin phones take sim cards? If so, can I unlock the phone and use it with fido? ThankS~
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2003
3101 posts
3349 upvotes
darklord700 wrote: This and the Galaxy S II LTE, is the only difference in the LTE? Thanks.

sgs2 and sgs2 lte and sgs2 x / tmobile are totally different phones
Feb 7, 2010
258 posts
50 upvotes
Kingston
Loomy wrote: sgs2 and sgs2 lte and sgs2 x / tmobile are totally different phones

Care to explain the difference please?

I know the above post described the dif between sgs2 vs sgs 2 LTE,

but what about sgs2 x?

Soo confusing with so many sgs2's on the market atm

Thanks
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2008
7286 posts
1329 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
I have the Bell version of the SGS2 which goes by the name of I9100
I did have some bad battery issues until I found out from different forums what I need to turn off on the phone to have amazing battery life.

Before I had about 1 day max battery life now I can go on for about 3 days with moderate use on average.
There are many different things you can freeze on the phone so it stops draining your battery but the biggest one was the background data and account syncing. When you shut that puppy off you will be amazed how much more time you will get out of your battery.

To do that press the menu button on your phone, go to settings, accounts and sync, then turn off both background data and auto sync.
When you go to the market the phone will ask you turn the background sync back on but just make sure to shut that off when you are done with the market.
Steam: SpectralMeat

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)