Deal Link:
Savings:
BOGO
Expiry:
June 11, 2020
Retailer:
Le Creuset
Le Creuset - Buy One Get One on Dinnerware & Sets

Purchase a Classic or Minimalist Dinnerware set and receive a second set, of equal or lesser value, for free.
Eligible sets include Dinner Plates (set of 4), Dessert/Salad Plates (set of 4), Appetizer Plates (set of 4), Coupe Pasta Bowls (set of 4), Cereal Bowls (set of 4) and Mugs (set of 4).

Offer exclusively available online at LeCreuset.ca from May 15, 2020 until June 11, 2020 or until supply lasts. To redeem offer online, add all chosen dinnerware sets to your cart and price reduction will be applied when you checkout. This offer cannot be combined with other promotions, is not retroactive and may be modified or discontinued at any time without notice.
Last edited by TomRFD on May 28th, 2020 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added a retailer
RFD Damage...lost count

HEATWARE
eBay
23 replies
Mar 6, 2019
146 posts
190 upvotes
I am a huge fan of Le Creuset, but do note their stoneware is made in China, not France. Might be important to some people.

I have seen them, and they are nice however. Priced way too high in my opinion, but if you really want the specific look then there's that.

An alternative to consider would be Denby, they are made in England and for the price, quality and durability are quite nice. Can be found at deep discounts if you look around as well.
Nov 26, 2012
317 posts
273 upvotes
Toronto
SubmarinePerson wrote: I am a huge fan of Le Creuset, but do note their stoneware is made in China, not France. Might be important to some people.

I have seen them, and they are nice however. Priced way too high in my opinion, but if you really want the specific look then there's that.

An alternative to consider would be Denby, they are made in England and for the price, quality and durability are quite nice. Can be found at deep discounts if you look around as well.
Agreed. The dutch ovens are pretty much the only le creuset items made in France anymore. IMO, they are the only LC worth the premium pricetag.

For plates, anything made in Scandinavia, Germany, USA, UK and Japan are generally better. Denby is great for sale prices/availability in Canada. Not all Denby is made in the UK though so you have to check. However, I clumsy and drop enough plates that I just buy white ones from anywhere. Prefer porcelain as lighter.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
3358 posts
1384 upvotes
Ottawa
I grew up with correll in the house, and bought some 14years ago... Still good. Though some of the designs faded a bit.
Mar 16, 2018
80 posts
29 upvotes
Good deal on mugs IMO. Free shipping + BOGo makes them $10ea.

When yeschef.ca had their 40% off sale, the mugs sold out pretty quick and this price is even better.
Mar 19, 2005
855 posts
16 upvotes
Auggghh I don't need new dinnerware.. yet I do with these deals.. :|
Jan 25, 2016
379 posts
413 upvotes
Toronto
YEG780 wrote: Good deal on mugs IMO. Free shipping + BOGo makes them $10ea.

When yeschef.ca had their 40% off sale, the mugs sold out pretty quick and this price is even better.
I’m the first to admit I love LC. The dinnerware is just nothing special.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 14, 2006
6475 posts
534 upvotes
Toronto
YEG780 wrote: Good deal on mugs IMO. Free shipping + BOGo makes them $10ea.

I have a set of 4 LC mugs and they're great looking but they chip very easily. That being said, I'd probably buy more if I needed them because the colours look so good.
RFD + ME = POOR
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
3358 posts
1384 upvotes
Ottawa
jamgyu wrote: I have a set of 4 LC mugs and they're great looking but they chip very easily. That being said, I'd probably buy more if I needed them because the colours look so good.
i like the set of six mixed colors..but doesnt apply
Jul 14, 2019
592 posts
1008 upvotes
Country of origin doesn't matter provided QC is being overseen by LC which it almost certainly is. I wouldn't worry about it at all if you like the product.

Honestly, a lot of stuff that comes out of China is very good - most of it would be built exactly the same regardless of the geographic location of the factory. Sure, they make lots of junk too (dollar store stuff, etc.) but that is expected to be garbage due to the price.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
1780 posts
1070 upvotes
Vancouver
I did a quick look, but I couldn't find any discussion about lead/cadium in le creuset's stoneware stuff. Only their enamaled cast iron.

Does anyone know? They have such colourful paints that I always suspected it'd be impossible to be lead free.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2017
5393 posts
2377 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…
SubmarinePerson wrote: I am a huge fan of Le Creuset, but do note their stoneware is made in China, not France. Might be important to some people.
IIRC, Thailand. Nothing except cast iron was ever made in France.
British ceramics are pretty crappy. Glaze is pretty weak. Never use a serrated knife to cut on them!
niche54 wrote: Agreed. The dutch ovens are pretty much the only le creuset items made in France anymore.
Cast iron. Ceramic and S/S stuff were never made in France.
For plates, anything made in Scandinavia, Germany, USA, UK and Japan are generally better. Denby is great for sale prices/availability in Canada. Not all Denby is made in the UK though so you have to check. However, I clumsy and drop enough plates that I just buy white ones from anywhere. Prefer porcelain as lighter.
I think German is best. The ceramic German dishes I see at thrift shops generally have better glazing than the U.K.-made ones (usually Meakin (J&G and Alfred), Royal Albert and Johnson Bros - most common in Canada). And for a little bit of history (and irony), let's no forget where porcelain (and silk among other things) originated and how the west tried to obtain the secrets. What goes around comes around.
CanadaCPU wrote: Country of origin doesn't matter provided QC is being overseen by LC which it almost certainly is. I wouldn't worry about it at all if you like the product.

Honestly, a lot of stuff that comes out of China is very good - most of it would be built exactly the same regardless of the geographic location of the factory. Sure, they make lots of junk too (dollar store stuff, etc.) but that is expected to be garbage due to the price.
Agreed. People want cheap these days, marketers want the most profit, so everything tends toward the cheapest (and usually lowest quality).
Cream rises to the top. So does scum.
Feb 23, 2014
967 posts
469 upvotes
SubmarinePerson wrote: I am a huge fan of Le Creuset, but do note their stoneware is made in China, not France.

thanks for the warning. too bad.
Mar 4, 2009
565 posts
198 upvotes
Ottawa
Be aware that "dinnerware set" doesn't actually mean dinnerware set. If you attempt to add a dinnerware set it won't give you BOGO free, you have to individually add each item (e.g., dinner plates, salad plates, etc.). Also, the chat doesn't work or they are manually kicking me out of the chat after I complained about the misleading offer title. Now there's an issue with my cart, I'm getting a subtotal of $1,040, but it's only discounting it $440 instead of $520, and they are unable/unwilling to assist. Be aware.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
3358 posts
1384 upvotes
Ottawa
cdwalkman wrote: Be aware that "dinnerware set" doesn't actually mean dinnerware set. If you attempt to add a dinnerware set it won't give you BOGO free, you have to individually add each item (e.g., dinner plates, salad plates, etc.). Also, the chat doesn't work or they are manually kicking me out of the chat after I complained about the misleading offer title. Now there's an issue with my cart, I'm getting a subtotal of $1,040, but it's only discounting it $440 instead of $520, and they are unable/unwilling to assist. Be aware.
Break it into two orders?
Mar 4, 2009
565 posts
198 upvotes
Ottawa
I've asked them to credit me, but if they don't and it's some sort of BS way they've calculated it then I will return everything and re-order it individually. Thanks for the tip.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2010
2465 posts
1614 upvotes
Montreal
HelloNanaimo wrote: I’m the first to admit I love LC. The dinnerware is just nothing special.
The dinnerware can go in the oven.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2006
1794 posts
274 upvotes
North York
Tempting with the bowls and plates, but I think I could do better with the price and another brand for the same style.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
3358 posts
1384 upvotes
Ottawa
Any way to get the summer mugs or 6 pack of mugs for less?