1944 upvotes
Montreal

Le Creuset serveware 50% Off, Flame and Coastal colors

Deal Link:
Savings:
50%
Retailer:
Le Creuset
While prices are still high even with 50% off, Le Creuset has very high quality and good looking items. Currently all Flame (orange) and Coastal (blue) serveware are at 50% off. Make sure you filter by colors as only those two colors are on sale. Currently waiting for the Cerise (red) to go one sale : ).

These are pretty nice :
Minimalist pitcher https://www.lecreuset.ca/en_CA/minimali ... 5-102.html
Set of 4 Minimalist Mugs https://www.lecreuset.ca/en_CA/set-of-4 ... 4-352.html
Minimalist Cream & Sugar Set https://www.lecreuset.ca/en_CA/minimali ... 5-102.html

Cheers!
Financial and Debt Advisor
12 replies
Jun 27, 2018
59 posts
66 upvotes
simplealgebra wrote: I'm more curious about the quality of this wok. https://www.lecreuset.ca/en_CA/toughene ... 00-30.html
At half price, is it worth it? I've had a non stick saucepan from creuset and liked it very much.
I bought this exact wok at homesense for 180$ earlier this year. Their marketing is all about how the non-stick is super tough, but when you read the manual, it's a lot more nuanced: You can put it in the dishwasher but probably shouldn't. You can use metal tools (very rarely) but really you should use silicone.

Moreover, the wok doesn't really get hot enough to be considered a wok. I like it for stir-frys and such because there's a lot of room and the shape means stirring is easy with no mess, but I'm no chef.

Other than that, it's well built and has a limited lifetime warranty.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
3363 posts
1387 upvotes
Ottawa
aldhux wrote: I bought this exact wok at homesense for 180$ earlier this year. Their marketing is all about how the non-stick is super tough, but when you read the manual, it's a lot more nuanced: You can put it in the dishwasher but probably shouldn't. You can use metal tools (very rarely) but really you should use silicone.

Moreover, the wok doesn't really get hot enough to be considered a wok. I like it for stir-frys and such because there's a lot of room and the shape means stirring is easy with no mess, but I'm no chef.

I suspect my lawyer would read this and said avoid. Face With Tears Of Joy
Feb 19, 2019
81 posts
135 upvotes
georgep wrote: That’s not even close to an approximation of a wok. Even the sale price is crazy for this thing.
What's wrong with it?
Dec 26, 2012
265 posts
225 upvotes
TORONTO
aldhux wrote: I bought this exact wok at homesense for 180$ earlier this year. Their marketing is all about how the non-stick is super tough, but when you read the manual, it's a lot more nuanced: You can put it in the dishwasher but probably shouldn't. You can use metal tools (very rarely) but really you should use silicone.

i don't think i'd ever use metal on these things or put them in the dishwasher anyway.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
3173 posts
2930 upvotes
I have an older version of the stainless steel frying pan. It’s great.
Sep 22, 2020
175 posts
217 upvotes
shylok wrote: I suspect my lawyer would read this and said avoid. Face With Tears Of Joy
I’m still trying to get a replacement from Staub that keeps advertising 40 year warranty. Staub’s customers service (zwilling) is complete shit and they don’t answer phone calls/emails. I guess they must be non-essential service...since they started.
May 5, 2009
76 posts
47 upvotes
Montreal
simplealgebra wrote: What's wrong with it?
  • Wok cooking requires high concentrated heat at the bottom of the pan; nonstick pans require you to avoid high temperatures to keep the coating intact.
  • You want to slightly char things when you cook with a wok for that smoky "wok hay"; nonstick is not the best surface for that reaction to occur.
The two are not really compatible. Real woks are generally made of carbon steel which is seasoned like cast iron to have a non-stick* surface. For that kind of money you can get a quality Japanese-made black steel pan that will last you your lifetime, instead of this one which will probably lose its non-stick properties in a couple of years. But I also understand that it is a personal preference and many people prefer the convenience of a nonstick pan :)

*not as nonstick as a nonstick pan.
Aug 29, 2017
531 posts
1787 upvotes
The ceramicware is quite disappointing and overpriced. They chip and scratch easily (from just mixing with a tea spoon). Also, Made in China, if that matters to you.

I would pick something else that is of better quality and cheaper, unless your goal is to colour match with your pots. The pots are great.
“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do."― John Ruskin
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
4208 posts
3140 upvotes
Markham
BuciMaci wrote: The ceramicware is quite disappointing and overpriced. They chip and scratch easily (from just mixing with a tea spoon). Also, Made in China, if that matters to you.

I would pick something else that is of better quality and cheaper, unless your goal is to colour match with your pots. The pots are great.
Must have been a bad batch, my experience we use 4 of the classic pasta bowls (with ridges) for the past 4 years daily, sometimes multiple times a day and every night in the dishwasher and when they come out they look practically brand new! In the same time span we've disposed of probably a dozen IKEA and Mikasa bowls and plates due to chipping and they weren't even used as heavily as these 4 lowly pasta bowls.

I might try the new smooth pasta bowls hopefully the quality hasn't changed.