Parenting & Family

Lead Check Kit for toys

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 27th, 2007 10:47 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Sr. Member
Mar 12, 2007
979 posts
202 upvotes
Kingston

Lead Check Kit for toys

Where can I buy above kit or similar one to test Lead on toys' surfaces. I phoned HD, Walmart, TRU and HH, but they don't carry this staff. Any idea, please? I am in Kingston of Ontario. Thanks.
5 replies
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jan 27, 2004
43189 posts
6471 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
atlantic_man wrote: Where can I buy above kit or similar one to test Lead on toys' surfaces. I phoned HD, Walmart, TRU and HH, but they don't carry this staff. Any idea, please? I am in Kingston of Ontario. Thanks.
wow. thats pretty specific... I imagine you would have to look up an old science text book and find out what chemicals react with lead in order to make your own test!

Then go to a teachers school supplies store to get such chemicals to make 'experiments'.

edit:

nevermind!
i found one on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/LEAD-PAINT-TEST-KIT ... dZViewItem
Deal Expert
User avatar
Aug 22, 2003
15541 posts
973 upvotes
Niagara Falls
One of the news casts did a story on these in the last week or two. They are available at paint stores. Apparently they aren't very good though and when they tested toys that has specifically been recalled they all tested negative so I wouldn't put a lot of faith in the test kits apparently....
Sr. Member
May 24, 2003
931 posts
43 upvotes
Going a little overboard buying these isnt it? Seems like some company will be profiting off of the fears that parents have.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Oct 15, 2001
944 posts
34 upvotes
CSK'sMom wrote: ...Apparently they aren't very good though and when they tested toys that has specifically been recalled they all tested negative....
....may be the kit is good and the toys do not contain lead ... ;) ... all because of protectionism.... :D .... another CT :D
[OP]
Sr. Member
Mar 12, 2007
979 posts
202 upvotes
Kingston
CSK'sMom wrote: One of the news casts did a story on these in the last week or two. They are available at paint stores. Apparently they aren't very good though and when they tested toys that has specifically been recalled they all tested negative so I wouldn't put a lot of faith in the test kits apparently....
Some paint stores (like Benjamin Moore) do have it. Thanks CSK'sMom.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)