Sports & Recreation

Leafs alternate "Next Gen" jersey, Yes/No?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 25th, 2022 7:05 pm
11 replies
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15506 posts
10153 upvotes
Toronto
Ah no. TML is blue and white, always. Not black and gold/yellow. Is this bieber's way of clowning/trolling the leafs for their failure to get by the bruins?

DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
Aug 7, 2005
979 posts
344 upvotes
Toronto
This is a hard YES

The blue one is one of the best leafs jerseys I've seen in some time.
Jan 15, 2013
156 posts
51 upvotes
Moncton
They may not get past the first round but they will look good trying.
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
12546 posts
3248 upvotes
koffey wrote: Ah no. TML is blue and white, always. Not black and gold/yellow. Is this bieber's way of clowning/trolling the leafs for their failure to get by the bruins?

Nah. there's no reference to the Bruins.

Drew House is Bieber's clothing brand. Their typical colors are black and yellow.

I'm kinda surprised that the Leafs are using this as their alternate jersey, but then again Drake's OVO brand has been a huge influence with the Raptors.

Personally, I can get down with a black jersey for the Leafs, but leave that Drew House crap out of it.
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15506 posts
10153 upvotes
Toronto
Yeah, I don't mind the black so much, but god damn that biber stuff is ugly.
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2007
4028 posts
1319 upvotes
I really like the black and blue. The blue they used contrasted nicely. It's neat that it can be reversed. I just dont know if i need another jersey... lol

Overall, i think it's a nice alternative that respect the traditional design but updates it for the "next gen."

I've read the jersey has already been sold out at several sites.
RFD is bad for your wallet's health 😂
Rogers EPP - $40 Canada/USA-wide + 6GB
Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2002
11633 posts
4012 upvotes
Winnipeg
joeyjoejoe wrote: Nah. there's no reference to the Bruins.

Drew House is Bieber's clothing brand. Their typical colors are black and yellow.

I'm kinda surprised that the Leafs are using this as their alternate jersey, but then again Drake's OVO brand has been a huge influence with the Raptors.

Personally, I can get down with a black jersey for the Leafs, but leave that Drew House crap out of it.
no reference at all except the same colors as the bruins and the penguins? :facepalm:
https://www.thestar.com/entertainment/o ... ruins.html

Plus is wearing "black and blue" a great expression for how the players should feel? Its kinda how you want the other team to look isn't it?
Last edited by lead on Mar 24th, 2022 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
19069 posts
13929 upvotes
Markham
CrazyJo82 wrote: I really like the black and blue. The blue they used contrasted nicely. It's neat that it can be reversed. I just dont know if i need another jersey... lol

Overall, i think it's a nice alternative that respect the traditional design but updates it for the "next gen."

I've read the jersey has already been sold out at several sites.
I can live with Black but why is the reverse colour not white and black....Yellow does not exist in the Leaf colour scheme IMO.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Expert
Oct 5, 2008
17172 posts
12671 upvotes
Toronto
I'm not a Leafs fan but there's no way yellow should be on the shirt
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2010
10310 posts
4765 upvotes
Toronto
Black and blue is great.
Agree with the consensus that the yellow sucks and makes no sense. As long as they don’t wear the yellow side during games let the kids do with it as they please.

Confirmed only the black side will be worn during games
No, they won’t be wearing the jerseys inside out during actual games; we’ll only ever see the black and blue side. Yes, that was honestly the first question I asked the team. I did get the impression the Leafs may consider wearing them inside out during the pre-game warmup skate at some point.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)