Leakage of water some where in house

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 19th, 2021 10:28 am
[OP]
Jun 15, 2021
1 posts

Leakage of water some where in house

Hi,
My water bill is extremely high for some month. Is there anyway to check leakage or who can help and find the leakage properly. I called from Kijiii but he was not able to find anything. So looking some expert yo check. Where i can find good one to check anf fix.
6 replies
Jul 14, 2017
364 posts
58 upvotes
Ontario
Locate the water meter and check to see if the numbers or needle move.
Have someone run the water so you can see what I mean.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2006
4937 posts
1829 upvotes
Not so easy there Ma…
First thing, check that the meter reading is correct. The number on the bill vs what your meter reads.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
7513 posts
8080 upvotes
Vancouver
If you can stop using water for half a day or so, you can get enough of a reading from your water meter to check the leak rate if it's significant enough to affect your bill substantially.

If it is leaking, 90% it's a toilet. Observe the water in the bowl by reflected light off the surface. It should be completely still. If there's the tiniest ripple on the surface, it's leaking. Most probably the flush valve. They need replacing every 10 years or so, a fairly quick and simple and cheap job.

Some municipalities will grant you a one-time discount on your bill if you show them that you have fixed a leak.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2017
1678 posts
1137 upvotes
Manitoba
Pour some dye on the toilet tank and see if the coloured water seeps after a couple of hours.
Deal Addict
May 21, 2015
1201 posts
805 upvotes
Sarnia, ON
You can usually get the dye tablets for free at hardware stores