• Sep 2nd, 2021 3:37 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2006
4240 posts
1012 upvotes

Leaky LG washer

My LG washer is 1.5 years old. The washer and dryer are stacked in a closet.

I put a smartthings water leak sensor in the closet just in case. And there's a small leak that comes up during the rinse cycle (though I cannot determine exactly when the leak starts) from the bottom left.

We wipe down the gasket and the door after EVERY day that it is used.

I have:
- cleaned the filter in front bottom left (it wasn't even mucky)
- used 2 washing machine cleaning pods (admittedly, i was just being a little cheap and trying not to use a 3rd one)

The trouble shooting on the LG website doesn't appear to help my situation.

Since it's stacked and in a closet, I do not have easy access to the rear connections but was hoping if anyone had any other suggestions before I do some heavy lifting (or pulling)
Images
  • IMG_6775.JPG
Raptors tickets for sale
RFD Member since 2006
PM with game that you're interested in
Section 114 | Row 17 | 2 Seats
6 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2006
6387 posts
632 upvotes
Murica
Have you tried a selfie stick and use a phone to try to view the back of your washer unit? When the washer was installed was the hose new or reused? The house could have been pinched if pushed to far back or under the washer

Edit: also check your clear out port for lint and gunk. It maybe clogged and pressure buildup causing leak.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2006
4240 posts
1012 upvotes
maniacshopper wrote: Have you tried a selfie stick and use a phone to try to view the back of your washer unit? When the washer was installed was the hose new or reused? The house could have been pinched if pushed to far back or under the washer

Edit: also check your clear out port for lint and gunk. It maybe clogged and pressure buildup causing leak.
I'll try the selfie stick!.... That's a genius idea!! maybe facetime to so we can see in real time!! hahaah

my clear out porter (filter) was virtually clean.
Raptors tickets for sale
RFD Member since 2006
PM with game that you're interested in
Section 114 | Row 17 | 2 Seats
Jul 23, 2006
134 posts
37 upvotes
Toronto
poorwingman wrote: My LG washer is 1.5 years old. The washer and dryer are stacked in a closet.

I put a smartthings water leak sensor in the closet just in case. And there's a small leak that comes up during the rinse cycle (though I cannot determine exactly when the leak starts) from the bottom left.

We wipe down the gasket and the door after EVERY day that it is used.

I have:
- cleaned the filter in front bottom left (it wasn't even mucky)
- used 2 washing machine cleaning pods (admittedly, i was just being a little cheap and trying not to use a 3rd one)

The trouble shooting on the LG website doesn't appear to help my situation.

Since it's stacked and in a closet, I do not have easy access to the rear connections but was hoping if anyone had any other suggestions before I do some heavy lifting (or pulling)
I have a LG washer that was a few months old when I noticed it started to leak on the rinse cycle as well....especially when I was washing towels. It was still under warranty so I placed a service call. The repair man said that the machine was in perfect working order and that I was using too much soap. I reduced the amount of soap I was using and sure enough, the leaking stopped.
Banned
Jun 4, 2020
1634 posts
1731 upvotes
Clarington, ON
How did you pay? If by credit card, you may be able to get some warranty?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)