Home & Garden

Leaky Shower wall Pull Diverter, how to fix or change or replace it?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 3rd, 2022 9:58 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2015
1999 posts
154 upvotes
Wood Bridge

Leaky Shower wall Pull Diverter, how to fix or change or replace it?

I have a home which has a shower. The shower is original from the builder, it uses the pull out diverter valve, but its on the WALL and NOT on the spout. Its in the middle of the hot and cold nobs. Trust me I spent hours of research, all the search results apply to USA where builders use different components. Here in Canada, how the heck do I remove and replace that? im getting a small pissing stream of water coming out of the actual diverter valve when the water is on. Im also sure water is getting behind the wall too cus im starting to see the ceiling on the floor below have a water spot.

I am trying to find a pic but its also impossible to find a pic. its like every house in Canada has these but google does not show it

any ideaS?
Thanks
15 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2015
1999 posts
154 upvotes
Wood Bridge
ok, not the best picture I am able to find but it looks something like this:

Thanks
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2015
1999 posts
154 upvotes
Wood Bridge
those are not my handles, did u even read what I wrote?
Thanks
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1301 posts
739 upvotes
Oshawa
Did you read what he wrote?

The link he sent you is of the diverters which is what is causing your issue. This is his best guess given what the handles look like.
If your not confident changing it yourself a plumber should be able to handle in half an hour tops. While your in there I would change out the seat as well if there is one.

Stronzo1 wrote: those are not my handles, did u even read what I wrote?
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2011
1156 posts
436 upvotes
Mississauga
Stronzo1 wrote: those are not my handles, did u even read what I wrote?
Sorry but I'm a bit confused, if you stated "it looks something like this", I would have thought, yours look like that. I would have made the same assumption as pootza.
Last edited by MyDream1 on May 1st, 2017 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2003
4991 posts
830 upvotes
Calgary
[..]

Why don't you start here and tell us what doesn't work with your installation

How to Repair Bath and Shower
I apologize for offending sensitivities of alt right, alt left, or anyone in the middle, for humor or perspectives, for my maturity and occasional errors. I apologize for misunderstandings on gender, religion, politics, race or deals.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2015
1999 posts
154 upvotes
Wood Bridge
Hi cough, thanks for the link. When I remove the shiny chrome piece, I do not have any thing that my wrench will grab. its just a threaded thingy out of the wall, and there is no hex shapes, i probably need some kind of tool? i will try n post pictz
Thanks
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1301 posts
739 upvotes
Oshawa
Undo the screw, remove handle. Slide chrome sleeve and then escutcheon off. Some of them are threaded and may require turning to the left. Once all the chrome is off you should see something that a crescent wrench can grab hold off, its most likely brass. Twist that to the left. If you haven't replaced it for a few years it's going to require force.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2015
1999 posts
154 upvotes
Wood Bridge
nothing can grab it not even a crouisant/cresent wrench , its just a threaded thingy that the chrome sleve screws onto
Thanks
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2003
4991 posts
830 upvotes
Calgary

Do you have something like this? Beyond the threads (in the hole) do you see a flattened piece?
I apologize for offending sensitivities of alt right, alt left, or anyone in the middle, for humor or perspectives, for my maturity and occasional errors. I apologize for misunderstandings on gender, religion, politics, race or deals.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2015
1999 posts
154 upvotes
Wood Bridge
no and i cant see that much of it anyway
Thanks
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2015
1999 posts
154 upvotes
Wood Bridge
any other suggestions?
Thanks
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
4346 posts
1638 upvotes
Edmonton
Stronzo1 wrote: any other suggestions?
Take a pic of what you have. Maybe a few at different angles
warming up the earth 1 gas fill-up at a time...
You only live once, get a v8
Feb 2, 2018
3 posts
1 upvote
I have a problem getting mine out. The diverted is the one in your pick. Any ideas. Seems like I can't pull it out after unscrewing brass head.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)