• Jul 17th, 2015 10:50 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Dec 29, 2006
659 posts
138 upvotes

Lease end question

A leased car was involved in a not at fault minor accident and everything was fixed by the dealership through insurance. Will the lessee be responsible for the accelerated depreciation of the car if they decided to return it at the end of the lease term? Thanks.
5 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2004
7325 posts
1885 upvotes
You are fine as long as it was fixed before returning the car. That's one of the benefits of a leased car, you don't get hit with extra depreciation due to accidents as long as it was properly fixed before returning.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2007
4672 posts
1931 upvotes
GTA
I'm not sure if this is common, but a co-worker of mine recently leased a Cadillac and was rear ended. He reviewed his lease agreement and it clearly states that Cadillac Canada must be notified if a leased vehicle is involved in a collision and requires repair work. He's nervous that if he informs them they will find a way to charge him some end of lease fees that he otherwise wouldn't pay. He is having the vehicle repaired at an authorized Cadillac repair facility, but didn't involve the dealer.
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2011
1689 posts
402 upvotes
The_Professor wrote: I'm not sure if this is common, but a co-worker of mine recently leased a Cadillac and was rear ended. He reviewed his lease agreement and it clearly states that Cadillac Canada must be notified if a leased vehicle is involved in a collision and requires repair work. He's nervous that if he informs them they will find a way to charge him some end of lease fees that he otherwise wouldn't pay. He is having the vehicle repaired at an authorized Cadillac repair facility, but didn't involve the dealer.
The dealer usually just wants to be informed so that the vehicle doesn't get repaired with after market parts. So long as the vehicle is repaired up to standards it shouldn't be a problem.