Leased - 2018 Chevrolet Equinox Premier AWD 2.0L

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 16th, 2018 3:11 pm
[OP]
Mar 9, 2004
152 posts
41 upvotes

Leased - 2018 Chevrolet Equinox Premier AWD 2.0L

Just got this deal and wanted to share for comparison purposes that other might want to do.

Model: 2018 Chevrolet Equinox Premier 2.0L AWD
Packages: True North Package

Downpayment: $0
Bi-Weekly Payment: $218 (including Taxes)
Term: 48 Month
Rate: 0.5%
Lease Allowance: 20K per year

Highlights:
Panoramic Sunroof
Leather
Bose Sound System
Auto Tailgate
Navigation (w/ Carplay, Android)
2.0L 252Hp, start/stop tech, 9 speed
All safety features (lane departure, front collision warning etc.) and surround view monitor
Heated and ventilated seats
16 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
1533 posts
627 upvotes
Those Equinox are very well equipped, I test drove one and really like it, I just didn't like the rather simple exterior of the car. From all the top trims I checked out last year of all makes and models in the 39-43k range, Equinox was the best equipped.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2006
4165 posts
1258 upvotes
Vancouver
The car drives very well. The 9spd transmission is much smoother with very little of the hesitation downshifting I often experienced with the 6spd in my now gone 2010 Traverse and I think its' 0-60 is better than my Traverse. It is said to be quieter than its sibling the GMC Terrain which I never drove.

It lacks Adaptive Cruise Control and I suspect its' AWD system is not as good as what Subaru, Hyundai, KIA, and ACURA bring to the road. I found the seat cushion maybe a bit short but hard to know without taking it on a long roadtrip.

Otherwise I thought it would be an pretty good car for several hour drives or around town.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
2504 posts
1030 upvotes
Calgary
koffey wrote: Where's your location? I just priced one out from chev and it's $223 all in bi-weekly for Ontario. So, $5 more than you, paying MSRP with $2450 in rebates.

Great vehicle though.
Is that with tax? I get $253 biweekly on their site with tax and before any dealer fees. I think $218 is excellent if this is for Ontario.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2006
4165 posts
1258 upvotes
Vancouver
Should also add that their infotainment system works reasonably well, has an intuitive user interface, and comes with Android Auto and Apple Carplay. A lot of others in this class are slow/glitchy or do not offer AA or AC.

Units built before Feb/March 2018 were not able to get the top rating in the IIHS side impact but units after that date are top rated.

http://www.iihs.org/iihs/ratings/vehicl ... 4-door-suv

https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2018/ ... n-equinox/

Feb 13, 2017
192 posts
169 upvotes
ON
koffey wrote: Where's your location? I just priced one out from chev and it's $223 all in bi-weekly for Ontario. So, $5 more than you, paying MSRP with $2450 in rebates.

Great vehicle though.
Just priced on chevrolet.ca
Got $253 all in (with a disclaimer saying may include GM Card Application bonus)
Where are you pricing it?
You probably missed something. Select Premier 2.0L AWD and the premium true north package.

Excellent deal that poster negotiated
Last edited by cutepoison on Aug 15th, 2018 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2010
13309 posts
7646 upvotes
Toronto
cutepoison wrote: Just priced on chevrolet.ca
Got $253 all in (with a disclaimer saying may include GM Car Application bonus)
Where are you pricing it?
You probably missed something. Select Premier 2.0L AWD and the premium true north package.

Excellent deal that poster negotiated
You are right, I just ran through the config tool again, selecting the same items. I assume when I first did the config, I was surfing back and forth between config tool and OP. I originally selected the premier and than selected the 2.0LT and True North.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
2504 posts
1030 upvotes
Calgary
This is a very good lease price for a CUV in this class with all that equipment and a 250+ hp engine!
Sep 9, 2008
608 posts
121 upvotes
Mississauga
aleks wrote: This is a very good lease price for a CUV in this class with all that equipment and a 250+ hp engine!
Add trifecta tune and you got 300hp :)
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2008
1302 posts
75 upvotes
Pardon my ignorance about leasing, I don’t really understand the benefits in terms of value for money over financing.

OP will pay 218 biweekly for 48 months, but what is the total amount that must be paid in the end to own the car?
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
2504 posts
1030 upvotes
Calgary
If he wants to keep the car he must pay the residual which will be roughly close to Total price of the vehicle - (218 * 26 * 4).

Lots of lease threads on here if you search, but basically think of leasing as financing a portion of the car. Instead of financing 100% of it for 4 years the OP will finance 50% of it or so. Lots of pros and cons to either case. But say you decided to sell your financed car after 4 years. You own it 100%, but you can't get 100% of what you paid for it. You will again roughly be able to sell it for about 50%, so the two costs are going to be very close between finance and lease.

The comparison falls apart if you take someone who buys a car and keeps it 10 years vs someone who leases a new car every 3-4 years. That's apples and oranges.
[OP]
Mar 9, 2004
152 posts
41 upvotes

Great vehicle though.
I picked it up in Pickering (Boyer is the dealer). Warning that they are limited on selection since the 2019 are starting to rollout.
[OP]
Mar 9, 2004
152 posts
41 upvotes
yourmemory wrote: Pardon my ignorance about leasing, I don’t really understand the benefits in terms of value for money over financing.

OP will pay 218 biweekly for 48 months, but what is the total amount that must be paid in the end to own the car?
My residual is $18,500 + Tax after the 48 months.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)