18687 upvotes
Toronto
Deal fell thru ? No go ?

Try another dealer
[OP]
Oct 4, 2017
238 posts
152 upvotes
booblehead wrote: Deal fell thru ? No go ?

Try another dealer
Yeah fell through, apparently no wear pass. It's $1000 so it was about $20 on top per month. I suspect 595 all in without wear pass is good. Is wear pass that important?
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
31759 posts
18687 upvotes
Toronto
To some, it’s peace of mind. Everyone will have different perception in this sort of plan.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
32944 posts
14664 upvotes
RFDBeliever wrote: Yeah fell through, apparently no wear pass. It's $1000 so it was about $20 on top per month. I suspect 595 all in without wear pass is good. Is wear pass that important?
Depends on how much you intend to care for or neglect your car really. If you plan on doing things like having your kids mess it up or making a playground on the trunk lid/hood; scraping up the wheels while parking against curbs; not caring where you park getting door dings, scratches; playing bumper cars with other cars in your driveway/garage walls to find out where to park; then yeah having it is a pretty good idea lol. Granted, as per my recent thread on here you have someone hit your car in a parking lot while you're gone, no matter what you do or where you park, so there's that.

But if you plan on taking really good care of it, then probably don't need it. I'm presuming the wear pass includes the cosmetic damage--does it include anything else like tyres? In this case the $1000 basically covers you returning it with worn out tyres, plus any other things; so really it's not that bad.

OTOH if you're intent (or even strongly considering) buying out the lease at the end, then the $1000 is pretty much a waste since you wouldn't be giving the car back.